You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Scary Hostel Incidents

Real Ghost Stories

Scary Hostel Incidents

 

These things happened with me during my stay in Kota for last 2 years.

Kota is very famous for large number of coaching institutes and every year, lakhs of students come to Kota to fulfill their dreams.

It was month of September (2013). I heard a group of girls talking about crying voices and shrieks at night after 1am. I ignored this and thought it must be rumors and these girls have nothing much to do. I usually go to my bed at 11:oo pm and had no idea of the noises

They were talking about.

One night when mom was with me in hostel due to my sickness, I had to go to hospital and wasted a lot of time. So to compensate, I studied until 12:30 at night. I and my mom slept after 1:00 am. After 15 minutes of our going to bed, we heard horrible shrieks from outside as if someone crying in pain. It was like someone is tortured or badly injured. Then I remembered that so called "rumors" about those shrieks. I was quite frightened but happy that my mom was with me that night. She too was alarmed by the voices but told me to sleep and ignore it. Later on I convinced myself that some human is only responsible for this as many other hostels were near my hostel and it is possible that someone there shrieks to scare girls. Many girls complained to warden but nothing happened.

Not only this but many more things happened in my room. At late night one can easily hear sounds of dribbling like those while playing basketball in my balcony. At first I thought it was AC making noises so I stopped it. But the sounds of dribble didn't stop. The balcony from which the sounds came was common to me and my friend next to me. I asked her if she heard those voices but she said she didn't.

Another thing happened with me. I usually switch off my mobile before going to sleep and that night too I remember I had switched it off. At late night, I don't know why it rang for sometime but I was too lazy to recieve it. The next morning I was shocked to see my mobile phone switched off.

After a year of stay in that hostel I went to PG. (not because of incidents that took place... The room was very small...)

Whenever I closed the lights and go to the bed I'd always hear voices like- someone wearing my slippers and walking in my room but it didn't scared me and I took that lightly.

My room is on the second floor of PG and it is middle one between the other 2 rooms. The rooms are very close and one can easily hear if someone is talking or making noises in their rooms. On the roof of the house is terrace which is not too strong and if anyone is playing or running on it, the sounds can easily be heard in second floor rooms.

One day while studying at night I heard someone tapping nail inside wall. It was coming from the roof. I thought maybe some work is going on on the terrace. The loudness of sound was continuously increasing and I got disturbed and went to the rooftop to request them to please reduce the noises they are making. When I went there I saw no one and maybe the workers have gone. Back to my room I sat on the chair to study and the noises began again. I was shocked.

Diwali vacations were about to come. My mom and my sister came to recieve me. As usual I and my sister were fighting. She was sitting near the window from which we can easily see the balcony of the girl next to me. While we were fighting I saw a black shadowy man came inside balcony and sat on the floor near my window. I ignored him and continued arguing with my sister. I thought maybe the girl's dad has come to pick her.

When we came outside I saw lock on her door and remembered that she had gone a day before me. I remember he was a tall fat man with shadowy features and body. But I decided not to tell her when she comes as she would get scared and the owner may scold me. Moreover vacations were important to me and I didn't pay much attention to it...

One night was terrible for me. I still remember I was scared to death that night. I went to bed as usual around 11:00 pm and was fast asleep after a couple of minutes. I don't know why but after an hour or later I woke up and tried to sleep again.

As I was about to sleep someone pulled my blanket and I heard someone breathing heavily at corner of the bed. I removed the blanket to see who it was but I saw nothing but air and darkness. The breathing sounds continued and I was so scared that instead of running outside I covered myself with blanket and pillow on my face. After a few seconds I was covered with sweat and I could hear my heartbeats. The voices were gone now and I somehow slept. I told this to my mom but she said those might have been my imaginations.

Somehow I stayed there and I am happy now that those 2 years have now ended.

Other hauntings by shiz98

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shiz98, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ShilRoy13 (10 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-03)
It is too strange that you experienced haunted events even after changing the hostel.
See its very obvious that staying alone in a hostel or PG specially at night can scare you out of wits.
For the shrieks, you yourself say that some human is only responsible. I've no idea about the dribbling sounds. But it is quite possible that the ringing of your mobile phone is your imagination. Many times I feel my mobile ringing in daytime when it is not.
The tapping sounds of nail may be coming from nearby construction place (ghosts are afraid of nails, how can they tap inside walls! 😜).
Breathing sounds can be a result of sleep paralysis or it was just a dream.
shiz98 (5 stories) (28 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-02)
[at] PagalLadka the hostel is in Mahaveer Nagar near city mall kota
PagalLadka (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-02)
Hey shiz... Can you tell me the area on which your hostel is situated in which you used to live. I may know it as I lived in Kota for a year.
shiz98 (5 stories) (28 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-05-02)
[at] sushantkar no sort of ghost or negative energy can harm us if we are positive and believe in god. When I experience such things I always remember my parents and god which gives me power to face such things.
shiz98 (5 stories) (28 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-02)
Hello Shady, I am sorry I can't tell you the name of the hostel as nearly 100-150 girls live in that hostel and this story can be read by anyone. It may create unneccessary panic among girls those who live in the hostel right now.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-01)
Hello shiz98! Thanks For the reply. It was indeed quite creepy that haunted events are still occurring there. I hope that to whoever is living there, may god keep them safe.

Regards
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
-2
9 years ago (2015-04-30)
Hello. Can you please tell me which hostel in Kota exactly? Not the PG as that might get too personal, just the hostel name. I'm asking because I have a part of my family living there. I hope you don't mind. Thank you.
-Shady.
shiz98 (5 stories) (28 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-29)
Hi sushantkar! Here are the answers-

1. No, I have mentioned in my story that I changed to PG after a year's stay in hostel.

2. No, the owner of my room is very short tempered and even if we try to ask her she won't tell us.

3. Shrieks can be prank by boys of boys hostel near our hostel but dribbling sound can't be a prank as one day I looked outside the window through which we can see balcony but there was no one playing basketball... Still the sound was coming. 😕
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-28)
Hello shiz98! Few questions I would like to put:

1. Did you too stayed in the same hostel?

2. Have you quire/investigate the history about the room in which you were staying of that hostel?

3.The shrieks, the dribbling sound of basket ball playing; possibility of well executed prank?

There are so many wired things you have experienced, I to believe that something was happened there.

Please do update us.

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: