You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Items :: Lucy The Doll

Real Ghost Stories

Lucy The Doll

 

As a young child, I always enjoyed playing with my dollies as many young girls do. Now the age of 16, I wish I could have found out more about my experience and maybe some explanations as to why it happened to me.

I don't remember much from when I was in my primary school years, but this was certainly one that I remember as if it were yesterday.

There was a jumble sale that took place in the hall of my primary around the year 2007 (I was about 8 at the time). There were many unwanted toys that had been brought in by children's parents and the children themselves, none of which seemed to catch my eye. I was never a lover of shiny, new-looking toys which is what the majority of them were.

After a good rummage through the piles of items, I eventually stumbled across a ragged looking doll. The doll itself wasn't porcelain or made from any kind of plastic material but instead it was a soft, crochet doll that looked fairly mistreated and had a lot of the stitches torn from its mouth and dress.

I was thrilled at the fact I had another doll to add to my collection and I had no suspicions of the doll at this time as being particularly strange or abnormal (undoubtedly because of my naivety at the age that I was).

When I got home that afternoon, I placed the doll on my bed and for the first couple weeks or so nothing out of the ordinary happened.

As I began to collect more and more toys, I gradually started to remove certain toys that had been on my bed for some time and although Lucy (the doll) was my favourite at this time, I had to move her to a large wooden box that I kept a lot of my other stuffed toys in.

That night, I settled down with a Disney video and was beginning to drift to sleep when I noticed something was poking out from the top of my toy box that was just to the right of my bed. It was Lucy. It seemed to stand on both its legs, arms side by side with an unusual facial expression that was unoriginal to the doll, almost like it was smirking.

I did not feel threatened by the doll and I continued to stare at the doll for a few seconds until, unexpectedly, the doll seemed to physically jump from one side of the box to the other. I rushed to the box, only to find Lucy, laid flat at the top of the pile and motionless.

Since then, I have now moved in with my grandma and have no current recollection of the dolls whereabouts, but I suspect it may still be somewhere within my mum's house.

I would be interested in hearing what you guys think. Although the story is nothing too crazy, I still count this as a paranormal experience and would like to hear your opinions.

More description (about Lucy):

Crochet doll; blue dress with pink roses; blonde hair; turns inside out into another doll with an orange dress and brown hair; simple facial features (no nose).

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, VirtuousElemental, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

outofboxthinker (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-18)
hey,
Did you name it lucy, if not how do you know it's name? I'm a bit comfussed.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+4
9 years ago (2015-05-16)
Virtuous,
The doll you describe is called a topsy-turvy or double ender doll, and probably hand-crafted.
Since you were only 8, and it was a one time experience, it's really hard to decide if this was a paranormal experience or not. You said you were beginning to drift to sleep when you thought you saw her move, so there's the possibility of dreaming/imagination involved. On the other hand, you seem really certain that it did happen, and I can't say for certain that it didn't. At least it didn't frighten or harm you in anyway.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-16)
VirtuousElemental
First I must say that dolls creep me out, and not because of movies. They just give me the feeling that they are watching me and some are. I think dolls are the easiest item for a spirit to attach itself to or possess.
I know everyone on here must think I'm crazy but even at 54 I prefer stuffed animals and when I eventually have grandchildren I will only be giving them stuffed animals.
Red
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-15)
VirtuousElemental, I'm not sure what to say about what your doll did, though I'm curious as to what would happen if you found it again.
Thanks for sharing your story, I love stories about & movies (I'm a chucky fan) though many dolls scare the shiat out of me. I find porcelain ones really scary, even though I know that they are not alive. (There not supposed to be anyway). My sister has a few dolls, a couple of them are still in their original boxes, and two porcelain ones in a different box. She takes care of them and keeps them in the box where they are SAFE. 😊
teenagewitch21 (5 stories) (30 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-14)
Wow! I had a very similar experience when I was younger and the way you describe the doll was almost exactly the same as my "Dorothy" 😕. Do you mind me asking where abouts in the UK this happened? It would be very interesting to know if it was anywhere near where mine was.

It was a great story, thanks for sharing.

TW21 x
MaybeADreamer (4 stories) (58 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-14)
Hi Virtuous, I am currently having issues with a doll myself (I believe it has a family member spirit attached to it).

Maybe your doll belonged to someone previously that died and the little girl spirit attached to it just wants to play and get snuggled up at night like any normal little girl. Maybe she doesn't know she is passed. Just an idea, I can't say for sure.

Try talking to the doll and explaining that she needs to go to the light where she will be happier and not so lonely anymore.

I wish you well and hope you manage to sort this
Xxxx 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: