You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Something Under My Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Something Under My Bed

 

When I was 15 years old I was admitted to a well known hospital in Mumbai, for an operation to be performed on my leg. I stayed there for around one and a half month.

I used to stay there in a dormitory on a last corner bed near the window. In that same dormitory there was a man, 40 to 45 yrs, wheelchair bound, living there for 3 months. He once told us about the paranormal incidences which he had experienced, but was interrupted by a nurse which silenced him for which she knew that he was telling us about his paranormal experiences. I knew that he was trying to scare other inmates, so I ignored the man and went to my bed.

One fine night as usual I was preparing to sleep at 12 o clock. At that night, I closed the window which remains open all the time and I slept. At around 3 or 3:30, I felt that someone is whispering in my ears. That woke me up from my sleep. I confirmed it by checking my dormitory room and I also checked under my bed to make sure that my other inmates are not playing a prank on me, but I noticed all were sleeping. So I tried to sleep again at 4 o clock. I heard loud noise like someone was banging my metal door of my metal cupboard beside my bed, and my bed was shaking. I got up, totally frightened, this time I was damn sure that someone is under my bed. To my surprise all my inmates were sleeping, the room was locked from inside so no one could have possibly entered the room. I noticed the room was colder as compared to other nights. I opened the window besides my bed so I can fell better, within minutes room came back to normal temperature.

I stayed awake after that, strongly believing that something is still there under my bed. At around 6 o clock there was sunlight, one of the inmate of my dormitory woke up, and I checked beneath my bed, there was nothing.

That same day I personally asked the man about his paranormal incidences. To my fear he told me the same story, what I have experienced the previous midnight. He told me he saw a black apparition roaming in the hallway, entered the dormitory and the temperature of the room fell suddenly low. After roaming for sometime the apparition escaped through the same window besides my bed.

When I was leaving that hospital I came to know that many inmates and the staff noticed the dark apparition in dorm, elevator, hallway, washroom.

It's been 10 years for that incident. I am a doctor now. I myself doesn't believe in ghosts but what happened that night puts a question mark on my medical, rational explanation until date...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Standingbehindyou, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

paraba5183 (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-23)
Name of the hospital plz. Where it is located onn mumbai. Also how the tem down. I didn't undrrstand
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-25)
Standingbehindyou, I, too, have been that afraid to not move for a long time, even as an adult. Fear is never anything to be ashamed of. It makes us more alert to protect ourselves, a very good thing, indeed.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-25)
Hi, Standingbehindyou quite an interesting story... I am keen to know the background of that black apparition... 😉
GoldPhoenix (24 posts)
-2
9 years ago (2015-04-24)
If something was really there it would hurt you instead of scaring you and for a 15 year old to stay up until the sun rises to check if something is under his bed?
How embarrassing:D
From what I read I conclude that somebody was afraid of the dark when he was a kid xD
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-23)
Hello:
I also have some science in my background, but realize there is much about this world that science cannot explain at this point on the timeline. Scientists are recently developing theories that deal with space and time like the string theory that has up to 26 dimensions.
I have been reading stories here for many years and after reading so many independent similar stories have come to believe in many things I once thought were the stuff of fairy tales. I have also had unexplainable things happen, which have changed my belief system.
Remember, they once thought the bubonic plague was caused by evil spirits. I'm not saying that what you saw wasn't paranormal. I'm simply suggesting that what is unexplainable now may one day be defined by science. Another thing to consider is that most of us do have some sort of religion in our background and hold some sort of belief system, all of which are NOT defined by science. I think it is odd that many religions promote a belief in invisible beings, but often do not accept seeing, hearing, or feeling them. Those are just my observations, and I'm sure there are those who may disagree.
It's possible that what you experienced was either an inhuman spirit or someone that has not crossed over and was trying to get attention or help. It's hard to know, but you are lucky that it was corroborated by the other man.
At least you know it was real.
Kind Regards,
Lynev
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+5
9 years ago (2015-04-22)
Hi Standingbehindyou. Without knowing what types of things outside could have projected shadows, or whether there were hot water pipes in the walls nearby that can make a very loud metal-banging sound, your experience still could have been paranormal. Not experiencing it until after you heard stories also makes me wonder if your sleepy mind might have over exaggerated. Have you had any other experiences since? Many of us on this site do believe in ghosts and such. But we also try to help people find more mundane explanations. I hope this helps.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: