You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Strange Goings On In Our Home

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Goings On In Our Home

 

It's been awhile since I've submitted anything about the activity in our home. There have been things on and off but nothing major until this week.

Wednesday night, 5/06/15, I had the beginnings of a migraine so I went to my room to lay down from 6:00 pm and 8:00 pm. From my bed I could see straight through to the living room. My son was on the computer; my daughter and grandson were not home. As I'm lying there, I glance up and see a woman leaning over the baby gate, which is between the kitchen and laundry room. The woman appeared elderly judging by her whitish colored hair. She had on a red shirt with small white designs on it, maybe flowers or something. I saw her right arm extended over the baby gate, as if reaching for something near the floor. After acknowledging to myself that I saw someone, I blinked my eyes and she was gone.

Sometime later, around 9:15, I considered maybe what I thought I saw I didn't really see. The blinds in my home are light colored, cream/off white. My tablecloth is red and the napkins on my kitchen table are white. All of this is within my range of sight, so I figured my eyes just created the image of a woman leaning over the baby gate. Couldn't come up with anything to explain her right arm, but what the heck LOL. (Here is the link for a picture I took a night or so later. Exact same scenario, except no ghost. Http://s401.photobucket.com/user/MarjieSpencer/media/8a4845d8-8848-416a-8479-341c50d663eb.jpg.html?state=copy&sp=false)

On and off for hours that night I heard voices, which I attributed to the TV. I had my fan on in the bedroom and when I'd hear voices, I would turn it off. I didn't hear the voices then, so I assumed either what was I was hearing before was no longer happening on the TV or my fan was making the voices. I know my fan can cause musical noise, depending upon the speed and where it is sitting. But my fan has been in this same position for a few weeks and I'd not heard anything like this. Still, the voices could be the fan and/or TV.

Thursday afternoon during the day, my daughter went out back the backdoor to smoke. The backdoor is in the laundry room. When she came back in, she set her cigarettes and lighter on the freezer which is in the laundry room. As she was getting ready to leave, she picked up her cigarettes and lighter and realized that was not the lighter she had when she went out to smoke. Not the light she set on the freezer.

Prior to this she felt our cat rub up against the back of her legs in the laundry room. Assuming he wanted out, she turned to open the backdoor; no cat. Glancing into the living room, she saw he was sitting on the couch. My daughter told me she heard voices throughout the day, the backdoor opened and shut several times by itself which she tried to convince herself was due to wind.

That night my daughter went to a friend's house. I knew she'd be out late so I wasn't concerned. At 2:23 am (looked at my alarm clock) I heard a car door shut, our living room door open, felt and heard her footsteps going through the living room to the kitchen and back toward her room.

At 5:15 I get up, take my grandson to his mommy. As I passed the living room door, I didn't bother with my routine of checking the lock on the door to see if it was in the locked position because I knew she was home. (My son and I don't lock the living room door when my daughter is out. She locks it when she gets home.) I got to her bedroom, but she wasn't in there. I looked out the hallway window and her car was not there. Anyone who has ever lived in a trailer knows the sound/feel of someone walking. Unmistakable for anything else.

I'm honestly not sure if this is relevant or not, but figured I'd throw it out here for consideration. A few weeks ago I bought 4 used lawn chairs and some used (brand new condition) towels from a woman. This woman said they were downsizing and didn't need them. A few days ago I had to consider (thanks to Facebook) that these items belonged to a woman who had passed away.

We've had activity prior to this. In March my daughter was locked out two different days when she went outside. We've heard voices, my bedroom door was opened during the night when the kids where in their beds and the cat was outside. The living room door was locked during the night when I didn't lock it before going to bed, and my grandbaby and I were the only ones home. I also felt someone blowing cool air on my head while I was in bed.

All of this has occurred within the past few months. None of these events are frightening to me or my son. They do freak my daughter out a bit though LOL.

Other hauntings by Miracles51031

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Miracles51031, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-27)
RCRuskin - I felt that tremor. I was sitting at my desk and felt it shaking. When it happened I said somethimg like what on earth was that? I asked around the office, upstairs and down. Out of 20 odd people, no one else felt it. Not even those whose office adjoined mine. One of my co-workers told me a little later that Virginia had had an earthquake and many places in Ohio felt it. I told a couple people I work with that I had felt the earthquake. They didn't believe me.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-16)
Jessie12 - I appreciate your comment and thank you 😊 I learned a long time ago, even before becoming a mod, not to take this stuff seriously. I once told a long-time member that at this we're just faceless people on computers, which has absolutely no bearing on my life. If I let everyone on this site who gets upset with me bother me, I'd be so stressed out I couldn't function. But I don't.

Again, thanks and I hope you have a great day and I'll apologize ahead of time because I'm sure somewhere down the road something I say could upset you too 😊
BloodEman (2 stories) (59 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-20)
Hey miracles, I also feel that someone is blowing cool air on my forehead at night...
Could that be a sign of a ghost...? I didn't consider it too much as it only comforts me...

And I usuall see unexplainable things but I don't consider them as ghosts...

Sometimes when I am reading a book on my phone, when the screen goes dark after timed-out, I could see a dark figure from the reflection of the dark surface, but only for one second. So everytime I turn around so quick to see who it was but I always see one thing... The wall behind me...

And there was another expirience which happened to me when I was reading a story in this site lying on my bed, I saw a dark figure running to the kitchen passing the doorway to my room which was in my right side. That is the only expirience I can believe as paranormal... But in the others I thought it was my eyes playing trick and never consider it as a ghost.

I've had many similar expiriences but I never had an expirience which I can say is paranormal without any doubt... 😊 😊
Lucas_mclerie (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-13)
whoops, I didn't see the part in brackets, '... Except, no ghost' πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Don't send me a photo!
Lucas_mclerie (1 stories) (12 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-13)
Hello Miracles51031! Can you please send me the photo zoomed in a bit? If so, my email address is lucas_02 [at] hotmail.com.au. I had a very close look at the photo using the link you posted and I think I can see what your describing as the old woman. I'm not sure exactly so if you could send me a closer image, I can then confirm what I am seeing. Thanks.
Lucas.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
Okay y'all, public service announcement πŸ˜‰ Those of you who have been around for awhile realize that we are going to be dealing with a lot of fictional stories during Halloween. Those of you new to our site, Halloween brings out the fiction writers, plagiarizers, horror story fans, etc.

So to all of you, please remember we (mods) have rules to go by during Halloween the same as the rest of the year. There are going to be stories published that aren't true, just the same as every other day of the year.

If you don't believe a story, and get offended because other members do believe it, maybe it would be better if you didn't read stories during this time.

We (mods) were asked if we wanted the Submissions Page to be shut down for awhile during the Halloween season. We didn't feel it was necessary. We will continue to try our best to weed through the obvious fiction. But there are going to be some get through that we'll shake our heads and wonder why we published them.

Breathe in, hold, release πŸ˜‰ It's just a website that you can get up and walk away from at any given time.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
8 years ago (2015-10-01)
Also, this doesn't mean we believe every story we publish is true. It just means we are trying to follow the guidelines, same as always 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
8 years ago (2015-10-01)
This is just a general, for your information statement. Halloween is approaching, and as is the norm around here we are and will continue to be receiving fictional stories. Some of them may be hard to tell from a true experience because some of our Halloween members are getting better each year on their story telling.

So, basically, this is a request for patience and understanding. And also just to let you know what we (mods) are dealing with. We'd really like to get through this as unscathed as possible, which means try not to bash the mods for our decision to publish a story you may feel has no credibility and shouldn't be here.

Thanks 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
Hecate - it's okay to mention BJJ. She's very well known here and I'm sure many of our members have noticed her absence and miss her.

Granny and I try to support each other (basically meaning gripe and complain to each other) when things get hair-pulling crazy LOL (Did you know b*tch can't be used? I didn't until I tried saying b*tch and moan LOL

Birthday week, huh? Might try that;)
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
Miracles, I did not know whether to comment on missing BJJ. So, I am sorry you and zzgranny are alone, putting out all of these new stories, and dealing with all of us and our drama. I am relatively new, but veteran enough to miss BJJ. I hope she returns.

I celebrate birthday "week", personally. I hope you do the same. πŸ˜†

Glad you won't leave us...

Hecate ❀
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
I wasn't ignoring y'all, just trying to wait until I had a good opportunity to type 😊

I'm going to combine this all in one comment, but thank you to Fergie, Tweed, RedWolf for the wonderful comments about me not quitting. I don't want to turn this into a drama thread because we've been trying to stop those. But I want to thank you, and those I thanked before, for the birthday wishes and making me feel wanted and appreciated 😭 ❀

Fergie - I do hope Ray gets better soon. I had bronchitis, along with 3 other itises a few years ago and dear Lord was I sick. Thanksgiving was non-existent for me that year. And I'm very impressed with Shenay's math score! Wow! That's wonderful!

Tweed - OMG! Seriously, right? This is the internet, for heaven's sake LOL It's bad enough to let people we have to see face to face get under our skin, but faceless (for the most) people? Have to step back sometimes and remind myself it's just a computer screen with words LOL

RedWolf - thank you. Bless your heart, I know you've been having a time of it lately too, so to you I repeat your words "Do something special just for yourself this week end and refresh yourself tell your ghosties to leave you alone so you can truly enjoy yourself." And I think y'all are stuck with me, for better or worse, because I really do love this site and have become close to so many of you. And, RedWolf, you're barely older than I am so that mom tone must come out more often than I realized LMAO! We are down one mod, not sure whether or not she'll be back. We miss her and will be here if she does:)

Thanks everyone:)
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
Miracles
I have NO idea how or why I came across your story. Well actually I do. My father in-law never left after my dog Jethro had to be put down. He likes to play with my tablet. I will write a short story about my father in-law to explain what he does. I didn't even notice the story was 2 months old as I had picked a story and yours came up.
Regards
Red
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
Miracles,
You can't quit. We all love love you, and wouldn't know what to do without you.
We need your advice your scolding your empathy and your humor.
Thank you for all you do, nobody can replace you. Sometimes I start to write mom when addressing you although I believe I am older than you. I''m 54.
So you see how much you are needed and loved. Just imagine a bunch of us grabbing you by the legs if you try to leave and Martin and Rook standing in your way πŸ˜†.
I heard you are already down one mod but I doon't remember where I read that. So please please please don't leave too. Do something special just for yourself this week end and refresh yourself tell your ghosties to leave you alone so you can truly enjoy yourself.
Regards and much ❀
Red
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
Well, Miracles, I love putting up with you, we all do! 😊 For what it's worth I do mod duties here and there on a forum and I *know* how tough it can be. Who would ever think that a bunch of internet crap could get under your skin, but it does sometimes.

Hope you had a great time yesterday, and today, and every day! πŸ˜†
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
Miracles,
I hope you had a delicious Mexican meal and exciting evening of chatter with your family. What a super ending to a milestone day in your life.

All is well with our family, thank you, except for Ray - he is ill in bed with the flu (bronchitis as well). Shenay spent the winter break with us; in high spirits as she had aced all her exams at school, with a 93% for math.
I hope your loved ones are all in good health.

Sorry, I was so hell-bent on wishing you, I omitted to thank you for your hard work as a mod. Hecate and Tweed have reminded me of my lack of manners. I can imagine what a grueling job being a mod can be at times. Don't give up the fight.
Thank you for your excellence in keeping everyone in line, and your editing.

❀Fergie
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-21)
Tweed - thank you 😊 I'm not even going to try to rhyme LOL I was on f/b earlier talking to my youngest stepdaughter and said "that" 3 times in the same sentence πŸ˜†

As for the storms, they tend to pop up unexpectedly. Just when we think all is calm, crap! Take cover! Here we go again LOL

And thank you. Recently I had considered resigning; that darn straw nearly broke my camel, but I reconsidered. Might regret it in month or two but for now y'all have to put up with me LOL
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-21)
ah, Miracles, happy happy day to you! Its true we love what you do and we're thankful for it too!

I'll stop rhyming now πŸ˜†

Regarding your job here I *think* all storms have passed. Perfect time to celebrate with Mexican food, my god who doesn't love Mexican seriously!

Have a great day/evening! ❀
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-07-21)
Hecate - yeah, we've noticed over the years the ugh part of this job comes in spurts. Annoying when it happens, relieving when they go away LOL

I'm taking my kids (and grandson) out to dinner tonight... Mexican yum!

And boundaries are good, for all of us. Our housemates are pretty receptive to rules, which is very good. They are active in spurts too.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-21)
Miracles, I hope you can do something nice for yourself today. 😊

Many of us have been a bit impetuous lately. And I know that makes your job rather challenging. It seems cyclic, though, calming again.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

Best,

Hecate

P.S. House of the Weird. House of the Loving. ❀

Give them another boundary... 😐 They can play by your rules, too, loving rules.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-21)
Aw Fergie, this was buried and I didn't see it until Hecate commented. Thank you and I hope all is well with you and your loved ones 😊

Hecate - LOL yes and sometimes I feel like I've been around that sun more times than I really have. I feel closer to my actual age today though LOL

And thank you for that. Sometimes we get more criticism than thank yous. And they are appreciated, believe me 😊
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-21)
Miracles, is this a space traveling, trip around the sun commemoration day? Happy Day! And 365.25-ish more!

Thank you for doing what you do here...

Best! 😊

Hecate
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-21)
Hi Miracles,

Just a short note to wish you everything of the best on this auspicious day in your life. May the best in life be yet to come.

Much ❀,
Fergie
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-07-17)
JiJey - I moved this to one of my stories because it is a general comment. And at the risk of inciting another flare up, I would like to address what you said.

Disclaimer: This comment is not directed at, to or in regards to anyone. It is just based on my years of being on this site. I will not respond to any questions or comments.

Sometimes, in our haste to come to the rescue of a member we feel needs defending and/or help, we (speaking generally here) overlook the niggling doubt in our minds that maybe all isn't on the up and up. We overlook inconsistencies, lies, admitted drug (legal or not) and/or alcohol usage, talking in circles, and a whole lot of other things I've seen over the years.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-05-24)
mazahir - I moved this to one of my stories to get the conversation back to the other story.

If you are interested in submitting a story, our Submission's Page will probably be open on Tuesday. But I will give you some advice, and you probably should take it. I am one of the editors and if I read anything from you that is based on an episode of Supernatural, it will be rejected. I do not for one minute believe you and your brother are hunters of anything other than what is on your screen.

Also, read the submissions guidelines very closely. Punctuation and grammar, as well as farfetched or impossible to believe, are reasons a lot of stories get rejected.

You're going to have to do a very good job of explaining how and why your family became hunters, along with personal experience, for a story to get published. Just being completely honest with you. We get a lot of stories from people who are just playing around and want to see if they can get their story published on our site. Frankly, we're quite a bit tired of it. So be very, very careful when telling your story.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
Tweed - my immediate family laughed and agreed when they saw it. They all know there's something weird (I prefer unique but what the hey LOL) about us. Now I'm sure strangers are very perplexed, wondering what exactly that means πŸ˜†
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
hahaha I thought it would be a little message in the corner of a window. But nope! Got an illustration and everything. Thanks for taking the picture Miracles, if people only *knew* the story behind that blue marker. πŸ˜‰
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
Tweed - I took this picture this morning on the way to the bus stop. My son asked me if I took a picture of the door and I explained to him why. Now he wants a plaque πŸ˜†

Http://s1382.photobucket.com/user/miracles51031/media/The%20house%20of%20weird_zpspicvdyvq.jpeg.html?sort=3&o=0

I don't have a clue what the larger cartoon is (Easter time, maybe an animated Easter egg? πŸ˜•). But the two smaller ones in the right corner represent our cat and dog.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-05-19)
Rook - I like that motto, seems very fitting for a lot of us LOL πŸ˜†
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-19)
Whoah Rook, that's a GREAT one, very clever!

Miracles don't worry about your windows, ours hardly get washed at all! πŸ˜‰
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-19)
Tweed, Miracles;

Couldn't help but notice what you have been bantering about... Hows this for a 'Home Motto'...

The Home for Wayward Boarders...

Yep, that's my home... Though 'The House Of Weird' does have a nice 'ring' to it.

Respectfully,

Rook

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: