You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Certain Strange Incidents

Real Ghost Stories

Certain Strange Incidents

 

This story is about my mother's house, one where she grew up. It is in Rajasthan and houses there are kind of huge more like a haveli. And this house is also built in same style. Our house has a bit of reputation. Few neighbors claim that they hear noises coming from terrace usually at night. But we never heard any voice ever. But yes, there have been some strange incidents on our terrace. When mom's parents and grandparents died, mom's sister [Maasi] decided to live there.

So the terrace has a small room which was used as playroom when we were kids. We cousins have spent a lot of time in there when I used to visit them during vacations. Once maasi decided to renovate the haveli. Every room was renovated except the one on terrace. Whenever any worker tried renovating it, he would get hurt. He couldn't paint or work in there. He fell from ladder when he climbed to do the ceiling. He got terrified and didn't turn up next day.

Another incident happened. Since the house is big, maasi used to rent the room on terrace. But no tenant could stay more than 1 night. They would run away next day. They said they hear voices and feel some presence. Also that someone used to trouble them by tickling, snatching or pulling the bed sheet they used while sleeping.

I don't know what is true or what not. My mom spent her childhood there and even I when I went for vacations there. We cousins used to sleep alone in that room on terrace but we never felt or heard anything.

Do you have a theory for it?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PariS24, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

phd (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-11)
Rajasthan seems creepy to me due to its ancient history of forts and palaces...
PariS24 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-17)
Thank you so much Ari 😁

This place is very interesting and I finally got a forum where people would really believe me and not just laugh it off
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-15)
Dear Pari,
Welcome to YGS 😊
Thank you for sharing with us.

Regards

*For ease of reading for our friends from other countries,HAVELI=MANSION 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: