You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: And The Haunting Continues

Real Ghost Stories

And The Haunting Continues

 

I just published a story on here, not that long ago, and it's rather ironic, because in that story I was saying how all the activity had ceased, and, right after I wrote that, it picked up again! It's insane, how it happened like that. Then again, I did write in my other story that the activity here has a tendency to come and go. However, as nothing had happened for more than a year, I really believed- or wanted to believe- that it was over.

I also felt my dad was here, watching over me. I could feel his presence here. My dad, I did not mind being here. In fact, I wanted him to be here because it made me feel more at peace knowing that he wasn't gone... Knowing that he was still here with me made me feel safer and put my mind at ease. My dad passed on April 29th of last year. I feel, however, that he isn't here anymore. I don't know, really, how to explain it, but I just don't feel him here anymore. I think he's passed into the light and gone on.

While, yes, I suppose that's actually a good thing, it also makes me sad. My dad and I were always very close. My mom and I had a very rocky mother- daughter relationship, and we still do, but I'd always been close with my dad. My mom moved out of state recently, and took my dad's ashes with her. I felt, though, that my dad was still close and I would talk to him sometimes. I knew he could hear me.

I had a really sad dream, one time, that I was walking around my house and my dad was there. I saw him. He kept on saying "I'm right here! I haven't gone anywhere. I'm right here!" I woke up and I heard talking, coming from in my kitchen where our answering machine is. I first assumed that somebody was calling and leaving us a message, so I ran into the kitchen to see who it was. Only, when I checked the answering machine, NO ONE had called and we had no new messages. But I know I heard a voice. It was quite loud, even though I wasn't able to make out exactly what it was saying. I believe that was my dad. Just like in my dream, he was letting me know he was still there.

Recently, though, I've felt sad and alone, because I can't feel my dad here anymore. And, yet again, just like before, strange stuff is happening.

First off, I'll begin with the most recent thing. I was laying in bed, late last night, and I heard MY voice say "What?!" It was MY exact voice. I know what my voice sounds like, and it was my voice that I heard. I was laying down, staring at the wall, not able to sleep. Anton, my soon- to- be hubby, was next to me, but his voice is a lot deeper than mine, so it definitely wasn't his voice that I heard. No one was outside, either. I checked. But I knew it hadn't come from outside, anyways. I just checked to be cautious, but I heard that voice- my voice- as clear as day, come from right next to my bed.

We used to have a roommate, a nice guy named Marcus, who just moved out about a few weeks ago. I was sitting at my desk, writing, a few days ago, when I heard what sounded like Marcus going in his bedroom and closing the door. (The room that was Marcus's is right next to Anton and I's bedroom. You can always hear it when someone goes in or out of that room.) So, at first I thought nothing of it, and then I remembered, 'Oh wait, Marcus doesn't LIVE here anymore!' Then I assumed it might be Anton, so I went to see what he was up to. I called out "Anton?" Then I remembered that he'd left to go hang out with his friends. And, of course, when I checked, no one was in Marcus's old room, the lights were off and the door was still open, even though I'd heard it shut!

THEN, our friend Curtis was over, and I was in the back bedroom- that used to be my dad and mom's room- and Anton was there, too, and we were cleaning out one of the dressers in there that was still full of my mom's old junk. Curtis goes rushing in there, looking really scared. He says "Dude, I swear to god I just saw a ghost!" He said he thought, at first, that it was ME. He saw brown hair, and it was in a bun, like I always wear mine in. He said whoever it was had been wearing a white tank top, like I'd had on that day. He says "Hey Angel, what's up?" No answer. 'I' just kept walking and ignored him. Then 'I' went in Marcus's old room and shut the door behind me. So Curtis opens the door, kind of mad that I was ignoring him, only to find I'm not in there. It's empty. Then he hears me in the back, yelling at Anton about something.

So, then, I'll be honest, at first I thought he was lying, because Curtis is kind of prone to lying and exaggerating, and he likes to tell stories. Plus, I thought that if there was a ghost here I would sense SOMETHING. I did when my dad was around. I did when there were other spirits here. I could always sense SOMETHING. I don't know, I suppose my sensor's off or something! But, I said "Okay, if something or someone's here, can you show yourself, so I know you're really here?" Nothing. You could have heard a pin drop. I'm thinking Curtis is full of crap and making up stories again. So, later, I'm in my room and I'm laying down, reading a book, when I hear clapping. Literally, it was right next to my head, like someone was standing next to me as I was laying down, clapping!

And then, not long after that happened, me and Anton got in a big fight over some stupid thing, and I stormed out. I came back, a few hours later, and Anton shows me his back. He's literally got scratch marks on him, all the way down his back, on the left side. It wasn't bleeding or anything. Just red, and it looked, definitely, like human hands did it. You could even see the 4 lines, like someone used their fingers and raked them down his back. (He wasn't wearing a shirt.) He swore he didn't do it. He said it happened after I left. He thought he had heard me say something and assumed I'd come back. He went in the room to talk to me and then he got scratched. I don't really know what to believe, as I wasn't there when it happened.

It's just bizarre, because he USED to get things thrown at him all the time whenever he and I would fight. That was years ago, though. Nothing like that has happened in so long. I thought all that was over. It's just so strange that it's starting up again. I thought my dad was here, keeping me and Anton safe, but it seems like he's gone now.

I saw some strange black cloud, like a shadow almost, in my peripheral vision the other day, too, and when I looked at it, it disappeared. Then I heard a weird, popping kind of sound. My house does make noises, from time to time, as it's over 40 years old. But this was weird and I can't really describe it. It sounded sort of like the sound effects you hear in old cartoons. It didn't sound real. It was like a sound effect type of noise. It was definitely not a house- settling type of noise. I've lived in this house my whole life, and I know all the different sounds that it makes.

Then, recently, Dallas, who's a friend of me and Anton's, was here, and Anton was telling Dallas all about the scratching incident, and I said "I don't know, I'm still not entirely convinced." RIGHT after those words left my mouth, me, Dallas, and Anton ALL heard what sounded like a chair being dragged across the living room, but when we checked, all of the chairs were still exactly where they'd been. None of them had even moved. Then poor Dallas basically said "F*** this, I'm out," and she left!

I hear talking a lot and I think it's the T.V., because it's coming from the living room where the T.V.'s at... Only, when I go check, the T.V.'s always off, and no one's home but me. Anton has a new job, so he's gone more, now. Then, other times, like yesterday, I will leave the television on, and I'll keep the volume down low, only to have it mysteriously turn up louder all by itself!

It's all been so bizarre, and it's not like what I used to experience in this house, which was mainly residual stuff. This time it's different. I don't understand, first of all, why my dad's spirit doesn't seem to be here anymore. Why'd he leave? Especially if he was all that was protecting us from whatever is happening now, why would he just up and abandon us?! It doesn't seem right. It's really sad, too, because now my dad is really, truly gone. I miss him so much.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Angeli, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-14)
Angeli, yes it is a good thing he moved on, I understand how your sad about this. Even though he's not there anymore, just try talking to him (he'll hear you no matter what if your talking to him even if his presence isn't in the house) tell him he can come back and visit anytime.
No offense to you or your mother for this matter, but I think it is selfish of her to just take his ashes away with HER.
After reading most of your story I thought maybe what your freind saw was your doppleganger, and perhaps the voice you heard also.
I've no clue how to explain the t.v. Thing.

P.s. I just thought: maybe your dad went to visit your mom?
😕
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-13)
Oh it seems we posted at around the same time, had I read your other post when I wrote my other post I would have added:
I LOVE when people gush about their partners! Really love it! So many people take their spouses for granted I think, it rather annoys me.
It's a treasure to have a relationship the two of you can be your true selves in.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-13)
Angeli, I have times when I'm stressed and find it extremely difficult to do a proper job of a cleansing. When it happens I just sort of go 'right ok, not today but tomorrow' and that attitude in itself relaxes me, like it takes the pressure off. Which is important.
That's pretty cool how Anton felt your bump, or not so cool depending how you look at it! My Mum's an empath and it can stress her out at times. But she wouldn't trade it for the world. A friend of mine is also an empath and she too wouldn't trade it, regardless of the stress it sometimes gives her. One thing I've noticed with empaths is you all tend to take on the weight of the world! Which is understandable but also not necessary. We all have our own stuff to take care of without the responsibility of everyone else, which isn't your responsibility anyway. 😉
I guess, because of your shared chin bump, now you have more evidence to support the possibility you caused those scratches too.
This is pretty exciting, and scary, but exciting as you can hone these skills over time. (when you're not stressed!) Sounds like you're on the cusp of a new phase of self discovery. Wow, how corny do I sound right about now? Very.
Well, you know what I mean.
Angeli (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-13)
Oh and thanks, Tweed! I do try, but I'm just strong because, lucky for me, I have a lot of really great people in my life, who support me no matter what, even when I'm a total pain! My dad was a great guy, and it breaks my heart that he's gone, but, then again, I know he'll always watch over and protect me. So, I guess, in a way he'll never really be 'gone'. Anton, too, has been so great. Seriously, since dating me, he's gone through SO much craziness, and STILL he sticks around! He must really, really love me! I mean, wow. The guy's gotten thrown out of bed, hit, scratched, had things thrown at him- and he hasn't gone running for the hills, yet. Holy cow. That must mean it's really meant to be! He is a great guy. He's got a heart of gold. I'm so lucky that I've got great people, like him, in my life.
Angeli (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-13)
Hey, my computer is now fixed, thank goodness! Anyways, yes, Rookdygin, I agree with your theory. I think it might've been some kind of psychokinetic thing, too. Yes, I do have people in my family that are psychic. It kind of runs in the family, on my mom's side, actually. It's weird because, like, I've always been able to feel what people are feeling, and that's why I've been told I'm an empath. I can sense people's emotions and their intentions, like, if they're good or bad. I can do it with living people and with spirits! Like, when I'm around a negative energy- either of a ghost or a regular, living person- it makes me feel physically sick. Seriously. I love to be around good, happy people. That makes me feel good. Like, my cousin, Sera. She's always such a happy person! And thanks, Tweed. I helped my cousin 'cause it's just the right thing to do, and I know what she's going through, because I've been there myself. But, back to what I was saying, it's just weird because, not only can I sense what other people are feeling, but, somehow, it's like I can- without actually MEANING to!- sort of force what I'M feeling onto other people! I don't really know how to explain it right, because it's just weird, but- basically- for example, yesterday, I really hurt myself: I fell and busted up my chin. Any deeper and I would've needed stitches! And Anton was at his grandpa's house and he didn't even know what'd happened, 'cause I couldn't get ahold of him to tell him, and then he came home, and before I even told him what'd happened, he goes 'You know what's really weird and crazy? I was at my grandpa's, and I was in the bathroom, and I felt like someone hit me really hard in the chin- but I was by myself!' He even had a red mark on his chin. Like, I'd somehow projected what I was feeling to him or something! So friggin' crazy! I literally have no explanation for that. I have a few different theories, about all this, but none of them entirely make sense, so, I don't know. I'm just back at square 1! It's just kind of exhausting, you know? And, since I wrote this, other stuff has been happening, and it's just getting worse it seems. I don't know what to think. It's just so crazy! And I tried to do a cleansing, but it didn't really work out. That was probably my fault, though, because I was stressed at the time, and I couldn't clear my head and really focus on it. It worked perfectly for my cousin, though! I will try again, and this time do whatever I have to to relax and focus on what I'm doing, and let no stress or negativity in.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-12)
Angeli, I'm so sorry for your loss and everything piling on top of you like that. My god what a tremendous strain you've been under. You're obviously a very strong individual to be able to string a sentence together, a lot of people couldn't. Your dad has done a top job in raising you.
I'm glad you have a good man at your side to share this with. Such a beautiful thing he said and very true I agree. Allow yourself the opportunity to do whatever feels natural to you to get through this time in your lives. Whether it's scream, punch a pillow, cry, laugh, whatever. You don't have to hold it together all the time, it's perfectly fine to let yourself experience weakness when you need to. This goes for your man too.
Don't worry about rushing here to reply, unless you feel you need to. Would love to hear how you're doing, but there's no rush.
Take care of each other.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-12)
Denise, don't put your experiences on other people's stories. It's considered rude and it's against the guidelines, so I've deleted your comment. You can submit your experience as a story, and if it meets guidelines (please read and follow them) we will publish it.
Guys, please don't reply to comments like Denise's. Yall know those comments aren't going to be up long. 😉
Angeli (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-11)
Hi everyone. Thank you all for your comments and advice, and I'm so sorry it has taken me so long to get back to everyone. My computer is being repaired. I got a bad virus on it! Right now I'm borrowing a neighbor's laptop. It is comforting to think that my dad can come back at any time, to watch over me. This has just been a really stressful couple of months, and I've really been under tremendous pressure. I've also been depressed and dealing with a lot of different emotions, which I definitely think has something to do with my experiences. I should have probably added, on top of dealing with the 1 year anniversary of my dad's death, and a good friend of mine being hospitalized for trying to kill himself, I also recently had a miscarriage. I was 12 weeks pregnant. Anton and me were both very sad about that as we had both wanted a baby. So YEAH... Needless to say, it was a VERY stressful month! Anton said that maybe my dad had gone to bring our baby to Heaven, and then he'd be back. That made me cry, a lot! I miss my dad so much. Also, LoveOfAbundance, it sounded like my own voice, as though I were standing right beside myself, talking. So, I will be back on whenever my computer gets fixed, or I can borrow one again! I do think that dream was my dad's way of trying to snap me out of my funk. My dad and me were always close. He was my best friend, and the best dad that anybody could ever wish for. So I believe what Anton said.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-11)
Angeli,

The other day I forgot to address the weird popping sound you heard after seeing that shadowy image. These kinds of sounds are reported time and time again by people either directly before or after seeing/feeling/hearing something unexplainable. As you know the house well, and the sounds it makes, I feel this noise was connected to what you saw.

As you're an empath it's pretty possible Rook's onto something about those scratches too. Definitely something to take note of for future reference.

Thanks Rook, I understand and believe in the concept of crossing over and ghosts who are stuck with unfinished business. With my first comment I was expressing the concept of 'crossing back' at will. Which I also believe to be true.
I brought up not being religious for context in case the concept of 'crossing back' wasn't part of Angeli's beliefs. (I'm pretty blonde when it comes to all things religion)
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-10)
Deathly, if you choose to answer, please answer on one of rook's stories. This page really should stay on topic.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-10)
I felt Tweed was 'on the money' with the comment they left... But now enter a new player... One with 'dire' warnings...

Welcome (I think) to YGS deathlyinfliction... You state you are a clairsentient and I find this intersting, but which 'kind' are you? I asK because in my reasearch and studies there are different types or maybe strengths of this Psychic ability. So which are you?

I also want to take a moment and address something Tweed stated concerning the crossing over... Going into the light... Call it what you will.

My opinion is this... Human Spirits... What we call ghosts can be 'Earth Bound' which basicly means something is holding them on 'this side' of the veil... Weathet its unfinished busniess, something they are connected to or even a loved ones emotional state over losing them. These spirits can not 'move on' because something is preventing them from crossing over. Having said that... Once a human spirit HAS crossed over they can return 'at will' to watch over loved ones... Provide a warning...protect...however they are even 'harder' for us here is the physical realm to precieve (sp?) because 'crossing over' changes their 'energy'...'frequency'...'energy' call it what you will.

Angeli,

The scraches Anton got the day you had a fight 'may' have been your Father 'backing you up' but my GUT FEELING' is that this was a psycokentic outburst from you becasue you were so angry (is anybody in your family 'gifted', Psychic, Empathic, ect?)...Please trust your Gut feelings concerning any 'other worldly' visits because no matter how hard something malicious or evil tries to make us believe its something else it CAN NOT ever change the way its energy makes people feel 'deep down inside'.

And for the record mimics 'CAN' be demonic entities but they can also be just mischivious pranksters, mimicry (sp?) is not LIMITED to the demonic.

Ok I think that about covers it for now. Angeli PLEASE ask any questions you may have and please keep us updated.
deathlyinfliction (guest)
-1
9 years ago (2015-05-10)
Hello there! My name is Zoran. I live in Southern California and I am a clairsentient. I have many experiences with these entities and the paranormal. Angeli what is in your house is NOT your father. From what you just said, I'm not sure if he was ever even there. You have a mimic. Mimics are demonic entities and will stop at nothing to make your life difficult and painful. They are capable of taking on the shape or voice of anything alive or dead. The scratches on your partner are what concerns me the most. This is a violent act and they will continue to get worse. I would suggest getting the house blessed before things get worse.
If you have any questions about any of this I am more than willing to help you.
-Zoran
LoveOfAbundance (2 stories) (27 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-09)
I have a question for the OP. When you say you heard your voice, how did it sound? Did it sound like you hear your own voice when speaking aloud? Or, did it sound like your voice actually sounds, such as when you hear a recording of it? The reason I ask is because we hear our own voices as being deeper than they actually are because they reverberate through our bodies. I am very curious about this. Thank you.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-09)
Hello Angeli,

Firstly sorry to hear about your dad, I can feel your love for him and your bond bounce off the screen.

Of all people a Judge Judy quote sprang to mind while reading your story which is:
'If it doesn't make sense, it isn't true'.
I think this quote holds true for your dad. I don't think he's left you at all. The dream you had, I strongly feel, was him telling you point blank "I'm here!" I think he always will be there with you.
So I'm wondering if all this nonsense which is happening around your house is encouraging you to feel isolated.

This, AND your natural grieving process. You are very likely going through an acceptance phase, or other phase which is naturally making you feel this way. Therefore, unfortunately, making you believe he's no longer with you.

I'm not a religious person and never have been so terms like 'going to the light', 'passed over', 'moved on to another place', 'crossed over' don't resonate with me. Just to put my next thoughts into context.
I believe that once someone has 'crossed over' they can cross back whenever they choose and visit whomever they choose on this side of existence, without hindrance.
Not religious, remember, so I don't understand why some people make reference to ghosts/spirits going to another place never to return again. Like it's some permanent one way deal.
Nah, your dream makes far more sense than this. Of course our ghosts can come visit once we're on the other side. Your dad may also be keeping his distance to allow time for you to grieve for him, as you need to, in you own time. He is probably aware that you being aware of him will somehow muck you up psychologically in the long run. But that dream strongly suggests he'll never actually leave you permanently. Only in the short term and out of love, looking after your best interests. Because that's what a good, caring and responsible parent does! But leaving forever, like forever forever? Pfft, I don't believe that for a second... Take it away Judge Judy: "If it doesn't make sense it isn't true."

I want to thank you for helping your cousin through her rough time. As an outsider it was comforting knowing she has someone in her life that 'gets it'. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: