You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Weeping Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

The Weeping Spirit

 

This is another of the few experiences I have had with the supernatural. Like the other story I have submitted on this site, I have not shared with many people and it is nice to be able to get it off of my chest.

One night I had a horrible stomachache and couldn't sleep. I was throwing up in the restroom and must have woken up my mother. She came and tended to me with some medicine and before going back to bed she told me to wake her up if I needed anything. I decided to sleep on the couch closer to the restroom just in case. Laying there in complete discomfort I had trouble sleeping.

After closing my eyes for a few minutes trying to fall asleep, I opened them to see a woman kneeling next to my couch. She had the striking resemblance of my mother. It was as though she was in the middle of heavy mourning with tears on her face and her eyes clenched closed. Like my previous experience, she was a still picture.

Again, I am not sure why I did this, but I reached out to touch her. As my hand reached her, my eyes focused past and she melted into the background. For a more full description of this unique disappearing process, please refer to my first experience The Sleeping Apparition.

My theory is that she was a particularly sensitive ancestor of mine that was upset that I was sick. We built the house that we were in so there was no possibility of deaths in the house. The possibility stands though that there was a death in the land that the house was built.

I am curious to hear any theories that might be out there.

Other hauntings by Claust

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Claust, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Claust (4 stories) (8 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-12)
All great theories! It seems we all agree it may have been an ancestor of mine.

TinAA,
I'm glad that you enjoyed my experiences. Unfortunately I have already submitted everything I have witnessed so far. My encounter with the demon was over half a decade ago, but if I see anything else I will be sure to post it.

There something I very vaguely remember from when I was very young. I don't remember enough to make a coherent story though. To be short it was a ghost with tendrils that seemed to spread through my house.

Anyways thanks again!

Claust
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-11)
Hey Claust... Upon reading your story and your description of that lady being sad and resembling to your mother I think it might be one of your relative or person that was emotionally close to you who became sad upon knowing about your illness.
Anyway.,this is your third story I have read today. I would like to read more from you.
Thanks to share 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-10)
Claust - I was wondering if there is a family member, deceased or living, resembles your mom. Going on lady-glow's theory, if there is a living relative who looks like your mom, maybe she could have been having an out of body experience. If not living, then perhaps a deceased relative was checking in on you.

The only other thing that has crossed my mind is a residual event.
Claust (4 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-10)
lady-glow,
That sounds like a good possibility. I never talked to her about it, I only shared the story with a close friend. While I am close to my mother I am very hesitant to share my experiences because they feel almost too intimate. That is why I share them anonymously on this site.
Thank you for your response!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-09)
Hi Claust: it is possible that your mother had an out of body experience and was looking after you while her physical body was resting in bed.
Did you ever talk to her about this incident?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: