You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost In The Fog

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost In The Fog

 

I wasn't planning on sharing this story. It isn't the most exciting and interesting, and you could even say that it is generic. I figured since I shared a couple experiences already, I might as well share everything that I've seen.

I was camping next to a river with some friends. It was in the early morning and I needed to go relieve myself so I exited my tent. A thick fog had set and gave the early morning an eerie feel. After finishing, I started to head back towards the tent.

There was a fire pit that we had used the previous night with some logs set around it to sit on. I was startled to see the figure of a person sitting on one of those logs. The fog was thick enough that I couldn't tell who it was but I was certain that it was a person that I was seeing.

As a neared the figure, expecting to see a friend that had gotten up early, the person vanished. Spooked, I went back to the tent in the company of my still-sleeping friends and attempted to go back to sleep. As I lay there I thought of the two other experiences I had in the past.

This encounter was different because it was less personal and made a lasting impression on me. I couldn't stop thinking about it for days and it made me feel uneasy most nights.

The friend I told this experience to took it lightly and said that it was most likely just an illusion from the fog. I probably would have said the same thing if somebody told me a story like this.

I wish I could say that the fog played tricks on my eyes, but I can't deny the fact that what I saw was a person sitting on that log and that this person vanished before my eyes.

My guess is that it was a drowning victim. As it is a frequently used river for rafting and tubing, it has claimed its fair share of lives.

Other hauntings by Claust

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Claust, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-11)
May ahve been a drowning victum... I may have even been a nature spirit checking to make sure the Fire was out. Or purhaps just the fog playing tricks on your eyes... Without colaberation... A photo... Another witness... This is just a personal experience that may never be fully understood or explained.

Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-11)
Hey Hi Claust... Let me tell you that your story is very interesting. About that mysterious figure you saw I guess it was the ghost... May be the same thing that you said... The ghost of any drowned person...well...whatever it was... It is scary to know that you witnessed that.
Thanks to share 😊
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-10)
Yes, I do shared it in one of my post. The story title is "Nishi".

Regards
Claust (4 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-10)
sushantkar,
Yes I've heard a great deal of river-related ghost stories. That sounds like a really nasty attack you had have you shared it?
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-09)
Hello Claust! It was really quite spooky. In the early morning and late evening, generally, the souls of dead persons are quite oftenly visible near the river sore of those who were either killed or thrown or as you said drowning victim. I too attacked once by a malicious ghost called 'Nishi' and I suffered form high fever and continuous ordeals whenever I go to sleep.
It was good to read that he doesn't harmed you and vanished.

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: