You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: White Man Who Stands And Stares At Me

Real Ghost Stories

White Man Who Stands And Stares At Me

 

I live in rural Washington. This happened when I was about fifteen (five years-ish ago). My house is at the end of a long driveway, it's probably roughly 10 to 30 feet before you can reach the house.

Usually there is a light at the entrance to the driveway, one of the lamps that the county sets up. It can light up the driveway at night when it's set up, but earlier this year the light had gone out and the lamp had fallen apart. If the lamp goes out there is no source of light for our driveway. And the entire thing is thrust into pitch blackness. You can't see anything from our gate to our house. And to describe where I live saying it's in the middle of nowhere is an understatement. I only have three neighbors on my street. During most of the year, like birds, they flock to the south, Mexico or Arizona. Anyway, out here, a place like this, the cops are 30 minutes away and we're pretty far out in the hicks, so it's not really a safe place to walk around at night.

I guess to this guy it was. Anyway, as I was saying, pretty much there is no source of light for miles in this area besides the streetlamps. Ours was out, so it should have been pitch dark from where I stood to the end of the street.

I had to go out that night to get something from the car, it must have been something I really needed because I hate the dark. I'd never volunteer to walk around in it unless I had to. I ran out really quickly and opened the car door, grabbed whatever it was shut it and was headed back in, but I turned around and there was a white man standing in my driveway.

Like I said before the driveway is quite a distance from where we park the cars. If he had been any closer I might have screamed or something, but I guess to judge the distance think about 6 or 7 car lengths away from me.

I know it was a man because he had the shape of a man, at least a silhouette if that's how you want to put it. I don't have great vision for faraway things, but I know there was a man in white standing in my driveway that night. I know this because there is no source of light to come in that direction, there are no dogs or animals tall enough to make that shape and he was white like a Christmas tree light. A solid shape, but pale white.

I was scared because at first I thought he was the man I had encountered earlier that week. When I looked at this figure standing at the end of my driveway, my first thought was this homeless guy who had followed me a few weeks ago. But the person at the end of my driveway wasn't moving, just standing there staring right at me. He wasn't someone out for a walk or just here to look around at the flowers and trees or anything like that. I don't know what he came to my house for but I didn't stick around to ask.

I never broke eye contact with him, at least I think. I looked straight back, not looking away, and backed down the way I came quickly as I could. I shut the garage doors behind me and made a break for the front door. I don't know who was standing at the end of my driveway that night but there's no way I'll ever be convinced he wasn't there.

I ran inside and yelled to my mom "Mom, there's a man in the driveway!" She just looked at me and said "Anna, there isn't a man in the driveway" and even though I insisted she just brushed me off and said there was no way there was a man standing in the driveway. She said the guy who followed me earlier that week was just making me nervous.

Thinking back, I now have a reason to believe white man and stalker homeless man were never the same person. I believe this because homeless men have no reason to be standing in my driveway waiting like that. No matter how stalkery they are, they can't know where I'm going to be. That and white man had the ability to disappear because he was gone the next time I looked outside the window that night.

Whoever he was I never forgot the night I saw him, and I don't think I ever will. I suppose I'd better count myself lucky that it wasn't homeless stalker man actually. Even if he was just a regular Joe out for a walk and this had nothing to do with the rest of what I've seen, I guess I'd better describe that story because... A part of me feels like this might have been the first time I've seen one in person. Or been that close to one... I know it sounds so made up, and I don't have anyone to prove it, but I can tell you that something like that isn't something you forget.

This is my second experience with a white man. It was late, I was having trouble sleeping, and laying wide awake in my bed late at night.

I was laying to the left when my fingers started to move. I know what you're thinking "Um yeah fingers do that..." So here's the problem. I was lying pretty still with my iPod in one hand and my other hand open beside the pillow, and they just started to move on their own, I wasn't doing it I mean. Inwards and outwards. Like someone was pulling at them. I stared at them for a while, and I got kind of annoyed, I thought maybe it was just one of those weird perks on your body. But at the same time I was annoyed because of how fast and fluent the movement was. Like I said before, almost like someone was pulling them. Also because a few weeks before that I woke up to what I thought was the feeling of someone kissing me, and I had brushed that off already.

Thinking it was a vivid dream that had just somehow pushed itself into my waking world. I had tried forgetting about it and thinking I was imagining the feeling. But just like anything else I still remembered it. After I stared at my fingers for a while, I turned around to the other side of my bed and they stopped moving... Well themselves. It's not like I couldn't move them after that.

But here's the part that scared the living "bleep" out of me. I turned around on my back and sat up a little higher, and I caught a glimpse of my desk, and I thought when I first saw what I thought I saw it was a trick in the light. I leaned up a little higher so I could look right at my desk thinking it would fade away and I'd be able to see it was a stack of books or drawing pads or something. But what I thought I saw didn't change when I adjusted my eyes.

I looked over and I thought that I was looking at a man, in a robe, leaning on my desk. A silhouette of a man anyway, a really tall, vivid silhouette. For a few seconds I didn't want to move because I thought if I moved the man by my desk would move too. But it scared me enough that I sat up and quickly as I could and switched on the light. And I looked back, there was nobody there. Not sure what I was planning if there was a man there, maybe a serial killer. "I'll kick your butt with the power of light" he would've killed the "bleep" out of me. But then, like I said before, after I switched on the light there wasn't anyone there.

After that I went out to the living room and shut off all the lights because I thought I'd have to tell my sister something if she saw me switch on the light. I had to have a reason to do that right? Also, I didn't really want to be in there anymore.

I sat on the living room couch and collected my pillow and I tried sleeping on the couch and even though I was exhausted I kept thinking of my sister. Who was still in our room. I'm not sure if she was awake for any of it really. But I thought, if whatever I saw had any truth to it, there's no way I can sleep in here and leave her in there. So I came back to my room and slept.

I spent all day telling myself that I was seeing things, and over the course of the next few weeks, kept turning off the lights in my room and looking at my desk, thinking I had stacked some paper in a weird way. But no matter how I looked at it, it just seemed like a regular desk in the dark.

So there you have it, my experience, a white man who... Stands still and stares at me. This is taken directly from a document I wrote where I keep track of everything weird that happens to me.

I grew up in a family that doesn't believe in the supernatural under any circumstances, my sister is also atheist, my brother and me are agnostic. If I even put on a supernatural TV show they will usually say things like, "You don't actually BELIEVE them do you? This is so fake."

I spent a long time pretending everything I saw wasn't real, and it wasn't happening. I told myself I was imagining it, and that I was mentally ill or something. I spent a really long time scouring any source I could find on mental disorders, but no matter where I went I only found dead ends.

I would really appreciate it if nobody would tell me that I'm crazy for this but, if you are a skeptic type, please be polite about it. Besides that, any theories about why I have seen this guy standing and staring at me would be really helpful.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Akaitsuki, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Akaitsuki (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-07)
Rook-
I understand what you mean now, I guess it is possible he was passing along a message, I'll think more on it. Thanks
Sao-
The lips. It was very very weird. I thought it might be a vivid dream/sensation thing? But I've never had lucid dreams before.
Tweed-
That is a very touching thought, If that's the message he was trying to convey, it would make a lot of sense. Looking into culture in my area and what the kiss might mean is a fantastic suggestion, I'll look into that as soon as I can. Thank you.

Thank you everyone so much for your help and suggestions! It means a whole lot:)
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-04)
Hi Akaitsuki, I really enjoyed reading your experience. Thanks for sharing it.

I agree with Rook. That this man you saw was trying to convey a message of sorts pertaining to something in your life at this time.
Elders may refer to native tribes which may have inhabited your area in days gone or maybe even today. Or elders could refer to any number of other faiths and cultures. Perhaps this man was confirming something which you felt within yourself. Something on the paranormal side of life, which you, at the time, may have felt at odds with your non-believer family members. Maybe he was there to simply show you it's ok to be open minded to the spirit realm.

The kiss you felt, if it was him, could hold significance to his beliefs. Running with the elder theory, you could look into your local Native American history and the beliefs held by these people. The kiss may have been akin to such greetings/farewells/celebrations/comforting gestures in a lot of European countries.
saoirse12345 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-04)
i know this a weird question, but was the kissing sensation, on your lips or forehead?
Because if not on the forehead,that's really disturbing!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-04)
Your reply is just fine... Basicly what I meant was this... Were you 'looking for answers' to a difficult question (s) or maybe concerned about a decsion you needed to make?

So no significant 'life changes' for anyone in the family soon after these experiences with the 'white man'. That makes me think 'he' was appearing As an attempt to 'tell you something' about something personal you were worried or concerned about.

Respectfully,

Rook
Akaitsuki (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-04)
Rook I don't quite understand what you mean by seeking answers and prayers. I'm an agnostic and haven't prayed to anyone or anything in quite some time, I don't know who the elders are or what guidance you mean. Sorry.
Also to answer your first question none that I can think of come to mind. My family does not believe in the paranormal either.
I can't figure out how to post replies...
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-02)
Akaitsuki,

You recall these two events very vividly... My question to you is this... Did anything significant happen within your Family after either of these experiences?

OR

Had you been 'seeking answers' concening 'issues' by using the 'power of prayer'...'praying to the elders'...'asking for guidance'? (For some reason my 'gut' is telling me these 'sightings' have more to do with this type of situation... But that's just me.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: