You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Strange Presence In My House

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Presence In My House

 

I feel weird writing a submission however I have no one to really talk to. Anyway, my dad bought his house back in 2008 and the first time I notcied something strange was within that first year.

Long story short me and the cat I got were in the old computer room. The door was wide open with my dad's shoe blocking the door, the cat was laying on the deak, and I was using the computer. I forgot what time it was but we were alone and suddenly the door slammed shut as hard as it could. The a/c wasn't on, no windows were open.

Then off and on I had strange feelings for years. Then in 2012/13 shortly after my great grandpa died I couldn't sleep through the night because something was waking me up. Around 2am I would suddenly wake up, my heart would start beating faster, my breathing gets deeper, and then I feel like someone is in my room. Watching me. I can't move to see what's there or anything.

Later that progressed to me actually feeling fingers touch me, then a palm, then two hands, and then being pushed into my bed. My fear of the dark was now reiterated and I slept with the door open.

Now within the last year I tend to wake up at 3am. Something strange always happens at that time. Whether I feel a presence, I see a shadow/silhouette, I hear footsteps, or water running even though nobody else is up. Durring the summer my little brother started sleeping in my room because "he felt safer." Over the course of July/August is when I started finding out why.

Basically, he got scared one night, thought he saw something, and another night heard voices. He said one boy and one girl and she said "turn it up," then yelled "turn it off!" Our sister heard that too. So the next night I slept in the room. This is where it gets scary even for me, his door was closed, the tv and satellite were on as was the fan. They're alseep and I'm still trying to fall asleep.

Eventually I heard a noise of something lightly scratching the wall by his poster which alerted me. Nothing was there. Then I started to doze off and had a dream that involved a woman, it was a nightmare of sorts and she started laughing because I got scared in the dream. Now, the next morning my sister told me she heard a voice that night, and then laughter. She mimicked the laugh that I heard, and I didn't tell her what had happened.

My sister also told me she saw the woman and described exactly what I saw, the only problem is, my sister is blind. Since September my mom and I have been seeing a figure. Mainly a woman/girl all in black. We'll see her reflection, or standing in the corner of a room for a brief second, or walking into one of the rooms, but she vanishes.

In November we got a dog and I again started sleeping with my door closed with my dog on my bed. One night she woke up because she got up suddenly and barked, she was staring at the door and started to growl. I grabbed my flashlight and checked the house only to find everyone alseep.

Now approximately one week ago... Maybe 2 I was awake all night. I never fell alseep but I knew it was near 3am (I don't like knowing when it is 3 because of strange events) I was on my back staring at the ceiling after petting my dog and then I rolled over to my side facing my door with my eyes open.

I saw three figures, well silhouettes, that were standing by my bedside. The two in the back were females of some sort and the center figure stood right at the side of my bed. I remember him being muscular, had no hair, and had two distinct horns. He spoke to me but I do not remember what was said. I remember I answered him but have no idea what I said.

My dad hates when I bring up supernatural events or if I look into something. Sorry this was so long its just a long story, I hope someone can help me figure what's going on, and what to do...like... Is this something super bad, oh also me and family are not religious, but we do have a crucifix hanging above our front door if that matters.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 6ix2wo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-29)
6ix2wo, you say that you tend to wake up around 3am, well I have heared that 3am is witching hour, I'm not sure if it is related to this or not, but you never know.
It is confusing to read that that your sister is blind but she saw something, the blind can't see but they can imagine. Did she see it in her head?
I think you just need to cleanse your home.
You can also try just simply telling it to leave you alone.
6ix2wo (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-22)
Val, I am a skeptic, and I always try to rationalize things as best I can. We haven't had rodents, the only type of pests are crickets and roaches. As for the crucifix, my dad put it on but he lost his faith as a child. And this woman we see, she's always in black, usually a dress but the length changes. I forgot to mention that my mom said she saw the dog starring at the ceiling (which she's been doing for 2 weeks) and when she looked to see what the dog saw, she said there was the woman as a shadow/silhouette moving towards the wall and vanished. I do know the house is pretty new, my dads the second owner, and there were renters before us.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-20)
Thanks for the mention... But expert is not something I would call myself...experienced...yes for sure... But expert I am not.

Val makes some great points... Research into the properties history and a Journal can lead to many answers and most of them will be non-paranormal in nature.

Thanks for posting and please ask any questions you might have.

Respectfully,

Rook
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-04-20)
6ix2wo,
Many believe that a crucifix wards off evil. However, as most anything of the religious or paranormal subjects a lot depends on your faith and belief in it. Who placed the crucifix on your house? If it was your parents, perhaps they wouldn't object to having the house blessed.
Given the length of time things have been going on, I don't think you have anything particularly evil in your house. You seeing that horned figure with 2 females could have been generated by exhaustion, a 'waking dream' as it were. In other words, possibly not paranormal. You need to look for possible explanations before assuming it is paranormal. The voices your brother and sister heard - how close is the nearest neighbor? Is it possible they heard someone from outside talking? Sound can travel quite far in the right conditions. The scratching near his poster - a mouse in the wall perhaps?
Now, the figure you and your mom see - that's possibly a residual. See if you can do a bit of research into the house's background. Take note of her mode of dress - that could help narrow down a time frame for you.
Along with Tweed, I'd suggest Rook's cleansing method. You might also (if you don't already) consider keeping a journal of what happens. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Record the date, time (approx. Is ok), weather, how you were feeling, etc along with as much detail about the event as you can. This could help you determine if there is a pattern, type of spirit (s) involved, as
Well as aid you in figuring out logical mundane explanations if there is one to be had.
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-20)
Hello:

I was going to write the exact same thing, Tweed! Glad you beat me to the punch. The member with the cleansing/shielding method is Rookdygin and it is well detailed in his profile under where it reads "about me".
It is generic, so it can be used by any faith.
The cleansing/shielding may have to be performed periodically, and perhaps more often at the beginning if one (that you don't want there) is resistant. Rook even offers his assistance in any way he can, so you could contact him through the profile page if needed.
He's our neighborhood expert!
This would be the best place to start, and something you can do by yourself at home.
These beings don't really sound like anyone I'd want around.
Kind Regards,
Lynev
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-19)
Hi 6ix2wo,

I don't know much about religious things but a lot of people here do, so they can help you with the crucifix side of things.

I can only suggest performing a cleansing ritual. Here's a link to a member who detailed a great cleansing method on his profile. Many have used this myself included, can attest it works very well.
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

Don't worry about 3am, superstitious nonsense. Sounds like your internal body clock is maintaining a habit to wake up at this time. Also if it's a quiet time in your home around 3am, as is most homes, any unwanted ghosts will probably run a muck.

Hope things calm down soon, take care.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: