You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Sleep Paralysis Or Reality?

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Paralysis Or Reality?

 

The incident I am going to share with you happened with me a year ago. First of all I want to tell you that I have a problem of frequent sleep paralysis but it wasn't that frequent when I was a child. This problem grew after that horrifying dream or reality that I faced a while ago.

I used to live in a 3 BHK flat on the 2nd floor of my building. We were 5 girls living together and I didn't have any roommate while the other 4 were sharing 2 rooms among themselves. It was Saturday morning and an office holiday so I was just lying on my bed. It must have been around 11 AM or so when I closed my eyes but as I woke up, I was unable to move. I knew it was sleep paralysis but I haven\'t had that feeling since 5 years so it was a bit of shock to me. Sleep paralysis makes you very helpless and scares a lot but what happened next was more terrifying. I saw a lady's hand around my head like my mom placed it whenever I was ill. The hand had long nails with black nail polish and it was caressing my hand. I didn't see any face as I was unable to move. I started praying at once and closed my eyes. A few seconds later I pushed myself out of it and was able to move. There was silence all around and I couldn't see anyone. I immediately walked out of my room and shared the incident with my flat mates. Hearing this, one of my flat mates told me that she was also having nightmares since a long time. Her experience was scarier than mine. I will share about her experiences in another post.

It's been a year now and I have had frequent sleep paralysis after that incident. I still see things during the paralysis but those things are not as scary as the one I have shared with you. I will definitely share my other incidents with you. Please help me get rid of this problem.

Other hauntings by AnksCutie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AnksCutie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AnksCutie (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-27)
Hi valkricry

Thanks for your suggestions.
I sleep side wise or on my tummy but not on my back that's why I only saw the hand of the lady not the face. I have tried sleeping in all the other directions and even shifted to another flat.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-25)
I'd like to second SDS' suggestion. Sometimes switching your sleeping arrangement around is all that's needed. If it is not possible to physically change the position of your bed, you can change your position of sleeping in the bed. Put your feet where your head usually rests - a simple thing to do. You might also try flipping your mattress. If you're a back sleeper (for some reason they seem to get SP more often then those who don't sleep on their backs) try sleeping on your side or tummy.
Since you see weird stuff, I'd venture to say it could be hypnopompic or postdormital sleep paralysis. This takes place during the REM cycle of sleep.* Your eyes move quickly and dreams occur, but the rest of your body remains very relaxed. Your muscles are "turned off" during REM sleep. If you become aware before the REM cycle has finished, you may notice that you cannot move or speak.* (Taken from WebMD http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/sleep-paralysis) When you have a moment, you might want to read that article in its entirity. Very interesting.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-25)
Dear AnksCutie,
Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
With due respect to the opinions of all the members who commented before me, I too would like to suggest SP;
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmbpOucNVn4

Do refer to the video documentary for which I have posted the link above.
Feel free to reply or ask any more questions.

Regards
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-25)
Hi AnksCutie, I think it was sleep paralysis you have experienced when you saw a woman. I think you have been dreaming and when you just got out of it or simultaneously you had sleep paralysis and that must be it.

Well, I would like to ask whether you have been sleeping in the same place when you had sleep paralysis on several occasions? Why don't you just change your position of the bed and try it out. In one of my earlier narratives, I explained as to how every one in my family had a sort of sleep paralysis when we sleep at a particular place in one particular room. Just a suggestion.

Please do reply.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
GoldPhoenix (24 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-04-24)
Dont see anything paranormal here seeing weird stuff is part of sleep paralysis and while some times I know what is happening and shake it out fast some times I get tricked and get scared to death while seeing the most dumb stuff near me like a small alien the size of a cat which I would crush with my boot in real life lol so if it happens a lot to you id advice to see an expert on this or if you don't want to try to stay relaxed as much as you can and positive and just and sleep at hours like 2-5 am for 8 hours and see if things get any better
AnksCutie (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-23)
Lady-glow

Thank you for your suggestion... I will definitely follow your advice... 😁
AnksCutie (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-23)
Hi guys... I didn't mean to break any rules. I am not sharing that story here... Please don't get me wrong... 😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-23)
Rook - with all due respect, this isn't her experience. It is her friend's. We don't know enough about it to determine if it is even true, a bid for attention from the o/p or her friend.

One of the reasons we were discouraging this line of conversation was to keep the comments from heading into the, as you put it, SAX and Violins category. And if anyone would decide to go in that vein of conversation, the comments will be deleted.

It does absolutely no good for us to try and enforce the guidelines if everyone just ignores them and us.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-23)
BJJ, Miracles... With all do respect to you I have to say something...

Anks,

You have shared enough that my first response is this...

There is a theory that our mind can cause symtoms to manifest if our dreams seem 'real' to us. Welts, red 'burn marks' and even brusing may appear after we have experienced a 'realilistic' (sp?) dream.

Just one posibility that needs to be ruled out before the paranormal can even be considered. So please rule out any and all natural causes before treating it like a paranormal experince. Please remember YGS no longer excepts experiences of SAX and Violins... 😉 especilly if they are not yours to share.

Respectfully,

Rook
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-23)
Anks, the guidelines apply to every member of this site equally. As Miracles has explained, the story you want to submit breaks multiple guidelines and would be rejected immediately. Please do not waste your time typing it up as we will NOT publish it. If our guidelines seem too strict for your liking, there are tons of websites that would probably accept the story.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-04-23)
Anks - as BadJuuJuu indicated, please check submission guidelines for rules concerning story submission. If you submitted this, it would be returned for several reasons, one of which has already been mentioned. This is not a dream interpretation site. We also do not publish stories of a sexual nature. And too add to those reasons, we wouldn't accept this as it is not your experience.

Even if your roommate were to submit this experience herself, it would not be published.
AnksCutie (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-23)
BadJuuJuu

I understand all the guidelines. Actually my flatmate's dreams were not normal, what she saw was a man who came to her dreams everyday and tried to rape her... And she also had bruises on her hands in the morning. She even consulted an old man from the Mosque who gave her some holy water. That's why I wanted to share it. 😁
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-04-22)
Anks: it is common to 'see' scary and strange things while experiencing SP, sometimes the best thing to do is trying to go back to sleep.
If the problem persist perhaps it would be a good idea to see a sleep disorders specialist.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-04-22)
Since I cannot give BadJuuJuu a positive point for her comment, I'm going to go on record as another mod saying I agree.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-22)
At the risk of sounding harsh, please do not submit your roommate's nightmares as a story. We will have no choice but to reject it as it would be against guidelines. We do not publish nightmares. It's clearly stated in the submission guidelines. We also hesitate to publish stories that didn't happen to the poster or the poster's immediate family.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: