You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Irvington Indiana Ghost Tours

Real Ghost Stories

Irvington Indiana Ghost Tours

 

My name is Michael Geis and was on my very first ghost tour this past fall. Irvington, Indiana was named after Washington Irvine. Now, it was the second to last stop of the tour: the H.H. Holmes House famous for America's first Serial Killer. The leader of the tour was a paranormal investigator. Surely enough, while telling us that black cats have an attachment to the house, out of the corner my eye I saw four black cats run to the back but didn't see come out the other side. I was wondering if possibly the ghost H.H. Holmes is still at his work after death. It was odd.

I did some investigating myself and found out others have witnessed this strange phenomena as well. I am still baffled by this mystery. Lately I was wondering if there was someone stealing cats around in Irvington using the H.H. Holmes house to cover it up. I said to myself there is just no way cats simply go missing without a trace.

I dug around for more clues. I asked locals if they notice something strange about the house and if they had odd feelings about it. Hey simply told me don't turnover the past, but that did not stop me from trying to solve this mystery. I called the local sheriff's department asking to see records of lost cats turning around the vicinity the house. Nothing turned up.

This really baffled me so I did my own lock down in the house. Sure enough, the cats came and disappeared around the corner of the house. I redid my steps of the investigation and then again found another dead end. Hard to believe.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mtjr, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

mtjr (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
it does stand in irvington the one that he rent and it is a book bumps in the night by alan e. Hunter and thanks for the comment and here is some more information
Http://www.indianaghosttours.org/
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
I don't know I can't find it google earth is being stupid, and I'm not sure why but it's not even labeled on there.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
Elanoraemily, oh well uh that is intersting, hold on I'm going to run over to this place... (on Google Earth!) LOL.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
Strange. According to this, the house that stands there now is a replica.

Http://www.axs.com/have-a-holly-jolly-paranormal-christmas-serial-killer-in-irvington-ind-32912

The details of the Indiana house are at the bottom of the article.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
Well why does the webpage that I went to say this:

"We had the opportunity to investigate one of the houses located on the property associated with the infamous Dr. H.H. Holmes, who murdered a young boy in a rented house in Irvington, which no longer stands."

Is it an error?
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
The house in Indiana is still standing. The castle in Chicago was burned down to hide the crimes.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
Mtjr, very intersting story, but - I looked this place up and I read that this house no longer stands. So I'm now confused.

Http://indianaparanormal.com/irvington.html
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
I am a bad former Hoosier. I totally forget that his final residence was in Indiana. I always think of Chicago.

Onto the actual story, cats are just cats. The color of them does not make them more susceptible to the paranormal. I think that what you are seeing might actually be something residual, a pattern. Seeming how they keep popping up and going nowhere, that is an option.
Or, they could be a real family of feral cats that have stayed together and live in the area. Cats can squeeze into tiny places and jump fairly high, so they can escape areas that look closed off with ease.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: