You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Midnight Corporate Meetings

Real Ghost Stories

Midnight Corporate Meetings

 

This is another of my father's stories. It was during the initial days of his career, his first job perhaps. He worked in a jute mill company which was of British origin. It was built during the British occupation of India. In this company they had an annual management meeting which was held around midnight. I guess it was kept at midnight considering the convenience of officers in different parts of the world. I do not remember the exact reason of that timing though.

So that day was my dad's first meeting with the company. Their office was of course located inside an old building from the British era, but it was renovated with modern day equipment and interiors. Just before the meeting started he decided to use the washroom. They had these automatic motion sensor sliding doors which led to different parts of the building. On the way to the washroom, there were two. If you cross one, you can see the next door down the corridor. After crossing that one will reach right in front of the washroom. The washroom had the design of a typical commercial washroom with smaller washrooms inside one big hall with washbasin.

As my dad reached the first doorway he saw this tall man walking in front of him. He appeared British. The door opened and closed and the man walked in and was out of my dad's sight. When dad crossed the first door, he couldn't see the man anymore. He thought to himself that the man must have crossed the other doorway too. But for that the man had to walk real fast. It seemed weird but he didn't think much at the moment. As he crossed the second doorway and entered the bathroom he could hear someone using one of the washrooms, and realized that the man he saw must be in one, because there was absolutely nowhere else he could have gone. After my dad was done using the washroom he, just out of curiosity, waited for the man to come out of the washroom. But a long time passed, and the sounds had stopped. My dad had this very strange feeling and decided to push the door of the washroom. Of course, you guessed it right, there was nobody inside.

Super scared and sweating my dad raced back to where the rest of his colleagues were. He was visibly shaken. He found his colleagues mysteriously smiling seeing his condition. They asked him, "You saw something didn't you?" When my dad narrated his experience his colleagues said that it was very common to see that man around on meeting days. In fact he has been identified as the first owner of the company, after whom the company was named. He was only seen on annual meeting days.

Guess he couldn't keep away from hearing the updates and status of the company he founded!

Other hauntings by skepticsu

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, skepticsu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SilenceRecited (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-24)
😁 I really enjoyed this tale. It is quite scary, and adorable at the same time when you consider how loyal the ghost was to the company. He really thought fondly of his old job. Thank you for sharing.
skepticsu (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-05)
Thanks for reading everyone! No personal experience, so cannot decide what could have caused his ghostly walk to the washroom:). Maybe he just lost his way in the new interiors;).
Sheetal - He was a founded member it seems. Maybe he wanted to see his life's work progressing and advancing:D.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-04)
Hello skepticsu! That was scary. May be the man which your father had seen in that washroom had died there. Before renovation, there would have occurred something definitely wrong with that man.
Thanks for sharing with us. Full marks to your lively narration.

Regards
ShilRoy13 (10 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-05-03)
Nice story, but I don't think a ghost need to use washroom... Lol 😜
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-05-02)
I really loved the narration. Well, I guess it's a good thing to have a responsible and dedicated spirit around. I wonder if that building still exists and if it does, I wonder if the spirit still hangs around. I can't wait to read more from you. Thank you so much. (:
-Shady.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-02)
hi, skepticsu nicely written I am shocked that a entity can be take so much care about his company... 😕
skepticsu (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-02)
Thanks everyone for reading my story and the comments!

Yes, I agree, dad must have been sensitive. I will submit some more of his experiences soon.

Tweed - I know, its really interesting how frequently washrooms appear in stories like this. And this was not a haunting specific to the washroom only, but still involved one!

If I ever have an experience I would certainly want something like this:D. This seems plain as day, harmless and involves so much history as well as emotion.

Hecate0 - It seems that his colleagues were really accustomed to this experience and overlooked the fact that dad was new to the place.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-01)
Skepticsu, nicely told story. I felt like I was right along side with your dad walking along corridors etc.

I'm fascinated by the detail of the washroom. Other stories on here have included ghosts interacting with toilets and hanging out in bathrooms. I wonder what the connection is, or even if there is one.
Nice of him to show up for meetings still! 😊
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-01)
Hello:

I think it's ALWAYS fascinating to hear of "appearances" made by those on the other side still interested in the goings on in this side of life.
Nice story, thank you for sharing it.

Warm Regards,
Lynev
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-01)
Skepticsu, it does sound like your father was very open. But so were his colleagues. Funny that they didn't warn him. Lol

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: