You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Seeing And Feeling My Grandad With Me

Real Ghost Stories

Seeing And Feeling My Grandad With Me

 

I'm not sure what to do. I have never written on any blogs like this and before now never had any interest in this subject/arena. I just don't know who to talk to to get serious advice. So this may sound strange but recently I have been seeing my grandad at home! Not in an obvious "standing in front of me" way. More like in my peripheral vision.

A few days ago I was at home, on my own, it was raining (not unusual for the UK) and pretty dingy outside. I had the TV on but not very loud and was eating a shepards pie which is my grandads favourite. I left my phone in my room so stopped eating dinner and went into my room to get my phone, leaving my dinner in the living room with the TV on. As I passed the kitchen, which I need to pass on the way to my room, I saw out the corner of my eye my grandad. This is not something I imagined, I know I saw him! This has happened more than once and I am sure this is not my imagination. He also has a very unique smell and every now and then I can smell him, like he is sat right next to me. It's hard to describe but it is like he is really sat next to me. Is this normal? Also what does he want with me?

I don't understand if there is something I need to do or something I need to stop doing? Is there anyone who I need to speak to in order to resolve this? Not that I don't love my grandad, of course I do, I just want to live in peace at home. I know this sounds a bit selfish of me but I just want to feel comfortable in my own home. How can I get rid of him? I feel terrible saying this!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Anonymous84, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-05-12)
Hey, come on, it's your grandfather, he is not going to hurt your do any harm, and it's okay to be scared of seeing him (knowing that he is dead), but you don't need to be scared of HIM. I bet that if your grandfather knew (maybe he does know) you want to get rid of him, he would feel very hurt. He is there for a reason, and that reason is not to haunt you nor is it because he wants something (I pretty sure) he is most likely there because he cares about you and he is protecting you. If it helps you could try asking him not to manifest because it scares you. 😕
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-05-12)
Hello:

Golly, I would be ABSOLUTELY delighted if my deceased grandfather appeared or communicated in any way. But I know that not everyone is comfortable with the other side interacting. Mine was a champion bird trainer, so I like to think that the same bird that visits BOTH my father and I with the same unusual behaviors is my grandpa showing me that he is still doing what he did best here on the other side and using it as a tool to show us that he loves us and is here to help however he can. It probably takes an enormous amount of energy to accomplish anything from one side to another.
If he is making the effort, there may be something your grandfather wants to communicate. He might want you to tell your family that he's still around to guide & comfort you and that love does not die with the body. Perhaps whichever of your parents is his child is suffering more than you know and it might help, even if they are not seemingly open to the idea.
Spirits usually come through to whoever is the easiest.
I fully agree with the others. If seeing him is too much, then kindly say so with the same respect as if he were alive and right in front of you. Think of him as your guardian angel. He obviously still cares very much if he is putting forth such effort in order to make contact.

Blessings,
Lynev
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-05-11)
Anon84:

BadJuuJuu's initial question is a very good one; for the sake of clarity, some people are capable of bilocation (body and spirit in 2 places at the same time) without knowing it. It's a bit like the spirit goes sleepwalking while the body gets a good night's rest.

Presuming that your grandfather is deceased, there is the possibility that he's not aware of this fact; if his death was sudden (heart attack) or very peaceful (in his sleep), he may just be pottering about the house under the impression that nothing has changed.

I'm going to agree with BJJ's advice, but add a caveat; please begin any conversation with him by asking if he knows what happened and break the news gently that he passed away, when, and how. If you're ok with his being in the kitchen and dining room, for example, but not in the living room, bedroom, or bathroom, perhaps you could accommodate him for three months through the summer, so he can become adjusted to his new state of being. Honestly, some people are naturally preoccupied; if your grandfather was always a little absent-minded or distracted, he may not have noticed the stereotypical "tunnel of light" or whatever it is that happens because his mind was already on something else.

If he's there because he lived with you, or you with him, then it may take him some time to get used to the idea of letting go & moving on. On the other hand, if he simply was a regular visitor to your home, tell him that he may always pop back for a visit, provided he follows the rules about boundaries.

Coping with loss is always traumatic; having the loved one lingering in and around your home, giving you unpleasant surprises will simply make the situation harder. You may need to act a little like a therapist to your grandfather as he prepares for his spiritual journey, but it may be a way for both of you to part on peaceable terms.

Take care of yourself and of your grandfather, Anon84.

Best of luck with your conversations.
-Biblio.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-10)
Mystical, this is NOT a conspiracy website. If you want a conspiracy website, go find yourself one. Your comments will be deleted if you carry on in this manner.
I would really like to encourage you to find a different forum, one more in line with your outlook.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
9 years ago (2015-05-09)
Ok, I'm going to ask what may seem like a stupid question, but...
Is your grandfather deceased? It's not exactly clear from the information given in your story.
I don't think it's selfish at all to want to feel comfortable in your own home, and I don't think it sounds terrible that you want to have your house to yourself. Not everyone is ok sharing their homes with noncorporeal presences, and that's fine. It's your home, it's your right to have it to yourself.
My suggestion for a first step (and it could be the only step required) is to just talk to him. Let him know that you are aware of his presence, tell him gently but firmly that he's making you uncomfortable and you'd appreciate very much if he would leave you alone in your house, that the level of interaction is just too much for you. Honestly, its ok to be uncomfortable with the paranormal and you have no reason to feel guilty.
Hopefully, just a simple explanation of your feelings will be enough to make him say, "oh, I didn't mean to freak you out, I'll go." Most relatives don't like the idea of frightening us, so I think just talking to him should work. Once he realizes the situation, he may go his own way, or find a less startling means of communication if he really needs to tell you something.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: