You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Should I Give In?

Real Ghost Stories

Should I Give In?

 

Lately I've been having a lot of Sleep Paralysis and bizarre sensations while I'm either very close to falling asleep or already asleep and waking up to a spinning/vibrating feeling.

This happens almost every night and I'm starting to get kind of scared of falling asleep sometimes. I've read on the internet that the sensations I am feeling is that I am preparing to Astral Project. I used to want to experience Astral Projecting but now I am not so sure because I get very paranoid and anxious at night.

I am deciding whether to just "go with the flow" next time it happens but I'm absolutely terrified of what will happen. I've read that when you're in the Sleep Paralysis state, that you can focus on your third eye and you will experience a rapid spinning, falling, or vibrating sensation and you will begin to detach yourself from your body. I tried focusing on my third eye and I actually began to feel those strange sensations and I could also see with my eyes closed but I would always get scared and fight off the paralysis. I would always imagine Shadow People beside my bed if I get out of my body, and I think that's the part that really gets to me...

One time I was sleeping and I woke up to not being able to move, so out of curiosity I focused on the center of my forehead and I saw a glowing blue rope coming out of my forehead. So I looked this up on the internet and it said that there actually is a blue/silver cord attached to you when Astral Projecting. I have never heard or read anything on the cord until that day.

Anyone else has had this happen to them before? If so please comment on what you did.

Other hauntings by SegaGK

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SegaGK, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JustAnotherPerson (9 stories) (36 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-15)
SegaGK,

Based on your title, I was thinking that this was a completely different story! I was worried there for a moment. 😨

But, then when I saw that it had to do with Astral Projecting/Sleep Paralysis, it piqued my interest. I have had my nights where I was in a sleep paralysis, but more of a night terror for fear of someone trying to get me. But, I have never Astral Projected before. I would highly recommend reading about it more before you decide to just "go with it."

You might put yourself at risk for other body-less spirits if you don't prepare safety cautions first.
spookie1 (5 stories) (72 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-28)
I actually think this is pretty cool, scary but cool. Did you do anything to like get into the sleep paralysis state or did it just happen?

Regards
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-24)
SegaGK,

Rook's advice on the metaphysical realm is -as usual- sound thinking based on his experiences; Tweed and LadyMoira also have more experience with this topic than I (I only 'separated' once, by accident, having fallen asleep on the sofa).

I'd like to call your attention to Hecate's comment and your own statement that you'd "would *imagine* Shadow People beside [your] bed *if* [you] get out of [your] body." While everyone else is encouraging careful and controlled exploration of your natural abilities (I agree with them), I would point out that some fear is reasonable (as fear makes us take precautions) but you do seem to have leaped from Concerned to Terrified without pausing at Nervous, Worried, or Anxious.

I am going to speculate that you tend to be fine in daily life, provided the normal rhythms of routine activity are in effect, or if everything is going according to your pre-conceived plan; I will also speculate that the further your day gets away from your planned activities, the more your stress increases and the worse your brain imagines potential disasters to be. If this sounds accurate to you, Sega, this fear is a Control issue more than a spiritual one. All of the advice you've received here about meditating and focus would be of great value to you, even if you are not yet ready to explore your heightened consciousness. Many yoga studios offer meditation/relaxation classes, you could travel to open space for an unscheduled 'wandering around' lazy afternoon, or you may wish to consult with a psychologist (not a psychiatrist who may prescribe medication) about relaxing your need for situational control.

You need, I suspect, to LOOSEN control, NOT to lose it.

Please take care of both your body and your mind.

Best,
-Biblio.
ladymoira (3 stories) (30 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-23)
Just to put my two cents in, you should know for sure what you are getting into... Its nice that you actually made time to research about astral projection but I suggest meditation first to prepare your mind and body... Then learn some kind of protection... I personally use this (I close my eyes and envision a white light covering me up from head to toe, protecting me and since I'm a Christian I also add the blood of Jesus) but you can use whatever you feel comfortable with.

And if by chance you experience sleep paralysis and you want out, I suggest (and this has worked for me) you focus on your toes or fingers and focus on moving it... It may seem hard but if you succeed in moving your fingers... There is a 50% chance you'll come out of it.

I also suggest you try to get as much rest as possible as sleep paralysis may be as a result of stress and lack of proper sleep. Stay safe!
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-23)
Hi Sega,

In some ways I think you're right about 'giving in' but it's a matter of a willingness to accept a safe loss of control.
Doing something you're not comfortable with is foolish and shouldn't be done. However with astral projection there is an element of losing control which is to be overcome. Try to discern the difference between fearing those shadow people (or anything else) from the difference of a fear of losing control due to your experiences with sleep paralysis combined with astral projection.

If overcoming your fear about astral projection is important to you then I feel you would benefit from learning to lose control without giving your control away.

I suggest setting a time and day (s) aside to practice astral projection. This will automatically give you a sense of control psychologically speaking. Take small steps at a time, practice in only short bouts to begin with. Work your way up as you're feeling more comfortable. Your definition of 'short bouts' is yours to decide.

When I first started I was like you. Didn't take long and I wound up attracting a few nasty things. Because I didn't protect myself first. This put me off for a while. Then eventually I came back to it and slowly but surely got over the fear and learned a valuable lesson in the process.

To sum up;
Don't just 'give in' and let things happen to you.
Instead gain the experience necessary to 'give over' to the process in a safe and rewarding way.

I hope this made sense. Take care.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-23)
SegaGK, your title is interesting. Giving in sounds like a loss of control. Remember, you do have control here. And the recommendations of others to study and understand what you are choosing when you do this will help keep you safe. Do that. Stay safe, both physically and spiritually.
ChrissyMoon (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-23)
I agree with Rook astral projection can be dangerous if not protected properly. Please research first because I find shadow people watching over you when this is occurring a bit unnerving.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-22)
The 'cord' is the connection between our spirit, soul, life force... Call it what you will... And our physical bodies. It allows the 'spirit' to always find its way back to our physical body during Astral Projection or Out of Body experiences. There are times it is so thin that it can not be seen.

Rather than 'giving in' and just letting it happen I suggest that you read about Astral Projection and Out of Body Experiences. Just letting it happen and being unprepared is not a good thing. There is a book I used when I first learned to Astral Project, its called... Llewellyn Pratical Guide to Astral Projection: The Out of Body Experience

Http://www.amazon.com/Llewellyn-Practical-Guide-Astral-Projection/dp/0875421814

This is an updated version of when I first bought and used this book.

You want to Shield and Protect yourself... Not only 'in spirit' but your physical body as well. When our 'spirits' are 'out of body' it leaves room for 'other spirits' to move in... In other words possision (sp) it may be a good spirit or something worse. Now we can always get back becasue of the cord, something the spirit that moved in does not have, but sometimes that can be a long hard 'road'. So rather than just letting it happen. Research it... Learn how to protect yourself and then attempt it. Always 'look before you leap'. The PARANORMAL, METAPHYSICAL world is not something to take lightly.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: