You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: Strange Things Following Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Things Following Me?

 

I'm writing this to know what these things are and what to do if I see them again.

It was when I was a young. Me, my sister's and my dad were all out on bonfire night. It was nothing special, just a walk, and it was getting dark. Me and my sisters saw a small bonfire going on near the forest, so we went into the forest to get a closer look. It was a big drop down and we had to walk on a small ridge, so we were being careful not to slip. Everything was going fine, but we never got to see that bonfire, because we saw something else first. We looked down the ridge and right at the bottom, rooting through the leaves for some reason (I have bad eyesight so I couldn't see it in detail) was a shadow. Not a 2D shadow, a full 3D one. It was just completely black, in the shape of a man. It looked up at me and my sisters and then vanished. After it vanished, we saw the leaves and undergrowth being trampled and pushed aside as if somebody was running through them. We ran away after that, too scared to do anything.

I was also talking to my friend one day and he told me about how one day when he was in yet again another forest (not the same one that I was in) he saw a shadow (same description as the one I saw) watching him, but this time it didn't run, it just stared at him, so he ran away, just like I had.

12 years old. I was enjoying a nice sleep when I woke up at the early time on 5:00, looking back at it now, I noticed that I was sort of frozen, but it was fine because I didn't want to move anyway. As I looked on the floor I saw something that still scares me still today, a sort of small thing running across the floor on all fours, its complete strangeness got my heart beating. I share a room with my brother, and it ran towards him, then vanished. It was also a shadow, but obviously a different one to the other two. Since that day I have had no visits, but sometimes I have brief sightings of dark shadows running past me. Please help, answer those two questions I asked at the beginning, but any other help would be a great help.

Thanks.

Descriptions

Me- Good grades, good at computers and English. Interested in paranormal life but never done any rituals or anything. Had a couple of girlfriends but not anymore.

Friend- Quite violent, but doesn't do anybody harm. Plays lots of games. Not as good grades as me in school. Also believes in paranormal life, but never got into it. Has NEVER had a girlfriend.

Sister 1- Young. Plays with dolls. Scared of paranormal life but (as far as I know) has never got into it.

Sister 2- Again, scared of paranormal life. Also has never gotten into it.

Brother- Quite angry and can be mean to me. Often punches me and makes me do things for him. He annoys me a lot.Ζ’ΒΌ

Family- Non-religious big family.

Area- Wales, UK.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gravityballoon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-04-26)
Hi Gravity,
Just a thought, the small critter you saw may have been a waking dream. That's when you wake during REM and it's projected onto our reality. These can continue on for a few minutes (probably less, but it CAN feel like awhile), and can be horribly vivid. I've had a few experiences with it. Once I awoke to humongous spiders crawling on the pillow next to me! And I mean HUGE tarantulas. I threw myself into the far corner of the bed and they were gone - poof! Another time, I awoke to dark beings surrounding my bed. They put me in mind of 'greys'. Anyway, I was fairly sure I was dreaming, so I squeeze my eyes shut and opened them just to still see them milling about me! I did what any sane person would -I let out a scream to do a banshee proud as I lounged for my bat. But as I spun to face them - nothing was there. *shrug* Just suggesting a possibility.
I don't think the other shadows you've encountered are much cause for worry. I don't think they really cause harm, aside from the fact folks get scared. I tend to think the fear stems more from ourselves then anything they're doing. We don't understand them (the who, what, why of them) and anything humans don't understand they tend to fear. Quite natural. I did read somewhere once that they were spirits who don't have quite enough energy to manifest fully. Then again, I've heard they're an alien life form here to observe us. I guess it just depends on how you want to interpret them. But, as Tweed said, you aren't alone in having seen them.
gravityballoon (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-24)
Sup, rook. Yes, Guy Fawkes Night is what I was talking about. Thanks for the new information. Every little helps! 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-23)
Your first experience happened on bon fire night... I think I know what you mean... Is it this?

"Remember, remember the fifth of November, Gunpowder, treason and plot. I see no reason, why the gunpowder treason Should ever be forgot."

Guy Fawkes night? Seems a strange night for an experience, however I agree that all of these experiences might...MIGHT...be nature spirits... OR based on your age and 'guessing' at your brothers the one inside your home may have been a physical manifestion of a poltergiest... Based on you being 13-14, him a wee bit older and the 'tense' relationship between the two of you as you both are going through puberty... One entering it the other either halfway through or at the end of it.

Just a few ideas, nothing sounds harmful, nor as if anything has 'attached' itself to you. Feel free to try the Cleansing and Shileding Method posted on my profile if your really worried this may be negitive in nature.

Thanks for sharing and please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
gravityballoon (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-22)
I heard no popping or any noise like that. But hey, like my eyesight, my hearing is terrible as well. My sisters don't remember this as they were very young, so they couldn't tell me. First time you heard of them being outdoors? Strange. πŸ˜•
gravityballoon (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-22)
Hmmmm, WiniPu... The creature on all fours did have sharp claws... It was definitely the body of a person, but all strange and distorted. It didn't focus on me AT ALL just my brother. It just ran through the door and strait at him. This scares me the most as it seems like it was going out to DO something to him, unlike the other two. πŸ˜•
gravityballoon (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-22)
KATKOOTA, that gave me some confidence, thank you! I'm not really scared of them when there not around, but when they are it just puts me on edge a bit. Nice to know that I'm not alone and these things probably won't harm me 😁
gravityballoon (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-22)
Thank you, Hecate. The woods is very small and is not known by many. But it DOES have a house in it which could have some relation to these things. The one that my friend was in was much bigger and does have a story of someone who went in but never came out, but I have no idea if these are rumors.
gravityballoon (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-22)
thanks Tweed, helped me out a lot! Now I understand these things a bit more I might know how to deal with them! πŸ˜†
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-22)
hehe I was giggling while I typed it.

I would also like to know more about the little critter you saw, if you can remember anything.
I'm pretty interested in the forest detail too. Mainly because it's the first time I've read an account of them in an outdoors setting. I was wondering if maybe they're related to fairy folk in some way. If they feed off strong emotions (not necessarily always fear) just any strong emotion. If they feed off that then a nature setting would be filled with it, every day survival of wildlife.

Oh and my new favourite thing to think about thanks to this site is 'clicking' noises. So many people describe hearing a popping or clicking sound before they notice a shadow person. You didn't happen to hear anything did you? I guess it would be hard to tell since there were leaves crunching underfoot.
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-22)
Hello:
LOL, Tweed! Pass the parcel. I LOVE THAT!
I don't know why, but this story jogged my memory into recalling a human shadow race by a doorway once, and getting a REALLY bad feeling from it.
I have many thoughts about what they could be, but mostly scattered theories. I think many different types of entities can appear to us as shadowy human shapes. Some may be earth-bound souls, others from different planes (interdimensional?) like nature spirits, fae (fairies which encompass many different types of beings), and many other names according to each culture's beliefs.
Do you have any more details to share about the running-on-fours being?
Kind Regards,
Lynev
KATKOOTA (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-22)
Hi, my sister used to see shadow people a lot of times when she was younger. One shadow man with a hat and coat used to stand on her bedroom wall, whenever this happen shes running to my room and sleep beside me without a word, she will just tell me what happened when we woke up in the morning. Also more shadow people man and woman show up to their camping sight where her schoolmates even fainted and got sick. Till she got married sometimes she still see the shadow man and she's still scared. Just live a normal life, as long as they don't do anything bad to you, you don't need to worry. This entities do live with us since the beginning of life, it's just that some people like you and my sister are more sensitive and maybe more attractive to this shadow people. Don't be afraid.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-21)
Hi GravityBalloon - great name, by the way.

You might also have run into nature spirits, sprites, etc. I, personally know very little about them. But I am hoping others here more knowledgeable will chime in here to help. Do the woods you were walking in have old stories about such woodland spirits. They often do.

Tweed's recommendation to cleanse your space never hurts. I do a smudging every now and then, just on general principles. You never know what negative stuff gets attached to you when you are out.

I wish you the best.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-21)
Hi Gravity, thanks for the description of the people in your life. I don't know if it's relevant or not but details can often help in unexpected ways.

Well it seems like you've encountered a few 'shadow people/entities'. As I understand it they're usually met with a sense of fear by most who see them. But apart from instilling fear they don't seem to do much else. A few people have theories about them feeding off our fear, gaining energy from it. I'm open to this possibility.
Also I haven't noticed any 'type' of person they're attracted to. There are many many stories about shadow people on here all by different people from different walks of life. So their attraction to people is a bit of a mystery.

If you haven't encountered any for a while I'd say no need to worry too much. But if you're on edge by all means look into cleansing/protecting rituals.
Here's one such ritual on the profile of member Rookdygin that gets passed around more than pass the parcel.
Feel free to give it a whirl. Can attest it works.
But if you're not going through anything at the moment I'd say no need to worry. Shadow entities are an extremely common encounter, you're not alone 😊

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: