You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Chief

Real Ghost Stories

The Chief

 

We built a house on family land, it used to be a pasture. My husband and our friend put the electric in. We were going to a wedding in Key West two days after we moved in.

The first and second day after we moved in, whenever I walked into a room to talk to my husband the lights over head would blow. At night all the smoke detectors would beep (we have five) all night long. We took the batteries out and everything. So we are getting ready to leave and don't know what to do about the electric or who to call so we shut it off.

We rented a house with another couple at Key West. Every time I would put my foot in the bedroom, the smoke detectors would beep, take my foot out, they stopped. We were there for 3 days, they beeped all night long and there was no smoking in the house.

After we came home my friend and I had a medium party for fun. The well known medium told me we built the house on Indian land and the Indian, I nicknamed "THE CHIEF", was angry because we didn't bless our house, to get some sage, burn it and bless the house. After that he protected me, play jokes on me, hid things, it was all good.

We ride a Harley all over the U.S. We were going to Sturgis SD For the bike rally. One night we stayed at an Indian motel on the way and couldn't find the room key when we left so we paid a fee and that night we stayed in Deadwood and the key from the other motel was laying there in the middle of the bed at that motel, just a little joke.

We would go into town and come back and all of our battery operated things would be turned on and the alarm clock would be going off. I thought it was funny. The only thing I didn't like was my husband spends every Monday night with his 100 year old mother, and I know he meant well. I don't like being alone, but two nights in a row I felt him in bed with me with his back to me and his back was warm. I thought my husband came home which was strange, but when I looked no one was there. He was just trying to comfort me. I asked him not to do it again it scared me and he never did.

When I go to sleep it takes a LOT to wake me up, I really am hard to wake up. One night my husband got up in the middle of the night and slept in the living room on the couch. I heard a chant, it went like -AHAHA-AHAHA-AH,Im not sure how to spell it but it was the same thing over and over and louder and louder, so loud it woke me up. I sat on the edge of the bed and thought, what the heck, and it got louder still and it was coming from the living room. So I came in there and my husband was moaning. I woke him up, he said he was dreaming he was on the loader, he operates heavy equipment, and it was rolling over and over and he knew he was going to die and couldn't wake up. I found out later the chant is an Indian prayer?

I haven't felt him here after that. It had to have taken a lot of energy to chant that loud. Has he moved on? After that we had bad luck. We feel tired all the time, we get money something breaks, we have to spend it.

Everything broke down, had to buy a car, fridge etc. Is someone else here now that isn't so nice? I miss my chief he protected me or is he just getting his energy built back up?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, labtech, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

labtech (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-03)
thanks everyone for your comments and input, no the living room wasn't one of the rooms the lights blew. I think that he just used so much energy chanting so loud that it weakened him and another bad spirit took over for awhile, but not an Indian. I can feel him back now and everything is so much better, the negative energy is gone and I have my protector back. I have another story to write later that's intriguing. For some reason spirits are attracted to me haha. Thanks again

😁
outofboxthinker (1 stories) (14 posts)
-2
9 years ago (2015-05-18)
haha, I can't wake up to sound at all! I find it normal for things to constantly break with out being able to pay that much. My mom and dad have had to use my shower for over a year. (I didn't put in my actual age for privacy reasons (I put in a random one)) I think you good 😁
prabhakar181991 (1 posts)
-2
9 years ago (2015-05-18)
i am an indian, and I know very well there is no chant like aahaha it is sswaha sswaha in indian tradition.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-05-18)
Cute Princess, just to clarify for you, the 'Indian' Labtech is talking about is a Native American. Sometimes referred to as Native American 'Indian'. Separate from an Indian person from India.
cute_princess (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-18)
I m an indian and know that indian are quite protective of things, people and places they like... May be something else would have happened like another spirit coming...
LoveOfAbundance (2 stories) (27 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-17)
Hi! That was a very interesting story. I like protector spirits. They were clearly protectors when they lived in our realm and just keep on doing what they do best. I agree with Tweed that the bad luck may not have to do with a negative spirit. It may just be a run of bad luck. It happens to us all. Just keep a positive attitude and things will turn around. Best wishes to you! ❤
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-17)
Hi Labtech, this is very intriguing.

I agree with Frangelica completely and second her suggestion to contact a specialist in this area of spirituality.

Your perception may also play a role in this and this is a suggestion for Frangelica too. When we look for positive events we naturally feel that we're in luck. When we look for negative events we feel we're experiencing bad luck. Not always, but sometimes our luck is merely how we perceive our day to day life.
With that said a positive attitude naturally attracts positive energy to us.

Lattech I would, if you haven't already, get your electric checked by an electrician. I believe the lights and smoke detectors are paranormal. But feel that this Chief, or whoever is with you, is warning you about something. If this were happening to me I'd connect it like this:

Possible Connection:
Common denominator; you. - The activity happens around you. Would assume it's you this spirit is protecting.
Blowing lights - A warning to you that your electricity is faulty.
Smoke alarms sounding at night - The time when we're asleep and most vulnerable to danger. A warning of a fire caused by faulty electrical wiring or other potentially life threatening fault. Encouragement not to sleep in the house.
Battery operated objects turned on - A safer power supply alternative. Further encouragement not to use your mains for the time being.
Missing motel key found on bed - More encouragement to stay in a motel rather than sleep at home.

I'm not very well versed on Native American culture but I have heard of an 'Aaahhh iiiieee' sounding chant which is a protective chant. But please look into this as I am by no means an expert.
Was the room your husband was dreaming in one of the rooms which had a light blow?
Also because you're a heavy sleeper perhaps this spirit has chosen your husband as a better candidate to give warning dreams to. Not sure, just sprang to mind.

Do get your electric checked professionally. Also there was a few years ago some dodgy wiring circulating which was masquerading as safety standard approved wiring. It was recalled but anyone who had wiring on their house done in recent years is strongly advised to call some hotline to have it inspected and replaced if needed at no cost to the homeowner. I don't know how many countries this applied to, but please inquire about it also.

It sounds like you have one heck of a protective guardian on your side, which is great!
frangelica1 (40 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-17)
I wonder if the chanting was from another Indian Spirit that pushed out your protector Indian Spirit? Are you sure the chant was a prayer and not asking to create hardship for you and your family? This was just something that came to my mind and am working on sharing my first thoughts.

I have also had a period of very bad luck like what you describe where everytime you think you are now past and another thing happens. I have been taking spiritual classes in the last few years and I don't know what causes this bad luck to happen to people when it does, but I do know that I recently had a Reiki healing and it does seem to have lightened up my life.

In terms of your home, since it was once Indian land, maybe it couldn't hurt to have someone like a spiritualist practicing Indian (don't know the correct term) similar to a Christian Priest or minister come to bless your home.

I hope your luck and life improves going forward and I also will be interested in hearing other people's thoughts on your experiences you have shared! Best of luck to you!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: