You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Blur

Real Ghost Stories

Blur

 

I am an atheist and skeptic but I have seen something that might interest people.

I do have a possible explanation but I'm not sure if it fits exactly because it happened a long time ago. When I was five my cat died and about three weeks after she died I was walking down a small staircase and a blur the size of her came slowly down the stairs and back up in front of me. Now, it doesn't fit what I remember but it happened so long ago that my memory could have been distorted by time but occasionally I get blurry spots where goop from my eyes has gotten on my actually eye (sorry if that's completely disgusting) but like I said it doesn't match the memory.

Apparently this story alone is too short to post so I'll add my other unexplained story to make it longer.

I remember that I was little but not the exact time period, but when I was small I thought there was some thing named "the shadow man" trying to get me. I know this was my imagination but I remember clearly one time that a thing that was black and had glowing eyes came up from behind my bed (which was pushed against the wall so it wasn't the cat) and I hid under the covers and spent the night like that. After that nothing else happened and you could argue that it was sleep paralysis (so many things are) but I could move which I don't know if that fits the definition (I'll look it up and put it in the comments).

I thought maybe this would interest someone or help with a unexplainable event someone else had (if so please comment).

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, outofboxthinker, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
It may have been your cats spirit/ ghost coming back after he died.
And you know, when you were litltle and you said that you used to see a thing called the shadow man, it may not have been your imagination, your parents might have just told you that.
Trischa_D (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
They say that shadow people are spies for demons and that the demon can see through their "eyes" when not physically present. Can you remember when you became an atheist? Were you really young or born into a family of atheists? I'm only asking because for people who do believe in God (and I'm one who does) we believe that the devil or demons won't pursue people who don't believe in God or are already "lost." I hope this doesn't offend you, but it's something interesting to think about.

I do think animals have spirits, although sightings of animal "ghosts" are rare. Also, the small black blur could have been the Shadow Man peeking in at you. Shadow people can appear however they want- large or small, with eyes or as "blobs" or black forms with no definite shape. Interesting stories. I like to hear from atheists because right off the bat you know you're dealing with a skeptic- which makes them more believeable.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-19)
Hi OutOfBoxThinker, I've been enjoying your posts, it's always nice to have an atheist's point of view.

You may have read already about 'shadow people'. Pretty much everyone who sees them describes the same thing. Black shadow, glowing eyes (usually red).
One possible physical explanation for your shadow person/entity experience is sleep walking. Without the actual walking, as you said you could move. You may have been dreaming in a sleep walking state of consciousness.

As for the cat sized blur. Honestly all I can think of is a band called Blur. But that doesn't help at all.
If it were me, I'd welcome an encounter with a passed on pet.
I know what you mean about crud on the eye. When you think back to this memory did this blur appear to interact with the surroundings? As in it appeared to walk on the stairs. Or could it have been a bit of gunk on your eye just in the right place at the right time?

PS I had a giggle at the story being too short and the other being tacked on. They're both interesting encounters. Thanks for sharing them. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: