You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Ballerina Girl

Real Ghost Stories

The Ballerina Girl

 

This experience mine happened roughly about 2 years ago while I was visiting my then girlfriend. We were getting comfortable on the couch watching some TV when I saw movement out of the corner of my eyes and I looked to the left. At first all I saw was a shadow but then I slowly started to see the apparition of a little girl in ballerina garb twirl like she would at a recital. My mouth dropped open as I watched her dance.

She then stopped suddenly in a way like she was punched in the stomach and was thrown back quite a bit and I saw bright red starting to blossom from her stomach. She then keeled over and fell to her knees and then she disappeared in front of my eyes. My girlfriend asked me what was wrong and then I told her what I had just seen. She then gave me the history about her place.

Turns out there was a family who had once lived in the house in the fifties and there was a little girl in the family that was a ballerina, or at least practising to be one. Her father was a typical fifties drunk. Would beat his wife and sometimes even beat the girl. One night the man came home drinker than usual and wanted to have 'fun' with his little girl. A fight ensued with the father becoming so angry that he took his gun out and shot his own daughter in the stomach.

I was mortified when she finished telling me about the dark history of the house. I believe the girl was a part of a playback residual haunting, having to replay her death again and again. I never saw or felt the father but I think he haunts that house as well. I felt, and still feel, real bad about the little girl ghost.

I asked my girlfriend to take measures to help the little girl pass on though I don't know if she did. We don't talk anymore and have moved on, but I still think of the little girl, in a pink dress spinning and spinning and then bam! Dead.

Thank you for reading my latest story, oh and make sure to comment:D

Other hauntings by MikeArcAngel

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MikeArcAngel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Zephyrin (4 stories) (19 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-06-02)
I like what Tweed said about it being a "symbolic performance". My understanding of spirits is that they often appear to us in order to ask for help (prayer) so they can move to the next realm. The transition can take much longer without the potent prayers of the living to speed things along. The opportunity to show themselves tends to be brief, either because it uses a lot of their energy, or because we generally get instantly scared and shut our eyes or run away. So they make the most of that moment by using symbolism to say what needs to be said.

She wanted you to know she was a girl who loved ballet during life, so she appeared to you dancing in a ballerina outfit, and she also wanted you to know that she was shot, so she showed you that as well. I don't think it has to mean that she was dancing around when she died. You were then able to use the details she gave you to later verify that she was a person who did exist, and not just something you imagined. Knowing that allows you to take her seriously, and possibly give her the help she requires. That is my take on your story.
abbykay_luv (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-29)
thats cool. I think what you witnessed was something people often refer to as time... Have forgotten the actual word...lol
Did your girlfriend also experience it or only you did? If only you, then I guess you might have some psychic abilities. Nice story
MikeArcAngel (2 stories) (21 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-05-29)
To answer the question of why I thought the father was there as well even though I couldn't see or feel him at the time was because most of the time when I was at my then girlfriends house I would feel scared as soon as I stepped inside. I could say I'm sort of a medium. I can sense entities. I can't detail them but Ivan sense them. It doesn't always work either. But it does work a lot. But I swear that house always gave me the Heebie Jeebies. Even when I firsts looked at it before going inside for the first time. Scientifically speaking my feeling of dread could be explained off by something like faulty wiring considering the age of the house but I still think what I saw and believed was real.
MikeArcAngel (2 stories) (21 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-05-29)
To the skeptics I say this. I value your scientific explanations and opinions. I also agree that she didn't get killed by a shotgun at blank range. As recalled in my story I was just relating what my then girlfriend told me of what happened. It was her side of the story. I sort of took her story with a grain of salt. The only two three things that matched up in her side of the story were the girl the father and the girl dying. I think it more possible she was stabbed or something in that regard. So thanks for your opinion Tweed:) and thank you for everybody else's comments as well. I have other experiences to share. All of them yet to be written.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
The only thing I have to say is that, that is a horrible way to die. Thanks for sharing your story. 😊
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
Miracles I know what you mean. I'm optimistic there's enough good ghosts and entities out there who take care of such victims in the hereafter. 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
Tweed - thanks, that makes me feel better 😊 Children and abuse, death, etc really gets to me. Bad. Sometimes it's hard to get the images out of my soul 😢
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
aww Miracles I highly doubt she's reliving anything.
To my mind this is either:
1) Some sort of poltergeist.
2) Mike had a vision or psychic experience but did not see exactly what happened, only the overall message of what happened.

Reason I believe this is because the details of what Mike saw don't add up.
Let's break it down:

"She then stopped suddenly in a way like she was punched in the stomach and was thrown back quite a bit and I saw bright red starting to blossom from her stomach. She then keeled over and fell to her knees and then she disappeared in front of my eyes. "

For a child to be shot at close range by any gun, including a pistol, would result in them being thrown back.
Bright red starts to blossom from her stomach. Given that she's wearing a, presumably tight, leotard and that the force from a gun shot throwing one back is not enough time for blood to pool around the entry wound this scenario is highly unlikely.
She then keels over and falls to her knees. Another unlikely scenario. Any child, or adult for that matter, shot at close range with enough force to throw them back a way will have lost all balance control. Plus she is shot from the front. We know this because she's thrown backwards. She would not have fallen to her knees. Most likely furniture or walls would have broken her throw back and she would have collapsed violently into something.
In real time a close range gun shot to the stomach plays out in half a second. Real blink and you miss it stuff.
What Mike saw was a symbolic performance, not an actual death.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
Dear Lord, we can only hope that she isn't reliving it 😢 Makes my heart break to think that could be a possibility.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
I guess something like that is possible... Its an intreasting theory to say the least. Even it it is 'spliced residual memories' let us hope that it is a true residual and the little girl is not 'stuck' repeating the happiest and worst moments of her life becasue she does not understand she is dead.

Respectfully,

Rook
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
Exactly! Shew, sometimes I have way too many thoughts in my head for a single one to make it through coherently 😆
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
Ah...I see something like 'Happiest Moment' being getting costume for first recital... Showing it off, overlapping with the worst moment... Wearing same costume and being shot. (Sorry about being 'blunt'). Is that what you are trying to describe?

Respectfully,

Rook
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
rook - the outfit I can understand. If she was truly practicing to be a ballerina or even if it was a just a dress-up costume, I can see her wanting to wear it all the time.

Since I don't know exactly how residual hauntings begin, I was thinking that maybe two different events were the most memorable in her mind and that's why she's replaying them. I didn't necessarily mean a time slip per se, but more of two different days maybe that are spliced together to be one. Is that the same thing?😕

Still don't think I'm getting in words what my mind is trying to say.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
Miracles,

I understand what you are getting at, its the fact that the girls 'costume' does not change... At least the way the O/P has related this it 'sounds' as if a single horrorific moment in time was captured.

A time slip, at least the way I understand them, conveys more details... One does not simply 'watch' it but can interact with-in it... The Gardens of Versailles have stories of time slips... There are even a few on this site... Couples while traveling in a forign country stop and stay at what they think is a 'theme' hotel... Only to return the next year and descover that no such hotel has exsisted (sp?) in that town for decades or even longer... Then there is my own experience...http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=4246... Is 'time slipish'...

Who knows, you may be right... Either way its a tragic story to be sure.

Respectfully,

Rook
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
rook - that was one of two scenarios that played out in my mind. I also considered a time difference in the two incidents.

I'll try and explain it to where it might make sense. One day (time) she was dancing, happy, and then another day she was shot (if that is what happened). But the two incidents play out in what appears to back-to-back 😕
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
I had one other thought concerning the little girl dancing... It may have been her way of 'shutting out' or distracting herself from Mom and Dad and all the fighting.

Again, I hope she has 'crossed over' and is at peace.

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-27)
Lady and Val,

Two things come to mind as to why she may have been dancing...

Dad, being mean drunk came home and was making her dance and being late at night its what started the fight that night

OR

The young girl was dancing... Trying to distract her angry, drunk father in an attempt to keep him from hurting her mother.

Either way I hope she has moved on and what the O/P saw was a true residual haunting.

Thanks for sharing this experience with us.

Respectfully,

Rook
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-27)
Like Tweed and lady-glow, I'm at a total loss as to why the child would be dancing during a fight. It just feels to me as if your (then) girlfriend had some facts mixed up. Or perhaps some element is missing.
Putting that aside, it does sound residual. However what makes you think that the father would still be there?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-27)
Just like Tweed I do not understand why the little girl would be dancing if her parents were fighting. 😐

What makes you think the father could be haunting the house? Are you sure he has died?
Do you know if your ex girlfriend ever saw the little ballerina or had any other supernatural experience in her house?
Other than surprise, did you feel any changes in the energy of the room? Did your girlfriend feel anything?

Have you tried researching if the story of the murder really happened?
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-27)
Hi Mike,

I agree with Missmegge about residual haunts. The little girl is somewhere totally unaware of what you encountered.
I'm very miffed about the twirling however. Based on residual hauntings being 'playbacks and feedback loops', if a fight ensued why the heck was she dancing?
Maybe what you saw was down to poltergeist activity.
missmeggelizabeth (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-27)
Such a sad story, and it's even more terrible that now a residual imprint is playing this death scene over and over again.
I would say that it is replaying an event that the spirit has moved on but the energy of the death hasn't. The girl will be safe now, it would just be the house that is holding on to that energy. There wouldn't have been anything you could have done.
The father on the other hand, if he still haunts the property, that will be because he can't move on the better place so if he did move on it would be to a sort of 'hell'. Meaning the better option is the stay in this world.
So sad for what had happened and that you witnessed this, Thankyou for sharing
migelito23 (32 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-27)
Sad story about this little girl dancing and then got shot
By his own dad. I hope god forgives that man for killing his
Own daughter, its real sad for this little girl to endup like that.
Thanks for sharing your story...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: