You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Getting Over My Fears

Real Ghost Stories

Getting Over My Fears

 

I'm new here and really nervous about posting but I figured I would post anyways. Just to be fair I honestly don't think I can upload the picture and video that goes with these experiences I'm truely sorry but my computer broke and I can't upload with my phone. If you want to see them ask and I'll make a note to try. So here goes...

My husband,kids, and myself just moved into a 1960 something trailer. Me and my children have been experiencing weird things ever since we moved in two months ago and it scares me to death. My husband is skeptic so I avoid telling him anything.

The first night we was here at around midnight me and my daughters was watching cartoons and we all could feel that there was something off. I turned off the tv to see if I could hear anything and in the black screen I seen what looked like a decaying child standing behind. I freaked out and called a friend to see if they could calm me down but while I was on the phone this knocking started in the back two bedrooms on the walls. My friend heard this and asked if it was my kids (they were both beside me) and as I was explaining something lightly tugged my hair. That was it for the rest of that night though. All I kept thinking in my head was please go away you're scaring me.

A few nights after mind you at night I always feel something here so it wasn't completely gone ever, at about 3am I heard what sounded like stuff being moved on the porch, which we did have a lot of boxes. I was to terrified to look so I ignored it for about half an hour. When it still persisted I called 911 afraid of intruders. As soon as I called I heard something run off the SNOW COVERED porch but when the cops got here there was no footsteps in the snow anywhere not even animal prints.

Soooo... After that I don't know exactly when this stuff was caught because my daughter was playing with my phone while I was cleaning one day I found it later. She had caught an evp of a loud gun shot and a picture of smoke between her and her sister who I've caught talking to something in mine and her room and tried to have something pick her up in our hall. She's two so I don't know what she's saying other than hi and bye.

Now for the last two weeks I've been seeing shadows walking around my house like crazy. I do my best to ignore it hoping they'll leave me alone and the last three nights at 3am I smell something burning. I am truly terrified but I at the same time don't want it to leave because crazy as it sounds I want to learn not to be scared. I don't know weird I guess. But that's my story I'll post if anything else happens. Thanks for reading.

P.s. If it's important at all or anything my husband is Celtic in religion and I am eclectic leaning more towards Norse.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ChrissyMoon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ShilRoy13 (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-03)
You should change the house in which you live. I think its haunted... And please don't be afraid infront of your kids... It can scare them
autumnwind (3 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-04-25)
Communicate with something that's got you terrified? Gawd no! You might end up taking it with you! Think of your kids before you act.
valkricry (49 stories) (3267 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-24)
I agree with Miracles, in this case I would NOT attempt communication.
Funny, I never thought I'd be happy to hear of someone being evicted, but in your case it really does sound like it's for the best. Here's hoping you find somewhere else really quick!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-24)
ChrissyMoon - first, on the upside congrats on the move 😆 Seriously, I've been there a couple times. Less than 30 days notice and have to move. It sucks. But in your family's case, I think the best thing that could happen.

Second, I don't know if I would tempt fate and try and communicate with whomever is there. If it was a nicer, calmer, friendly environment I'd be all for it. But this? Nope, if I were living there, I'd be packing and trying to find someplace else to live ASAP.

Keep us updated 😊
ChrissyMoon (1 stories) (8 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-04-24)
Update on situation I am being evicted so bright side is it is over. I'm am going to try to communicate with entities before I leave though to see why they remain wish me luck.
autumnwind (3 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-24)
"Trailers, in my opinion, are conductors for the paranormal."

Miracle,
Funny, I too lived in 'haunted' mobile home. It was horribly oppressive. VERY strange vibes and happenings, for instance buzzing noises and silverware rattling in the middle of the night. A red blotch on the wall that no matter how often I washed it would always return. There were creepy things about the house itself also like, locks on the OUTSIDE of all of the bedrooms, a peep hole that lead from one of the bedroom closets into the bathroom, bullet holes in the fridge door, people driving by at night and shouting strange things at the trailer. Additionally the neighbor stopped us one day and told us about violence and trouble with the law surrounding the former tenants. It was a VERY, VERY WEIRD place. My kids were afraid to stay in their own rooms at night and we ended up moving our fairly quickly, thank God!
ChrissyMoon (1 stories) (8 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-04-23)
Valkri
So far nothing truely bad has happened but something did scare my two year old back in my room one day. She was in there checking out our gerbil and came flying out screaming and crying. She was pointing at the room trying to tell me something, so I asked her if the gerbil bit her. She said no so I told her to show me so she walked down the hall with me stop a foot away from my door screamed and hid behind my legs pointing.
valkricry (49 stories) (3267 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-04-23)
Chrissy,
Trust me, I really doubt anyone here will think you're 'trashy' for not being able to afford some gizzmo. Having said that, is the town where you're located very small? If so, you could try the local history museum/society. If anything notable happened in a trailer, they'd probably know. I'd probably go with a story that your just curious that with the age of the trailer if anything happened there, or any other interesting tidbits of information could be had. Local historians in small towns generally seem to know all kinds of stuff and are more than happy to impart this knowledge. If the owner of the trailer is approachable, you could even ask them if they know any history of the trailer. (Again, if your uncomfortable saying 'I think it's haunted', go with the being curious angle.) However, beyond "My cousin 5 times removed bought it in Va." they might not be very forthcoming with anything not good.
You mentioned your sister passed in a trailer's electrical fire, it's possible that she could be there watching over you. Hence the 'burning' smell. But just to be safe, you might want to get the wiring etc. Checked out.
I know, it's all very scary for you. But, I want you to take a deep breath and really THINK - has anything bad happened? Not 'unexplainable' but bad. Are your kids scared? Do these shadows do anything to make you frightened? Please understand, I'm not making light of your situation, I'm only hoping to help you see it might not be entirely bad.
Some things you could try besides (in addition to) Rook's method:
In a pinch you can burn the same sage used in cooking. Not as effective as smudge sticks, but it works.
A mixture of salt and water in a spray bottle used around openings or on items is a pretty good deterrent too.
ChrissyMoon (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-23)
Meyer
Thanks and I'll talk to him for sure. I will have to wait for the trip he's roughly an hour away.
ChrissyMoon (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-23)
Badjuujuu
I will give this a try definitely. My husband always has dragons blood for protection so I won't even have to buy it, just borrow it.
tdmeyer (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-23)
Thats terrifying, I agree with rookdygin if you can I would try to get some people from your religion that can do a cleansing/exorcist. Maybe that store can recommend some people? Or even ask if he knows someone that had an escalating problem like you and managed to get rid of the ghosts and ask if you can talk to them? I wish you luck.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-23)
I understand about being unable to move.
Mmkay, other options. While you're waiting for the sage sticks you can use a good cleansing incense like dragon's blood, sandalwood ain't bad either. I've done some cleansing with incense when I couldn't get sage. It doesn't pack quite the same punch, but sometimes you just have to improvise. Another thing I'd suggest since the activity is so intense is, and this could sound a tetch kooky, select a central area in your house to do a daily mini-cleanse. It doesn't have to be physically central, but an area that gets a lot of traffic. Burn a cleansing incense and/or a candle there every day. I usually use dragon's blood and white tealights for these mini-cleanses. It's more of a maintenance ritual really, kind of keeps the clean positive energy flowing between full cleanses.
After you've done a full cleanse, seal the house. You can either use salt at your windows and doors for a barrier, or take a dry erase marker and draw a protective symbol on your windows and doors. Whatever makes you feel safe and protected. Just put it too high for kids and cats... Cats seem to think the marks are bugs that need killing. I digress.
Your hubby may be skeptical now, but in time he could come around. If you don't feel safe in your bedroom, that worries me. It sucks to be that afraid in your own home. Keep sleeping on the couch with the little one until you get things sorted out.
You may be in for a long, uphill battle. Sometimes you never really win. There are some houses that are stubborn, mean, and don't want to give up. You have to be more stubborn and more determined. I know I'm not saying much that's cheerful, but I've lived in a mean house and want you to understand that this is a challenge. You can do this, but it's tough. Very, very tough.
Keep tight to your faith in your gods and the love of your family. Faith and love are your greatest weapons.
ChrissyMoon (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-23)
To everyone thank you for comments and suggestion I'm

Miricale
Unfortunately at the time we are currently stuck here. We really do want to move

Badjuujuu
I am talking with a guy by me that runs a spiritual store he is giving me can ritual, but unfortunately I have to wait for an order on more smudge sticks. He told me they sell out fast and it seems a lot of places around here have a problem. My husband has seen the footage but unfortunately he says there must be a logical explanation.

Rook
I hope this don't make me sound trashy, but I cannot afford an emf detector at the current time. But I am certain I know where it'd be worse because I am an empath (to both living and none livig) and let's just say I refuse to sleep in my room alone. Me and my two year old sleep on the coach. I get a real negative feeling back there it feels like something wants me in there to do harm and it's real heavy. As far as druids my husband is solitary and we know no one who lives around here. I also have been looking for history. I am afraid so far I found nothing. My fear is the trailers been moved.

Mace
I appreciate all your advice. I pray to Thor for protection every night. I truely believe he'll keep me safe if this keeps up. As for the dream catcher I honestly like the idea but my fear is and I am not trying to be rude just sharing, is an symbol only holds power for those who believe in it. With that being said though I will hang up symbols we believe in for protection.

P.s. To all
My sister died in an electrical house fire in a trailer if you guys think this could be at all important. I should have posted it in there but it was getting late when I submitted I wasn't completely thinking background.
Mace (3 stories) (15 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-23)
i would definitely suggest a cleansing of the trailer. I used Rooks and it worked well. What rook said about having a druid bless the house is a great idea.
Something that I do that seems to help is praying to whatever you believe in. I am not religious in the traditional sense. But each night I "pray" to keep only positive, loving energy around me, my family and my house. I also state that no negative energy or anything that wishes to harm/scare us is allowed in my house. I just repeat this in my head until I fall asleep.
I am native american and so I also have an authentic dream catcher with a native american cross in the middle of it as "protection" for my family, I hang it above the front door. To each their own, do whatever you feel is right for your beliefs.
These are of course just suggestions that have worked for me. But if you feel the activity is too intense I agree with bad juju "sometimes the fight isn't worth the effort"
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-23)
Trailers and Hauntings do seem to go together... I wonder...

Trailers have very thin walls covering all the wiring for the 'home' so it is not a shielded as a home that has a foundation. This could lead to High Levels of EMF which could cause a vareity of symtoms... Anything from headaches to skin rashes... Feelings of being watched...paranoia...nausa...halucnations.

I am not saying all your experiences are caused by EMF Sensitivity because high levels of EMF can also 'feed' spirit activity and you'd basicly have the same experiences.

So EMF Sensitvity needs to be ruled out... You should also check the home for the 'EMF' hotspots... The areas in the home where it is highest and see if that is where the greatest activity is. A Journal will help do this. Research the home... Being from the 1960's its got a history you just need to find it. Compare the History to your current Journal entries and see if anything 'connects' in some way.

Your Husband is a Celt? Good for him... Appeal to that and ask that a druid come in to Bless your Home. I also have a Home Cleansing and Shielding Method posted on my profile, feel free to use it.

I vote YES PLEASE... If you can... PLEASE Post the picture (s) and EVP.

Thanks for sharing, ask any questions you may have and please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-23)
Well, Chrissy, you've got me not knowing what to say.
Normally, I'd tell you about empowerment through claiming your space, learning a cleansing, being proactive, not allowing entities to frighten you in your own home, and those are all valid things. I highly suggest learning a cleansing method, it will serve your family well wherever you hang your hat, but somehow none of my usual advice seems adequate here.
You've only been there for 2 months? It seems that the activity is escalating fairly quickly. If you've not shown your husband the footage on your phone, I highly suggest making him take a look. Skeptic or not, that's hard evidence and should give him pause.
As much as I want to hug you and applaud you for wanting to conquer your fears, accepting the presence of entities that make you this uncomfortable is not the way to go about it. This particular house might be a bit much with regards to getting your feet wet.
In all honesty, I would be tempted to look for a new place if its at all possible. If there is just no possible way for you guys to find a more welcoming place to live, we'll be here to try to offer advice.
It just sounds like yall have found yourselves in a very challenging situation, possibly too challenging for you right now. If necessary that you stay, I'm sure that given time you will conquer your fears and give that house the fight it's looking for. But, and I don't say this lightly, sometimes the fight isn't worth the effort.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-04-23)
Well, should have proofed more than once it seems. "Do you know... Land it sits on..." not own. Sheesh.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-23)
ChrissyMoon - I've struggled with what I want to say because your story truly bothers me. This is all I can come up with so forgive me if it sounds choppy.

Do you know anything about the trailer, the land it sits own, previous owners/renters? I seriously would start there, if you don't. See if you can find anything to give you some sort of explanation for what you are experiencing.

Trailers, in my opinion, are conductors for the paranormal. I currently own one and have lived in many others, each having their own brand of activity. This probably isn't the cause of the activity you and your kids are experiencing, but I think it may be adding to it.

I don't know what your situation is, financial wise. But if this was my life and I financially could do it, I'd find someplace else to live 😢

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: