You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: The Mysterious Figure In The Passage

Real Ghost Stories

The Mysterious Figure In The Passage

 

It happened at my mother's house, on April 2015. I just came from school and I was home for the Easter holidays. I suddenly woke up at around three in the morning because I needed to use the bathroom. Well, in my room there are three beds, one for me, the other for my eleven year old sister and the other one is for my younger brother who is seventeen. My bed is next to the window and the door is on the other side next to my little brother's bed.

At my place we have three bedrooms. One for us, the other one for my two other sisters and the last one is for my mother. At night we usually switch off the lights and only switch on the passage light. Both the three bedrooms are facing each other in such a way that I could see someone leaving or entering in my two sisters' bedroom and also my mother's. The room was little bit dark though but the passage light made it easy for me to see around.

So I opened my eyes but I was lazy to get up and go to the bathroom. Something urged me to look in the passage. I was terrified at what I saw. I nearly peed in my bed. My heart jumped in such a way that I thought it was going to pop out of my mouth. I remained motionless in the bed without moving. There in the middle of the passage stood a large being. My mind couldn't comprehend what my eyes were looking at. This thing was not a ghost because I usually hear people saying ghosts are small and are like human beings. But this thing was far too greater and bigger to be a ghost. If it was a ghost, then it was hell of a ghost!

It was glassy or transparent. It did not have a shape or color. It stood there in the passage looking intently at my sisters' room. As I laid my head still on the pillow, I looked at it intently to try and figure out what it was. It was like a small dragon with horns or a huge bear with horns but it was colorless! With no shape! But you could tell it resembled a dragon or a huge bear with horns. As I stared intently, it suddenly moved towards my sisters' room. The way it moved was mysterious. It was like it was floating in the air but it had things like legs which were walking but the entire body was floating.

I wanted to shout and wake everybody but I couldn't get a single sound out of my mouth. It entered in their room and I couldn't see it again. I was waiting for my two sisters to scream, but nothing happened. I did not dare to wake up but I remained motionless in my bed. I stayed like that for almost thirty minutes holding my pee. After a while, when fear subsided, I slowly got out of my bed and went to check at the other. I quickly switched on the light in my room and in my sisters' room but I saw couldn't see anything.

My older sister woke up and complained at me because the light was hurting her eyes. I switched it off and did not tell her what I just saw. I went to the bathroom and peed. I went back to my room and got into my bed and I don't know how I fell asleep, but I slept.

Thanks for reading guys, please leave a comment and help to know what I saw.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Aldred, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Bee_Beans (6 stories) (41 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-17)
I agree with Rook. It seems more likely that this was a nature spirit or elemental. Clearly it did not mean you any harm at the time. It must have been very scary, though!
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-27)
Well that certainly is mysterious, and scary. I wonder if it knew you were watching it.
sininesisalik (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-21)
This seems scary. It might just have been sleep paralysis, when your body is sleeping but your mind is awake. In that state you will usually start hallucinating scary things. If you could move and weren'paralysed, you should just hope for the best and try to forget it. Praying also helps.
yash (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-21)
I guess, it might be an alien, as because similar kind of story was displayed in one of the Discovery channel's programme named, 'NASA's unexplained files'.
faith1986 (23 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-18)
Okay, I just noticed the OP won't be participating. I should have looked at that first before asking a question. My bad:-/
faith1986 (23 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-18)
Interesting story. Just curious to the OP, You mentioned that when you first saw it that it scared you (would have scared me too) but I was wondering if you felt any other feelings/emotions while you were looking at it or still felt the presence? Did you feel like this was an evil thing? Or did you feel any sense of calm at all? Dread? Sadness? Any feelings at all besides fear? I just wonder because I am a very firm believer of our own feelings being a huge indicator of if something is evil, or if maybe it was a protective type thing or somewhere in between... Just curious. Thank you;-)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
Transparent form that may have been a small dragon or a Large bear with horns does NOT sound like a Poltergiest or a Demonic shadow... While it is a widely held opinion that demons will be subtle this figure you saw seems more like a nature spirit or perhaps an elemental and NOT something demonic.

As far as poltergiest are concerned there are many theories... I favor this one... Either it is a spirit or entity that has been attracted to the energy a young teenager gives off as they go through purberty... Using the energy to move objects and make noise OR it is excess energy discharging from an individual going through puberty in the form a psychokenitic outbursts that cause noises or make objects move.

Your experience, while frightening, does not sound like it was threatening in anyway. However you may wish to Shield your home. Please look on my profile there is a method posted there that may help.

Thanks for sharing and welcome to YGS.

Respectfully,

Rook
marixa310 (2 posts)
-2
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
From research I have done over the years, ghost or spirits are human energy and will only take on human forms. Poltergeist are mass black shadows because they are only energy. This you saw, in my opinion is demonic. It, most of the time, likes to feed on the smaller children because they are more perceptive of their presence and they can alter the children sight and become something innocent looking. Like a young boy or girl or an grandfather looking male. Something gentle. They use the children to posses the family as a unit to cause harm. Because you are older you saw the true form of the demon and tried to scare you. You are a threat and if not careful it can follow you and your family anywhere. If you are religious I would advise you to talk to someone from your church or whatever it is for some advice to get rid of the demon as soon as possible. Do not speak to it and never ever use a Ouija board. Do not provoke it, the more you simply ignore it and try to control your fear the better chance you have in getting rid of it. Trying to move may not work. If it has a hold of any of the younger children it may follow you and anger it. So get some help. Good Luck!
AngeLeeS (8 stories) (20 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
It sure might have been scary to see such a figure. I know how it feels. And according to my experience and research, sometimes the apparitions seem to be taller than normal as they are floating. And moreover, because it was shapeless, so we never know what parts were figments of our own imagination and what was in fact in front of the eyes.

Nonetheless, pray and see for other paranormal signs.
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
Hello:
No disrespect intended, but an insect shadow THAT large?
That sounds like reaching just a "wee" bit too far. The truth is, most of us do not know what many of these beings are or where they come from. I personally don't believe the polarized "Heaven of Hell" theory. I think there's a lot out there that science has YET to explain at least at this point on the timeline. They used to think that the plague was from evil entities, until discovering the germ theory; i.e., bacteria and viruses.
I know there are some on this site that are knowledgeable regarding the descriptions of various entities. Theories, anyone?
Kind Regards,
Lynev
vintageglam (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
What a creepy story. Hopefully you will never see this "thing" again.
PagalLadka (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
I agree with gaurav. Maybe he is right. It may be some kind of insect. Wandering around the bulb
gaurav_in (1 stories) (4 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
It would be the shadow of a large insect or something like that, which would be roaming near the bulb. May be it was close to bulb so it's shadow was appearing large. So forget that and live happily. Keep updating.:)
fattyboomboom (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
It was a Tookalooshe (I know I'm spelling wrong, but I'm from the overseas- California! On second thought, It WS probably DIE ANTWOORD! 😁 ❤ 😆
mtjr (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-15)
hopefully it wasn't a demon. Usually house demonic possessions are but do happen. Have you looked around for any other sign of paranormal activity
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-15)
Maybe say a prayer for your sisters now and if it happens again? Have you asked your sisters if anything strange has happened in their room?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: