You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Figure In My Room

Real Ghost Stories

Figure In My Room

 

As a teen, my uncle did automatic writing and had been speaking with an entity. Strange things happened often. I would wake with candle wax on me and no candle in my room. I woke soaking wet from water poured on me and no water in my room. This went on for a while.

I lived in the country and the only outside light was the moon. I had thick curtains on my windows and that made my room totally dark.

I woke one night to see a figure standing at the foot of my bed. This figure was darker than my room and seemed to be outlined with red. It was really huge. It just stood there staring at me. I heard one of my brothers and called out. He opened the door and the figure disappeared.

Needless to say, I slept with a light on for years after that.

Since I had my second child, I've been more aware of things moving in my home. I don't let it scare me. I've never had anything try to harm me or scare me. I hear the occasional knocking or something being moved. I just figured something was letting me know it's there. I have even had dreams of my dad and grandparents. In the dreams, they were letting me know they were okay. It was such a good feeling dream that I woke crying each time.

I think I'll be spending a lot of time reading other stories on here. Some are very fascinating. My daughter will as well. We love watching shows about ghosts and such. Exposing her to this has helped to not be afraid. I'm thankful for that because I didn't want her to experience what I had and everything scare her. I was scared until my early 20's.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AliciaFaye, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AliciaFaye (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-03)
Sorry. The eyes seemed to have the same outline as the rest of it (whatever it was). Standing at the foot of my bed, the whole body of it faced me.

Living out in the country, there were no street lights. The only light came from the moon but my curtains were closed. I can't explain why I was able to see it.
ShilRoy13 (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-03)
So according to you the figure was darker than your room then how did you know that it was staring at you? Did it have eyes? Please describe a little bit more about that ghost.
AliciaFaye (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-03)
My oldest child is 21 and my second is 13. My son has never seemed bothered by any of this. My daughter is aware and also hears stuff. She has adopted my way of dealing with it. Like me, she seems to feel it when something is in the room and doesn't let it scare her.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-01)
AliciaFaye,

Not to pry but how old is your oldest? There is a chance that the experiences are caused by a Poltergiest... Just a thought.

(No not like the one in the soon to be released remake...)

Respectfully,

Rook
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-30)
AliciaFaye, I still encourage protection things, perhaps a house cleansing, like Rook has on his page, and asking/visualizing your whole home being protected. There are many ways to go about it. Be safe.
AliciaFaye (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-30)
The channel and input changing is still going on. Last night I heard a knock in the kitchen. It could have been a branch hitting the roof but it sounded like it was inside the house. This morning, a dish fell to the floor but no one was in there.

So far, most of the stuff going on could be explained away. I'll be watching and listening.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-28)
AliciaFaye,

Well that kind of rules out the neighbors... LoL 😆

If a spirit is really trying to interact by changing channels try this... The next time something like this happens with the TV ask for a specific channel to be changed to. If it happens then you more than likely have a spirit in your home...

Have you tried to capture an EVP? If you have a digital voice recorder... Turn it on, ask 3-5 basic questions (What is your name? How long have you been here?...ect), pause after each then set it down as say something like, 'We are leaving the house, if you have anything to say please do so, this device will record your voice and let us hear it later.' Then set it down and 'go away' for 30 minutes to an hour. Come back and listen to the recording.

Keep a journal, this will help establish just 'where' the hotspots are, who 'sees' the most activity and what that activity is. It will also allow you to go back a debunk better because you recorded the facts.

Next question is this... How old is your daughter? There is a chance that the TV 'thing' may have been a Poltergiest... Which can be a spirit OR telekentic outbust from a child who is beginging or going through puberty.

So many things... Which is why a Journal is so often suggested when spirit activity is suspected.

Thanks for the update and feedback. Please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
AliciaFaye (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-28)
I live out in the country and am surrounded by trees. I'll change the batteries, just in case.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-28)
AliciaFaye,

The very first question is this... How close are your neighbors?

I ask becasue there are times when our neighbors remotes MAY casue our TV's to change channels... Not saying this is the case but it does have to be ruled out as a possiblity... Additionally check the batteries in the remote (s) because old batteries may cause remotes to 'misbehave'. Again, not saying this is the case, but the mundane must be ruled out.

Thanks for the update.

Respectfully,

Rook
AliciaFaye (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-28)
Last night, there was some interesting activity. I was reading a book online and my daughter was watching Netflix through our Blu-ray. The input on the tv changed to HDMI1 and that input is for satellite. My daughter got excited and asked whoever was in the room with us to do it again. The channel changed. There is only one remote to our satellite receiver in the living room and it was on my desk. No one was touching it but the channel changed. This is the second time it's happened. It's possible that the satellite could jump stations. My question is how did the input change on the tv?
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-20)
Hi AliciaFaye,

I think it is a wise idea to teach your daughter about the types of energies you sense. There is a genetic link to sensitivity, too. And she might also be sensitive. As others have already said here, you are wise to have found a comfortable place including your support system. Help your daughter to feel empowered in her abilities to protect herself and set clear boundaries with whatever she senses. I have never wanted to see things, and I don't. When I "feel" things near me, I say, " only be near me if I can help you. Otherwise, find someone who can. If I can help, I ask all that is positive and loving to show me how and help me do it." I wish you and your family the best. Be safe.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-20)
Curious, you can submit a story if you like. Please make sure you've read the submission guidelines first though.
QuiteCurious (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-20)
Fascinating! I felt the urge to post as I believe AliciaFaye has exactly the right attitude. I've had some experiences, (but I'll go into that another time as this is my first post) which lead me to believe these entities that appear mischievous at best and malevolent at worst.

How they behave and the form they take is possibly down to their own capabilities and how they go about their activities is a matter of what has worked best for them previously. In the end its designed to scare you, either for their amusement or to disrupt your life. Many people fear the unknown and this has made them susceptible to them moreso.

In short, their power over you is loosely related to how much of an effect they have on you when performing their tricks like the movement from the corner of your eyes etc. These are basic spook 101 tricks and certainly it freak people out.

The best course of action in most cases is to not acknowledge their activities (which is quite hard to do as anything out of the ordinary will usually cause us to react). Essentially if a person no longer is fun for them or doesn't behave the way they expect, the unbound ones will move on. Though because they are able to somewhat freely move and return, they could turn up again from time to time, but their effectiveness is down to people's responses.

As for some that are genuinely nice, friendly, helpful and so on, these are few and far between, the exception not the rule. Even so, be mindful as their nature is deceitful and they do this as a tactic to win someone's trust. In this domain, there's never a something for nothing, payment is expected in the end.

So I found it refreshing that you've already come to these conclusions and did exactly the right thing. Be brave and don't fear!

I've only scratched the surface, would love to write more and though I've had some experiences, I'm by no means an expert but I'm more than happy to elaborate should anyone want more info.
AliciaFaye (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-20)
I agree. My uncle has been a psychic as long as I can remember. He was communicating with something for years. It took him a while to realize that whoever it was wasn't good.

The figure at the end of my bed was evil. I could feel it all around me. I'm not sure if it had horns but it had something on it's head. Whatever it was, it never moved. Just stared. I know people talk about how a room feels with this and it wasn't just an evil feeling. I also felt that it was gleeful. That was confusing. Of course, that added to my fear.
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-20)
Hi, Alicia:

I think Darkangel may be on to something about your uncle. He may have inadvertently opened a doorway, enabling entities to enter. This might explain the activity when young. I don't really know what the shadow person was, but there are many other stories here about them. There are also others here more knowledgeable who may be more able to define them for you.
Regardless, it sounds to me that you are and always have been sensitive to spirit. It is good that you are not afraid, and have been comforted by your loved ones on the other side. I have had similar experiences, lacking any solid apparitions. I have learned over time to pray for protection, and to rely upon the God of my understanding as well as my ancestors to help protect me from anything scary or unpleasant.
I agree with what Tweed wrote, that since reading so many independent stories here on YGS I have changed my beliefs about many things. I LOVE reading and rereading the stories posted here, and you can save the ones you like to your favorites. It's a wealth of information and an education.
Blessings,
Lynev
AliciaFaye (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-20)
Thank you! The last time I was sure of what I saw was after my step-dad died. I was sitting at my Mom's dining room table and I swung my head around to answer a question. As my eyes came across the hallway, I saw my step-dad standing there and looking my way. He was so visible that it took my breath away.

I've recently moved and haven't heard or seen anything since. We've only been in this home for a month and a half and haven't even heard a knock yet. I'll be listening and report anything new.
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-19)
AliciaFaye- That is the first time hearing about a shadow person outlined in red, I had seen one when I was 15 at the end of my bed (hatman). I have recently started seeing shadow people out the corner of my eye. I really don't like these types of entities. I am wondering by your uncle doing automatic writing did he open up a door or something, I hope that is not the case. Very interesting story!
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-19)
Hi Alicia,

It's great you're open minded and not put off by the ominous figure from your past. 😊

So many stories on here are about shadow people. I've never encountered any. For many years I thought shadow people were figments of peoples imagination. It's only since reading stories on here that I learn how wrong I was. Because everyone says the same things about them and they're such a common entity that many experience.

Oh and
Welcome to YGS!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: