You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Man In The Closet

Real Ghost Stories

Man In The Closet

 

This all happened 6 years ago when I was visiting my great-grandmother's in the free state. I've always been scared of the dark or sleeping alone, so I asked if I could sleep with my aunt and she didn't have a problem. I'm 31 years this year by the way.

The first night wasn't so bad as I had the comfort that I wasn't alone in bed. I heard dragging footstep in the kitchen and the door opening and closing but was too afraid to wake up and investigate or wake my aunt up for something that's not there. I just laid there on the bed listening to this thing/person dragging feet around in the kitchen and opening and closing the doors between the dining room and kitchen. I ultimately fell asleep. The next morning I asked my aunt if she'd heard anything and she said "no".

The second night was what scared me the most. As we laid there sleeping I just suddenly turned and my eyes opened wide and there inside the wardrobe (I could see since the door was half opened) was a dark male figure with red eyes peeping through. Our eyes just met and I couldn't scream or move. I just stared right back at those red eyes and it spoke in Sotho. It said, "I'm not here to scare you but to scare that one" meaning my aunt and I can't remember what happened after or how I fell back to sleep.

I told my aunt about it and we had to sleep with the light on for the rest of my stay. I still can't get the black figure with red eyes hiding in the wardrobe, and my aunt has since passed on after being ill for some time, may her soul rest in peace. I don't just go visit there anymore unless there is a wedding or funeral.

Thanks for reading my story. It feels great sharing with people that can relate to similar incidents.

*Sotho - one of South African languages.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lmoraba, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lmoraba (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-26)
I apologise for the late response but am not always logged on.

[at] Christen luckily I've never seen anything like it again.

[at] missmeggelizabeth, I heard from my mum that my aunt was abusive to her then deceased husband who was haunting her and had caused her to abandon their house and move into my great mothers house

[at] pjs1977 my aunt was a churchgoer am not sure about believer lol. The house is really old and was built on an old farm. My sister and cousins who have lived in the house all their lives have they're stories of the haunting in the house.
christennnc (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-21)
Holy Moly that is scary! I hope that you are okay. Have you seen this creature since then?
missmeggelizabeth (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-21)
It does sound like a demonic creature pure that you witnessed. Do you know whether the house was owned to someone who may not be at rest? Or a like to your aunt maybe?
Shocking story, brave to share it Thankyou.
pjs1977 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-21)
Geez you poor thing lol. I feel real bad you had to see the demonic thing with red eyes. Was your aunt a religious person? Did you ever think you
Might of been dreaming but probably not. Does that house have haunted past? If so you might
Want to look into it. Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: