You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Activity In My 200 Year Old Church

Real Ghost Stories

Activity In My 200 Year Old Church

 

Growing up, I have had several experiences. A majority of my experiences happened at my house, but my most recent experience was at my church.

Just a little background on my church. It is over 200 years old. In the 1800's it used to be an old school house. There isn't any known deaths that happened at the church, but there is a cemetery right next to the church.

On Halloween night, my youth group was having a scary movie night and a lock in. My friend Chase, my brother's girlfriend Devanna, and I were in the youth room watching Pet Cemetery. We were talking and all of a sudden the room got cold. It was so cold that we could see our breath. Then the movie paused. We all got up and started looking for the DVD player's remote. I found the remote on the other side of the room. I was about to grab the remote when the movie went straight to menu. I looked at Chase and Devanna and told them that I did not touch the remote. As soon as those words left my mouth, we heard a deep voice say, "We found you." I felt three fingers touch my right shoulder blade. I screamed, "Something just touched me" and we all got up and ran out of the church.

Once we calmed down, we went back into the church to tell the rest of the youth what happened. When I was telling everyone that I was touched, Chase yelled, "You are bleeding where you were touched." I lifted up my shirt and asked if there was anything there. Everyone looked at me with wide eyes. Chase took a picture and showed me. I looked at the picture and saw that there was three big claw marks.

Later that night my friend, Julie, and I were in the kitchen getting some ice. We heard what sounded like a chair being dragged and thrown up and down the hallway. When we looked in the hall, there wasn't anybody in the hallway.

Other hauntings by christennnc

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, christennnc, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

saher (4 stories) (52 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-28)
christennnc,

Please do share any moire experiences if you had in that church... 😊
christennnc (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-19)
[at] Sahar
Yes that was in the parking lot of the church. I am also not the only one who has seen that woman in the parking lot.
saher (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-08)
christennnc,

OMG! That sounds so freaking scary... Was that near the church?
christennnc (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-19)
Saher, I have learned through my experiences that it is better when you ignore the activity and try not to be scared. The last thing that truely freak me out happened at my church. My friend and I work in the nursery every Sunday. We try to clean and sanitize the nursery twice a month. I was on the way to meet my friend, Kaylee, at the church. When I was pulling in the driveway, I noticed that Kaylee's car was already there. I looked inside the car and noticed that there was a woman in the drivers seat. She was shaking her head violently. She kept shaking her head and all of a sudden she stopped and looked at me. I hurried up and looked away. When I looked at Kaylee's car again, she was gone. I rarely see things and that was truely freaky.
saher (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-16)
christennnc,

Do you have anything particular thing that scared you a lot? Just curious to know...
christennnc (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-15)
What do you want to know? I can answer any questions that you have. I can't remember anything in particular that has happened. There is just so much.
saher (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-15)
christennnc,
That sounds just WOWWWWW to me...
To tell you I love paranormal. That sounds exciting... It would be great if you tell me more about it. 😊
christennnc (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-15)
saher, It is a creepy church for sure, but there is so much activity there that we basically ignore it.
saher (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-15)
Hey christennnc,

That sounds awesome! Playing in the cemetery. If I ever visit United states I would visit the church & the cemetery. But that story scared me for sure... This is one among my favourite stories now.

Thanx for sharing. God bless 😊
christennnc (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-14)
saher, we play in the cemetry it doesn't scare us at all. We have actually captured a man saying hey in the cemetry
saher (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-14)
Jesus Christ!
That sounds so freaking scary... Are you fine now?
But why watch a movie near a cemetery on Halloween's night... God bless you man...
That scared me 😠
christennnc (3 stories) (15 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-13)
[at] Tweed
My youth group doesn't usually do anything on Halloween night, but my youth leader was off this particular night. Yes it did happen to me in 2014. I am the only one that gets touched or scratched, but I am not the only one who experiences the activity. Everyone usually hears voices, foot steps, doors openning and closing, etc. The claw marks looked like a bear or something with super sharp claws scratched me. I have scars from the claw marks, but that wasn't the only time I have been scratched in that same exact spot. The voice I heard was male and I feel that it is an evil spirit.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-13)
Holy Grail!
Christen, did this happen to you last Halloween 2014?
Were your scratched still there the next day? Did they seem different to regular scratches in any way?
Has anything happened since then at the church?
Does the church do a Halloween thing every year?
Was anyone else hurt or touched?
So many questions, I'm just so intrigued!
It might have been poltergeist activity which fed off the energy of everyone watching the scary flick.
Did the deep voice sound male/female/child/adult?
The fact it used to be a school could be relevant too.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: