You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Thirst

Real Ghost Stories

The Thirst

 

My name is Lakshiat Rattan and I would like to share my experience which I witnessed during my trip. So it 29-5-2014 (I remember the date because of what happened to me that day) and I was enjoying my trip in Manali along with my mom and dad. Manali is a town settled in the middle of Himalayas, specifically in Himachal Pradesh. It is known for its natural beauty and picturesque scenery. Well, it had been 4 days and now I was quite bored of that place so I requested my father to go to Rohtang. Rohtang is place ahead of Manali. It is a snow covered peak opened for tourists. After some discussion, he agreed.

We decided to hire a cab. The weather was clear. It was quite a long journey but we reached on time. There was a hoard of tourists there. We enjoyed there for almost an hour or two (because you cannot stay more than 3 hours as there is shortage of oxygen there).

It was already dusk and we hadn't even crossed half of the way because of the heavy traffic jam on the way, due to large number of tourists going (I must tell all my friends who don't know about Himachal that the traffic jams in Himachal could last from one hour to half a day, as there are one way roads there). Then suddenly, I noticed an empty intersection road which was also going down the hill. The thing which confused me was that no one was using THAT particular road so I asked the driver about it.

He told me that he was also new here and didn't knew why the people avoided that road although he knew that this road went down the hill only. Then my father suggested to go through that road otherwise it would take a long time going the main one and so the driver agreed and he turned the vehicle. While we we turning, I heard shouts of drivers of other cars not to go from there, but I ignored them. I hoped I shouldn't have done that.

It was 12 a.m or so and we were still on our way. Then through the front of the car I, in fact all of us, saw a weak man asking for us to stop. Dad asked the driver to stop. Dad opened the window and the man requested if he had some water. We didn't hesitate. The water bottle was in my hand and I was sitting on the back seat. I opened my window and started to pour water on his cupped hands. And to my surprise, I saw that the water passed through his hands like his hand were transparent and the water was flowing on the road. I was totally shocked. And then the man again said to me to give him water. I was speechless. And then seeing the flowing water, he screamed so loud that it pained my ears. And suddenly, he jumped out through the mountain. I didn't had the courage to go out and see where he fell. I was almost paralyzed for a moment. I wasn't able to think, speak, sense, hear. All the people in the car were totally speechless.

Then after a moment, I was able to feel myself. I told the driver to go as fast as he can. He sped up and in two hours we reached in Manali. And that two hours were like years for me. And the next day, we were off to home sweet home.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lakshit-rattan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lakshit-rattan (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-18)
To masterchief21:
I'm afraid that the legend which I shared seems quite identical to the one which you gave in the blog, but I shared the legend on the basis of what I was told. I accept that mistake. But you cannot consider my experience as a false one. I am not trying to offend anyone, but my experience is totally true. And for it's justification, I openly request anyone to visit the place and notice the road. And then you'll decide whether it is true or not. Please if you don't believe in my story, you can yourself visit the place and conform it. Hope this helps you masterchief21.

Reegards:
Lakshiat
masterchief21 (2 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-08-12)
I am sorry to say but the story the author gave in comment in support of his above story is false and iiseems to be made up by the author.
The original story about the truck driver and cleaner is not of Rohtang Pass, but of the Gata Loops which is on Manali-Leh highway somewhere 200-250km ahead of Rohtag Pass. Many people have seen a person begging for water there. Even today the taxi drivers, stop and leave a drinking water bottle on a memorial there. You can check that out and even there's a picture of that memorial.
Link to the pic

Www.Vargiskhan.com/articles/the-ghost-of-gata-loops.htmldrivers, stop and
lakshit-rattan (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-12)
Thank you very much sds, and I will surely consider your advice. Appreciate that you liked my story but it's no match to yours. And thank you again for reading my story. 😊 😊 😊
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
Hi lakshiat-rattan, welcome to YGS. I enjoyed your story very much as well as the legend behind it. You did investigate the matter and I appreciate that effort. You are still in your teens and I have gone through your profile. An advise to you. You can be interested in paranormal but be cautious and watchful and don't try to venture into anything that you are not sure about.

Nice experience. Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
lakshit-rattan (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-12)
your most welcome, Miss TinAA, it's my privilege to share it. 😁 😁 😁
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-06-11)
ohh...so this is the legend behind that story. Thanks to share this Lakshiat.
😊
lakshit-rattan (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-06-10)
sorry to mention you wrongly, MISS Sheetal, sincere consolidences. And thank you again for commenting on my story. 😳 😳 😁
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-10)
Hi, Lakshiat... I am miss not Mrs... Have some time to be a Mrs... Thank you for sharing the story behind this... Really terrific... Why humans are so selfish? 😒
lakshit-rattan (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-10)
Mrs. TinAA, I read the story which you gave the link. It was a terrible one. Thank you for introducing me to that story.

Cheers! 😁 😁 😁
lakshit-rattan (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-10)
no, no good ghosts, I don't care about the long comment, in fact i'm feeling good you shared your experience with me. Thank you very very much.
lakshit-rattan (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-10)
thank you very much Mrs. Sheetal, Mrs. TinnAA, good-ghosts and Lusa. Well I would like to share the legend behind what happened to me. It is a true one as I have heard it from the manager of our hotel in Manali.

The legend:
I actually asked our Hotel manager who was living there for 40 years something about the weak man and to my surprise, he told me that there was a reason why people don't use that road. Actually, long time back, the empty road was used as the main road. Once there came a truck full of goods with it's driver and a clean man who looked after the truck. While they were on there way, it started snowing heavily and they came
To know from their dealer who was ahead Rohtang that the road has been closed due to heavy snowing
(they usually do it in India). So the driver went to the nearby search for a nearby village for
Shelter until it was snowing and asked the clean man to look after the truck until he was away.
And so, the driver, after some trepidation, found a village. He rested there for two or three
Days without thinking about the clean man. And when the snow was cleared and the highway opened,
He went to the truck and found his clean man dead in it. He might have died of starvation and thirst
In it. He could not tell it to anyone and so, he threw his body off the hill. And from that day,
People who came late night on highway experienced a man begging for some water. And they also
Witnessed the same thing as we did. So they constructed another highway and this one was emptied. I was shocked to hear that.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-09)
hi, Lakhshiat... Damn scary story!... And Tinna thanks for the link... Mountain place has scary incidents so they become ghostly... Would like to know the story behind the man...
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-09)
Hi Lakshiat, nice to read your story... Fortunately the ghost of thirsty old man did not harm you. But its rather a scary experience. Its surprising that knowing the history of place why there are no any warning signs on the road. It should be actually.!
Well there is one more story about same place Manali - Rohtang on YGS... Below is the link for that story.

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=5006

You may read it... Its well narrated and scary as well.

Anyway,Thanks to share 😊
good-ghosts (6 stories) (42 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-09)
Scary incidence! I have some memories attached with rohtang pass.
In 1998 november, my family had been there, we were in a bus. Something happened with other tourist bus, it skit and was half on the road and half in the valley blocking the road. We were stuck all night until army soilders came to our rescue. Few couples travelling in our bus chose to walk all the way down to kullu. In the morning, we saw one of the couple with police and asked them the matter. They said a couple just disappeared while walking down the hill. Only 6 people among 8 made to kullu on the same road you mentioned.
I am not sure was it any wild animal, or ghost, or they fall of the cliff. But they said they were together all the time as it was pitch dark.
From that time I never to places where it snows.
Sorry for the lenght but your incident reminded me of it.
Regards.
LuSA (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-09)
That sounds insanely awesome! Terrifying but awesome! Please do share the legend.
lakshit-rattan (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-09)
your welcome, Mrs. Lady-glow, bone-rose, and redwolf. As per the signs, it is not there because when the government officials went to find about the apparition in the day, they didn't even found a single clue, so they refused to put any sign boards. They say that the road is still functional, but no one uses it. If you wish, I would also like to share the legend behind this incident I couldn't write because it made the story too long.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-08)
I too am surprised and wondering why there is no sign not to use the road. This would be a ghost hunting paradise. Everyone knows that many Sherpas and the tourists they are guiding have died in the Himalayas. Either by lack of oxygen, the cold, or falls. Many bodies have not been found.
Regards & welcome to YGS.
Red
bone_rose (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-08)
That would probably creep me out like no other. There is probably more to this entities story then thirst. Maybe find information on the deaths that may have occurred in the area?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-06-08)
I'm surprised there isn't a sign warning not to use that road or to use it at oneself's risk.
Such a road could be promoted like a ghost hunting attraction. -I would love to see that thirsty old man!

Thanks for sharing your experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: