You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Just Something That Happened

Real Ghost Stories

Just Something That Happened

 

Before I began this happened when I was a kid and a teenager. The house we were living in was added on by my grandfather and my uncles. The only add on was the extra bedroom and and extra living room. We've been living in that house since I was about 3 years old.

Well, time went on my older brother and his wife had already had their own place (the first time). So one day I was in the restroom getting ready for the day until I heard footsteps. My first thought that it was my brother, being that he still had the key to the house. So I didn't say anything. Then, that's when I realised that I never heard the truck door or the house door open (our house door would slam since it was an iron door). But I ignored that incident.

Some time later the footsteps would come back about two weeks later, but this time it was my mom that heard it. She was too scared to say anything since she thought we would think she's going to lose it. After that we never heard it again.

Until my grandmother moved in about two or three years later, it happened again. But, this time we would hear like children playing with a ball or something like that. Then it happened more often. But when I would hear them I would hear (by the way we all would hear it when we were in restroom only because that was the only room close by that had a door) more than one set of foot steps running down the hall. The next time I heard it I heard them laughing and playing. I never would tell them anything because I knew they were having fun.

Then one day I heard them playing then out of no where I heard them stop and they never came back. That was just weird. The way they just showed up out the blue and left out the blue. Thanks for reading my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jflores8777, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jflores8777 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-22)
Well you guys thanks for the comments, my mother actually owns the house, and she still live their today. Well the only person who hear them that I knew of was my grandmother. As far as the previous owners as far as I don't know to much about.
lakshit-rattan (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-11)
Hi jflores8777,

Nice to hear your experience, it is a creepy one. Thank god, it doesn't cause any harm to you. As per the kids, I think they must have died in the house and their soul must be trapped inside it. Anyways, thank you very much for sharing it with us.

Regards,
Lakshiat
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-11)
Hi jflores8777, did you try to find out the history of the place, well prior to your grandfather and uncles bought it. And since every one heard the footsteps while inside the rest room, I thought it might be residual haunting and I was about to ask was there any coincidence in time like on the same hour or minute every day etc. But, you said it stopped one day. Well, now who is living in that house? If you or any of your relatives are still living there, just try to find out if they too have any experience like what you narrated. Please do post it.

Welcome to YGS.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-09)
Hi, do your house/land belong to any bad history/occurrence... Do you feel scariness while you saw and heard them?
LoveOfAbundance (2 stories) (27 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-09)
That is strange. Maybe the ghost children just needed to be heard and accepted. Maybe your kindness in letting them play helped them to move on.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: