You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Strange Astral Travelling Experience

Real Ghost Stories

A Strange Astral Travelling Experience

 

About four years ago I moved into a house in Toledo Ohio in a very normal, very quiet neighborhood. I made friends with my next-door neighbor Marsha and after a very short time we became really close.

She had mentioned that she had the ability to astral travel and that she'd done it multiple times. I had also had out of body experiences but I had never managed to move around or go anywhere while out of my body. We joked around about it and made a pact that if either of us managed to get out of our bodies that we'd come and get the other one and go exploring around.

Well, one Saturday morning (I'd say at around 7am or so) I was having a really weird dream. I dreamt that I was flying towards my bedroom window coming from the direction of her house and that she was calling me. She used to call me her "puppy" because she was an older lady and it was kind of like her nickname for me. So in the dream I heard her calling me saying "Puppy! Is that you? Trisch! Puppy!" but as I got closer to my house it became faded and muffled and the next thing I knew I was waking up in bed. I felt drained and tired and I was contemplating this strange dream I had while I went into the kitchen to make some coffee.

About a half an hour later she called me and asked if I had been over at her house. I told her that I had just woken up and that I hadn't been over there. So she tells me that she had been sleeping and that she heard me trying to wake her up! She heard my voice saying, "Marsha! Marsha, wake up! Wake up!" So I told her about the dream I had that I was flying back into my bedroom from her house and that I heard her calling me. It was crazy!

I've never had another experience like that one again. I guess I made it over there to wake her up for an adventure after all!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Trischa_D, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-29)
Hello:

Tweed, thank you for your kind words. Being human, it is emotionally difficult at times. But these spiritual experiences and feeling the comfort and support from the other side help to ease the duress, and are part of my journey.
It is nice to be able to communicate with others here who understand and can help one another process these things.

Biblio, I did seem to recall the connection between Theta waves and these experiences, but my memory has faded (just a bit) over the decades.:)

Trischa, Tweed makes a good point about it becoming easier to achieve and control with experience. For me, it is a deep or meditative type of prayer that seems to get me there and keeps it positive.
I think it must have been very exciting for you to get validation from Marsha.

Blessings,
Lynev
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-26)
Hi, Trischa:

I know how irritating it can be to have an OBE but only discover the fact afterwards! ("I did it!...damn, why didn't I do something more interesting to remember?").

WinPu: REM sleep is a high percentage of Delta waves in the brain. The 'in between' which Trischa describes is the beginning of the higher-frequency Theta wave dominance in the brain's activity.

-Biblio.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-24)
Winipu,

I'm so moved by both what you're doing and the energy in your home right now. Bless all of you for your beautiful attitude toward the ghosts in your home during this time. Your friend must be very comforted to have you, as well as her loved ones on the other side. I'm just so moved by what you're doing and going through together.
Regarding OBE, I think it's like a key in a lock. Once you unlock the ability, such as you and Trischa describe, you can call on the ability again. A bit like muscle memory. It seems like having positive ghost activity heightens the right frequencies within us to be able to better control and experience OBE.
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-24)
Hello:
Tweed, this particular OBE was the most vivid, in-control, detailed I have ever experienced and was life-changing; which is why I can understand why Trischa felt the need to write it down and share it. I also have wondered about the specific type of "sleep" it is; whether it is REM and which type of brain waves are most generated during these experiences. Today I mentioned my experience to Carolyn, the terminally ill friend staying with us. She told me she was really questioning whether she would make it during those days (last week) when I was having this cluster of OBE experiences. So, I have to believe there is a connection. Even when the house is empty it "feels" full. I know that her loved ones on the other side are present to help, comfort, and provide assistance during this difficult time. This evening I even "felt" a specific person who I described to her in great detail. She told me it is a beloved aunt that she was closest to. There were others, but the aunt was the one that came forward the strongest. We are all seeing small flashing lights, unusual noises, and passing shadows around the house, but we are comforted by it rather than being frightened. We know why they are here and are grateful to know they are present.
I do hope to have more OBEs. Other than the fatigue afterwards, it was a very pleasant experience.
Blessings to all,
Lynev
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-23)
WiniPu, bless you for taking care of your loved one during this time. That can't be easy.
I agree, it makes sense that you would be able to project more readily because of the spirit activity around you now.

I just wanted to add that I feel drained after astral projection. Always assumed it was because we're not in a proper 'sleep mode'. I can't imagine doing it for 9 hours straight, that is extreme and must have been exhausting!
I really love what you say about making your faith part of your subconscious.
By the way I had to chuckle at you whizzing past that woman saying "I'm a real person"!
It's interesting to think how many people out there are projecting, and maybe some don't even try. Or have never even heard of astral projection.
Completely agree with you on the subject of physics too.
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-05-23)
Hello, Trischa:
I have had many astral traveling (or out of body) experiences, and was surprised to see your story simply because this past week was the first one I've had where I was completely in control and recalled everything. I found it interesting that you said you felt drained.
I "projected" out as soon as falling asleep around midnight, and it felt like I came back immediately before awakening the following morning. It felt like I had been gone no more than an hour, when in actuality it was about nine hours. I was so drained that I wound up sleeping much of the afternoon, after writing my experience into a Word document. I have had many experiences like yours, and have others ask me if I "dreamed" with them. I have had others tell me I told them things (during "dreams") that they could not have known, and sometime things I did not wish to tell them.
These experiences have been becoming much more frequent as of late, but have happened all my life. They seem to intensify when I have someone terminally ill living with me (like now). I believe it has something to do with the spirit guardians, guides, angels, ancestors, or whatever spiritual beings are around them during this transitional time.
During this last OBE I interacted with and observed many others. They seemed to be in varying levels of consciousness. Some seemed preoccupied, like in a dream state, some noticed me and some did not. There were a few others that were seemingly consciously aware, and those were the ones I tried to communicate with. I wanted to find out if I was in this timestream on earth, or in an astral plane; i.e, like a different dimension. I do recall while being "pulled back" flying past a woman who looked surprised, and me calling out to her from above that "I'm a real person!". I assumed she thought I was a ghost and wanted her to know that I was not.
Having had many of these experiences and learning things I could never have known, I am now of the belief that they are real experiences but would like to know more about the science behind them, such as multi-dimensional physics theories like the string theory where there are up to 26 dimensions in the universe. I think many of these things will be explainable by science in the future, but we are in the infancy of just beginning to understand them at this point on the timeline. I would not even be interested in such things if I had not first experienced unexplainable events. I have often wondered if some of the "ghosts" we see are actually astral projections.
Anyhow, you are not alone in your experiences nor in your speculations. There is still so much about our world that we don't yet know. For me, it was a life-changing experience that I hope to become better skilled at and repeat. I always pray for protection before sleeping, and have rarely had anything unpleasant occur. By strengthening my faith, I have even found that while in a projected state I now invoke the Divine when anything questionable occurs. For me, I have found it necessary to practice my faith often enough to get it into my subconscious so that in an altered state I automatically turn to it for strength.
Blessings,
Lynev
Trischa_D (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-22)
I did leave work but I couldn't resist checking in on my tablet:) you're right about making your bedroom your haven, but I've always had a hard time sleeping- ever since I was a little, little kid. Sometimes it's the "in between" that keeps me from falling asleep, sometimes it's nerves or an overactive mind. I think the "in between" feeling of falling asleep freaks me out because I've been spiritually attacked in that state before many times. So now I usually just take a sleep aid to speed up the process. I thought about going to see a sleep specialist but I haven't really looked into it yet.

Thx for the advice Tweed:) Your insights have been helpful. I'm stoked about discovering this website and I'm looking forward to many more conversations to come!
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-22)
Trischa, you've probably left work by now, I have a habit of leaving the computer for ages so only just saw your comment.

I've been using Rook's method for maybe 2 months now and it's helped me a lot. Previous to this I mainly used visualization techniques, and still do every day.
We burn a lot of incense in our home and this maintains a good positive energy too.

The in between state, is this when you're falling asleep? If so it could be a natural physical response to relaxing (ironically!). This is when our muscles and mind relax and prepare for deep sleep. However it can also produce 'falling dreams' where you wake up suddenly usually from a nasty dream. For many these nasty dreams involve falling. But it's directly connected to what our muscles are doing. So if you experience this when you've just started to doze, I wouldn't be concerned.
That said, if you feel you have a sleeping problem I would see a doctor about it. Also look into a sleep clinic, if you feel there's a problem.

It sounds also that you're experiencing a bit of anxiety about sleep and possibly insomnia. If this is the case I recommend a strict sleep routine. We are hard wired to respond to sleep patterns. Also if you're the kind of person to do things like watching TV, checking your phone in bed this will also make insomnia worse. Because you will have subconsciously made your bed your 'activity space' and not your 'rest space'.

In my early 20's, as a broke musician, I had pretty bad insomnia. I'd sit on my bed, with a computer keyboard on my knee, the monitor on my piano, the computer tower under the piano, and the mouse beside me on my pillow. What a set up! I'd stay up late playing first person violent computer games and my bed became my 'gaming space' not my 'rest space'. Soon as I bought a desk and chair I could sleep normally again!

So now I tell everyone with sleep problems to make their bed their sanctuary and not their second lounge room.

Essential oils are great too, for relaxing. Lavender is a fave, rub a couple drops on the temples during the day. Then a few drops on the edge of your pillow over night.
Trischa_D (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-22)
No Tweed, I've never done anything like that but from what I've read Rook has a pretty good one that maybe I should try out lol.

I never really thought about doing a cleansing ritual or anything like that over my sleeping problem but I suppose it couldn't hurt to try.

I've had some bad experiences in that "in-between" state of vulnerability and it's truly terrifying.

So what do you suggest? I'm all ears. I'm getting off work soon though and won't be on over the weekend. Part of my job is watching cameras so I'm fortunate enough to be able to surf the net while on the job) lol.

So let me know what you have in mind. Thx 😊
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-22)
Trischa, that story has been fascinating me for a while. Personally I would definitely NOT want a ghost sleeping inside me, at all ever! But it's certainly having a positive influence on Rich and Summer and is obviously something they're both happy with.
If you continue to read the comments of that story it gets even stranger lol. But in a good way, I believe.

About astral travel, I've actually never considered the vulnerability we face while we're asleep due to OBE. That is I've never considered the in between state as something to be concerned about. But that's a good point and if your gut is telling you something's not right then listen to it! Do you perform any cleansing/shielding rituals?
I do these every day (through meditation) and a physical ritual about once a week. This is a great idea no matter what, but especially if you're feeling vulnerable.
Trischa_D (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-22)
Tweed: You're right about not astral travelling when it feels unsafe. The problem is that I have a hard time falling asleep because of the feeling of the "in-between" state you go into when it becomes possible to astral travel. It makes me feel very uncomfortable and very...vulnerable, I guess is the word for it. I think I'd just rather be in my body! Lol And I just checked out one of your favorite stories- I think it's called The Ghost Inside Me and I'll tell you what- it's one of the strangest things I've ever heard!

Needless to say, I added it to my favorite list too because it is just that weird! I wonder if Rich and Summer have any more info...
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-22)
Trischa, you're wise not to astral project when you feel unsafe to. If you choose to in the future be sure to protect yourself with a cleansing/shielding ritual. This is a good idea no matter what the circumstances.

Lol My art teacher's experience is very similar to yours. She didn't intend to astral project either. She and her friend were into trying telepathy together at the time, so I guess this had something to do with it.
Trischa_D (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-22)
Thanks for the comments guys:)

Well Tweed, the thing is- I don't remember actually trying in the first place! The only thing I remember is having the dream about flying back to my house and hearing Marsha call my name. Its never happened again and I have never tried to purposely astral project. I lived in a very evil house (and I'm going to submit those experiences as well) at the time, so sleeping didn't come very easy and I wouldn't want to project on purpose because of the entity that was around at that time.

I think it's pretty amazing that one of your teachers used to wake up a friend to go travelling with her- I guess my astral "voice" was too loud to only wake Marsha's spirit up!
Kirk (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-21)
This is amazing! I have astral projected, but I've never gone that far. Thanks for your story.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-21)
Trischa, your story reminded me of something my art teacher used to do with one of her friends.
Have you ever tried it again since this time?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: