You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: On Camera

Real Ghost Stories

On Camera

 

A few weeks ago I had a weird experience with my camera. I do not know if it was a ghost encounter or a malfunction of the device, but it gave me the chills.

It was late at night, not sure about the exact time it happened. I was in my room sleeping with my boyfriend and suddenly woke up with a strange feeling. I do not know what I felt that made me wake up, but I went to the bathroom and drank a cup of water. I did not bother to turn on the lights, which is not common for me as I am afraid of the dark.

I was still in the bathroom when I heard my camera turn on and saw the light its flash does and, of course, thinking it must be my stupid boyfriend playing pranks on me, I just came back in the room saying "ha-ha, very funny". Only to notice that my boyfriend was asleep and the camera was on my desk, far away from our bed.

I immediately jumped in bed and covered myself with blankets and I tried to wake him up, but no results. I closed my eyes and I was shivering alot. I was terrified but I managed to fall back asleep and I do not know if it took 2 minutes and there it was again: camera turned on, flash light again.

I do not know if it turned off, when it turned off and why because I never had problems with it, the battery was fine and it never broke.

The next morning, I told my boyfriend what happened and of course, he did not believe a thing. He left for work an hour later and I was alone again.

I went to my desk to check the camera. I was soo scared of what I might find on it. I grabbed it and turned it on and it switched to the last photo that had been taken... There was nothing strange. I do not know what I expected to see on camera, but I was really scared.

Other hauntings by depitong

 

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, depitong, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

depitong (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-25)
I am not sure what to believe as it is not the first weird thing that has happened to me, in different houses, things that I cannot explain.
depitong (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-25)
Hello, thank you for your interest in my experience. It was not taking pictures, just flashing, it has not happened since that night, thank God. I am sure it was not lightning and it was not near anything that could have turned it on. To be honest I am too scared to take random pictures at night in the house, just in case I catch something and freak out. It has a battery that charges through usb so I do not actually change it. I just hope it never happens again. I hope I covered all the comments. Have a nice day!
Trischa_D (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-19)
maybe it's a warning indication that you should start taking random pictures around your house. You may find something there and if it's bad, you could move away before anything dangerous happens. That's what I would do.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-17)
Hello there. I can't really explain as to what it could've been, but if it's a malfunction, you will know in a few days. Also, was your camera anywhere around the windows? If so, the headlights of the cars passing by could produce the flash. Just trying to rule out the possibilities, but again, it's my personal opinion. Thank you.
-Shady.
tawa (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-15)
Was the camera next to anything that could've bumped the on switch? Because if so it may have been bumped. It may have also been an electrical fault with the wiring inside the camera. I'm no expert in the paranormal field but I suggest you look out for more unusual occurrences like this. Hppefully if there is a spirit in your house it's a good one

~ Tawa
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-14)
Depitong, So was it actually taking pictures? Or just flashing? 😕
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-14)
Hi depitong, as BrokenTree said check your camera or change the batteries to rule out other possibilities. Please do make or take of things happening like this, if it does exhibit itself if future. With only one experience it is quite difficult to comment further. Also, was it raining that night with lightning and thunder. Just asked because lightning and thunder could suddenly happen and it would resemble a camera flash.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
BrokenTree (76 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-13)
The battery is not as fine as you think it is. Take that battery out and put in a new one and see if that fixes the camera.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: