You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Presences

Real Ghost Stories

Presences

 

This happened when I was around 18 months old, I think of it as my earliest memory. One night I was asleep in my cot, mind you at this age I was a single child, sometime during the night I was awoken. I don't know how or when but it was pitch black.

I happened to be looking in the doorway or what I thought was the doorway. I saw what appeared to be two ebbing lights in the doorway one was red on the right and the other was green. No bigger than a household torch. They stayed there for I don't know how long but has always stuck in my head. That is why I have not let the fact of it being a dream get in my way. I have never really believed in the supernatural but this and the next story make me question it.

This happens to me almost every night while I am lying awake in bed. It does not scare me but I feel intrigued as to what it is. A message perhaps? A long lost relative looking over me? When I lie awake, I look to my doorway an scrunch my eyes shut, what happens next happens to everyone. You are left with outlines purple or blue in colour. As I look into my doorway and do this I am left with the impression of a woman looking at me. I don't know what it is but sometimes in the middle of the night I wake up and get hallucinations of this woman in my peripheral vision.

I have been reading up about the figures in peripheral vision, but the red and green lights in my doorway have not shown me anything. Mind you, I have not experienced that sight since, but the thing that it is stuck in my head makes me wonder.

Anyone have any ideas what I am experiencing?

And for that matter if I should watch out.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cloudre, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Cloudre (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-27)
Thanks a lot [at] ahmedhasan and [at] sushankar I am glad you got back to me.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-10)
Hello Cloudre! A term is there which is pretty close or similar to your case. It is called or known as visual static. It is a transitory or persisting visual symptom where people see such lights. The severity or density of the such lights differs from one person to the next.

Seeing Red and Green colored orbs in spiritual world:
A red colored orb is a sign that an entity has assumed the role of a protector. This could be someone who was charged in life to keep watch or be a caretaker.

Green orbs are sometimes thought to be an indication of the presence of a human spirit, as opposed to one that was never on Earth in human form. Likewise, green orbs may represent love or oneness with nature.

Regards
AhmedHasan (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-10)
Ah! Well, this is something mysterious. And I also couldn't understand what is actually that and it is very unique.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: