You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Demon Attack

Real Ghost Stories

Demon Attack

 

I am a religious man and I believe in demons and the like. I believe that they are jealous of our physical bodies and wish to harm us in any way they can, such as tempting us to sin and in some cases possessing our bodies. This particular night I learned that they are able to express themselves so that we are aware of their presence as a way to frighten us and vent their hatred.

This is a short experience to relate but it was the most memorable one to me. It was terrifying and I hope I never have another one like it again.

As I mentioned before, I am a religious man, and I was on a mission trip for my church. One night I woke up completely unable to move. My hair is rising just thinking about this. In the middle of my bedroom there appeared to be a giant heat wave. It moved from side to side and obscured everything that was around it.

No, I didn't see a horrible demon or some monster, but with the hate and pure horror that I felt I might as well have seen the devil himself standing there in front of me.

This lasted for too long. I couldn't move and all I could do was watch this blurry wave move around the room. I was crying from the fear and the fact that I was powerless to move. The horrible feelings that seemed to emanate from this being were too much.

I prayed to our Father in heaven intensely that I would be free from this power. I don't know why I didn't think of that earlier. Almost immediately I regained my ability to move and the presence was gone. Besides the residual fear of the experience I felt no more evidence of that tormentor. I laid awake for most of the night until I finally fell asleep at some point.

I can't express enough the pure terror that I experienced that night. I am a firm believer that there are many things that we as a human race just do not understand.

Other hauntings by Claust

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Claust, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-16)
Claust,
I hope you feel better. What you experienced I wouldn't wish on anyone. Do you feel that this happened to you because you were on a mission trip for your church? I hope not and I hope that you keep doing good work for your church.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-15)
Claust, I feel for you, I really do. Like you said whether it was nightmare or demon it left a lasting impression on you. It may have been a lucid dream as well, but I think you said it best, when you said, "... There are many things that we as a human race just do not understand."
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-15)
GoldPhoenix - I'm pretty sure you've been warned (by me) about your comments. You can get your point across without being rude. If you would like to try again, and can be a little more civil, I'll leave the comment. But if you can't, don't bother.
Vasrod (2 stories) (11 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-14)
Sounds like sleep paralysis, to trigger less reactions in the future avoid sleeping on your back (looking at the ceiling). The lack of physical manifestation of the entity is good news, demons tend to be aggressive when in comes to interactions. Try not to make a big deal out of this, keep praying to our Father and I'm sure you won't be having any more experiences. Have a good day/night! 😁
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-11)
Hi again Claust
Well whatever it was... Dream or reality... It was scary and terrifying experience you had.
Thank to share 😊
Claust (4 stories) (8 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-10)
Whether it was a nightmare or a demon it was a very memorable and terrible experience. I am open to the possibility that it was just a dream.
What convinced me that it was more than a dream was that there was no transition between dream and reality. The whole experience felt real and when I was free it didn't feel that I had woken up, but I was just in my room, the same room the blur was moving around in.
Thank you for your responses, and thank you mustafa for your insight on the subject.
mustafa (9 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-06-10)
Bad dreams and sleep paralysis I from demons, that why we have special prayers for and most of evolve around protecting yourself from demons, but it is normal to have nightmares or sleep paralysis, everyone have them at least once in their live, it only becomes a problem when you start to have them repeatedly or worst, when you start to see them while you're having one,it's because you were in a mental state between sleep and awake, that why were you were able to see them, that is why some sorcerers must go into trances just like sleep in order to have contact with djinns and demons, I believe your story
mustafa (9 posts)
-4
9 years ago (2015-06-10)
Yes that was a demon, I see them too, like a black cloud of smoke, usually hovering in my room, the reason why it feels hot because they are creatures that are made out of fire, just like we are from clay, I used to feel that too, the closer they get from the hotter they get, and more paralyzed I become, sometimes I used to feel cold, but it was from sweat not because the room was cold, every time I used to supplicate or mention God they would vanish away,i'm a Muslim so I'm not going tell you to call Jesus, and I was glad that you called God and God alone, I think you don't have a big problem with demons or evil djinns, since you only experienced that in while you are having a sleep paralysis, because they are the ones who are behind that, and I'm talking here about the evil djinns or demons, it was really interesting to say that you felt as a wave of heat, because that how I always feel them, I never felt that cold was coming from them it was the exact opposite exactly like you described, the reason is their origin, read about demons and Djinn about Islam and you will learn more, you will find a story in in this exact site tilted:An Islamic Perspective on Ghosts, it will help you understand, thank you for your story.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-06-10)
Hello Claust, please don't get offended. But I feel, from out of my experience, it might be "sleep paralysis" coupled with a nightmare. Only in such cases, you will be able to have such kind of experience. I don't think it is a demon but "sleep paralysis". It would seem that it has taken ages for it to get it over with but in reality, it is not. If you had a bad dream during such sleep paralysis, you would feel like as if you have been possessed by a demon. This is my opinion.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: