You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Small Brown Creature?

Real Ghost Stories

Small Brown Creature?

 

My friends and I went to an abandoned hospital where they started messing around with a Ouija board. Ever since I've seen this little brown creature at the house of the person who owns the board.

The first time I saw a brown flash in the corner between the couch and window, it scared the dog and moved the curtains. The two people sitting on the couch with me only noticed the dog was staring at the corner with its ears back and that the curtains were moving. I was freaked out so I had the guy get up and move the couch to see if one of the cats, which are both white, had gotten into the house and were hiding behind it.

The second time was another flash that looked like something had looked over the table next to the couch then moved behind it. This was the only time another person had witnessed the flash.

The last time I saw it, I was sitting in the living room and heard a noise, so I glanced over into the kitchen and saw this small brown creature suddenly appear in full form and run across the floor. I jumped up to see if someone had let a cat or something in the house but found nothing. The creature was the size of a cat but had no tail or like a rabbit with no ears.

I've tried googling small brown paranormal creatures and creatures connected to Ouija board but couldn't find anything that matched what I had witnessed. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the Ouija board, I just happened to notice it after that night.

Has anyone experienced something similar or know what it could be? Thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NCF, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MikeArcAngel (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
It would have been better for you to say goodbye and move the planchette to goodbye on he board. By not saying goodbye or moving the marker a portal may have been opened and allowed something to get out. Does your friend still have this board? If so it would be better to be rid of it. You might have lucky these few times but repeated usage is like a homing beacon for thugs you don't want to contact. But it's good that nothing has attached itself to you or is harming you. The creature you mentioned still baffles me but I'm also leaning towards an animal spirit because nothing else seems likely.
Have a good day- MikeArcAngel
NCF (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
Thanks everyone for your responses.
My friends had only used the board one other time at her house before the night at the hospital. At the hospital they were only able to ask a few questions then some crazy guy showed up so we all got out of there as fast as we could.
I read that you have to say bye when done using a Ouija board or it leaves it open, is that true? The first time they did & nothing weird happened after, but since the weird guy showed up we just packed up & left, & ever since weird things have been happening. Her garage door that's always locked will be open in the morning, sounds of footsteps in the hallway, & what appears to be a white silhouette out the corner of your eye. Aside from the brown flash next to the table & the dog with it's ears back while the curtains were moving I don't think anyone else has experienced the 'brown creature.' I don't think it's demonic, nothing bad has happened, & I don't think it's attached to me in any way since I've only witnessed it at her house. I also don't think it's an actual living thing since my friend couldn't find anything when the curtains moved & when I saw it in full form I looked everywhere & found nothing. The spirit of an animal makes sense just not sure what animal it would be. It walked quickly like a cat but had no tail or ears but was close to the ground like a rabbit & shaped more like one. Whatever it is, it's definitely one of the weirdest things I've ever experienced.
If anyone has anymore ideas or input on what it could be please let me know... Thanks
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
While rare, there are rabbits born without ears due to a genetic deformity, the same holds true of tailless cats. Although sometimes cat's will loose their tails due to an accident or an act of cruelty. Either one can be extremely fast. However, since you mentioned a dog and two cats residing where you saw this 'blur', if it is indeed one of the aforementioned animals, I'd opt for the cat as a bunny doesn't seem to care for the scent of either of these other animals. A cat however (especially a male) will endeavor to claim another's territory for its own. As anyone, who's spent time around cats can tell you, they can seem to come from 'nowhere', and get into the oddest places.
However, as Rook pointed out, there really isn't enough information to say it's this or that. Has your friend experienced anything odd since that night with the OB? Any weird happenings, sounds? Anything of that ilk?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
The First one was well done, did not like the others.

Anyway...did this group do ANYTHING ELSE with this board, it may have even been inbetween the night at the Hospital and when you first saw this... Brown blur, Just wondering.

Respectfully,

Rook
BrokenTree (76 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
Trischa D
Sorry to burst your bubble but what the Mexican farmer caught was a species of monkey native to the area.

I agree with rook about the animal or nature spirit. Other than that I would suggest that you don't mess with Ouija boards unless you know what you are doing.
MikeArcAngel (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
I do know it was made up. Hence why I called it a myth. I was just trying to figure a type of creature that would resemble the one depicted in the story and one of the creatures I thought of belonged to that story. I don't believe in the Blair witch stuff either. Though they made some awesome movies though!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
In the Place the First... (not to be rude)

"...the Blaire witch haunting myths."

MikeArcAngel, you do understand that the Blair Witch was a 'made up' piece of fiction... That the entire 'myth' was created by those who wrote and directed the film as a marketing gimick right?

Having asked that I wish to ask NCF this... What else did this group of 'ghost hunters' do while at the hospital... Or any other location prior to the current 'sightings?' What you describe could be a 'nature spirit'...something dealing with the earth... It may also be an animal spirit... There are two many unanswered variblies... More details would be most helpful.

Respectfully,

Rook
MikeArcAngel (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
I first thought the creature you had seen might have been an imp. But then you said the creature had no ears. It could be a shapeshifter demon. Some demons when they are powerful enough can change shape on impulse. But I don't think it would be a demon. I think if it was, you would have experienced more phenomenon. (Off of the note. What you described reminded me of one of the gremlins from the movies) the only creature I know of that came close to this was a creature reportedly found under mysterious circumstances involving the Blaire witch haunting myths.
Trischa_D (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
I think it's an evil spirit that came through the portal that was opened when you and your friend played with the board. It's attached to that place now, and hopefully it doesn't ever cause any serious trouble. I've never heard of a "small brown creature" running around a house, but- anything is possible. Actually, I think you should look up the creature that was found in Mexico by a farmer. You can google it and find it easy. Pictures will pop up. Check that out and see if what you saw looks anything like it. I don't think it has a name yet- because they have never seen anything like it before. Get back to us and let us know if the creature you saw looks anything like that. I'm curious. Best of luck ❤
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-19)
Miguelito: I can't help reading your posts at the ritm of rap. 😆

NCF: do you know if your friend and/or any member of his family has seen this brown creature when you are not around?
Would it be possible for it to be an animal?

Whatever it is, it was a bad idea to mess around with a OB. I hope no one has to regret that foolish act.
migelito23 (32 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-19)
I think is a demon creature came out from
The ouija board, I hear is like door that let's demons
And evil spirits enter your home.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: