You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Downstairs

Real Ghost Stories

The Downstairs

 

I first off want to say that all of these incidents are 100% real, and not exaggerated at all. I've lived in the same house since I was around 4 or 5 and I am now 19.

Up until about a year and a half ago my room was upstairs with the rest of my family. Our downstairs is a lot bigger and there is more privacy.

Ever since we moved into our house around 15 years ago I have always been scared of the dark hallway in our downstairs that leads to our guest bedroom that we always used as a storage. I would always joke that the room was haunted because it was dark and eerie.

So up until about a year ago I moved my room to the guest bedroom because it was bigger. And here are the incidents that have happened... The first happened while I was trying to fall asleep but I was still coherent and awake, I heard a distinct, loud, camera click go off right next to my ear. It was very clear and loud. The sound put me into such a scared shock that I just laid there under my covers scared to even move a muscle. I eventually fell asleep.

The next incident was the same thing, I was falling asleep and I heard a loud noise of someone clearing their throat. The room was completely quiet and all I heard was a distinct noise of a person clearing their throat. It sounded like it was right next to my bed and I went into the same shock and just laid there motionless. At that point I knew that my room was haunted and that it wasn't just my mind making random noises trying to scare myself.

The next incident was months later, I was sleeping and it must have been around 3 or 4 in the morning when I woke up FREEZING cold. Like I had left the window open even though I don't remember having it open. I thought that it must had been open because I felt a cold wind/breeze. I sat up to close the window right by my bed but the window was already shut.

After this incident I told my mom about everything that had happened and that I was really freaked out. She believed me and told me to pray and just not think about it, there was nothing she could really do.

The next incident happened when I stayed up really, really late (like I usually do) it was around 4am and I was just browsing the internet, watching TV, and I really had to pee, but at night I'm usually too scared to go to the downstairs bathroom because it's super dark and small so I just wait for my stepdad to wake up so I can have some company upstairs to make me feel a little safer... He usually wakes up at 4 or 5 to go running in the morning.

So that morning I heard footsteps upstairs, and usually I can always hear footsteps because I live downstairs and they can be prominent. Anyways, I was hearing loud and distinct footsteps so naturally I thought my stepdad was already awake so I thought it was safe for me to go upstairs and go to the bathroom. I go upstairs and all the lights were turned off which was weird because usually the kitchen light is on when my stepdad wakes up. Well, nobody was upstairs, I go to my parents room and they are both asleep, snoring. As I'm confused and walking back downstairs I hear footsteps on the roof... I run as fast as I can back to my bed and hide under my covers, shaking.

I later on tell my boyfriend everything and he thinks it's all bullshiat. He doesn't believe in ghosts and he is really closed minded... Until, one day, he was over and we were just hanging out in my room when I go upstairs to go to the bathroom. As I was in the bathroom I hear him run upstairs and pound on the bathroom door. I go out and I ask him what's wrong? He told me that on my clothes rack, he saw a bunch of hangers start swinging and fall to the ground as if someone had come by and hit them. The look on his face was terrifying and I knew for sure that my house was haunted if my boyfriend had seen that.

That's all that's happened since I moved downstairs, and I'm moving out of my parents' house in less than a week, thank god.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, stepharosem, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

YLissaBearrY (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-16)
Just to make things clear to others, I did suggest that the whole family should move and find another home; but only if things were getting out of hand there and people were being harmed. Though if it was me, I'd try to get my whole family out of there, even if it's not as easy.

But I do agree that maybe this entity possibly wanted your attention, and that's why these events may have happened; as RedWolf said. Still, I'm glad nothing harmful has happened there.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-14)
stepharosem
There is no reason for the whole family to move as YLissaBearryY suggested. Although it is odd that nothing happened until you moved into the room does not mean it's a malevolent spirit. Maybe it was trying to get your attention because it needed help in crossing over. When you moved into the room it felt you are a sensitive and figured you could help it cross over and got frustrated that you weren't helping. If you are still living there I recommend you use Rookdygins cleansing method it is on his profile page. Many people recommend this because it has helped others.
Regards
Red
YLissaBearrY (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-11)
What a coincidence. We have a guest bedroom that I used to joke about it being haunted, but I'd call it "The Ghosty Room" because it sounded cool. But it really was an eerie-feeling room. A roommate has been residing in it for a few years though; and not much of anything paranormal went on in there.

But back to your story. 😁

Those are really, really, strange events. This is honestly why I do not want to live in a two-story house... They seem to be more prone to ghosts, though I'm not entirely sure. And like Lakshiat said, if your parents own the home, you should ask them if something has happened there before. You could also try to do some research on the land that the house is on; maybe you'll find out something interesting. 😲

I'm proud of you getting out of that house... I wouldn't stay there for another night if I could. Though I'd be more persistent on getting everybody out of the house and finding another home; hopefully nothing would follow after.

I enjoyed reading your experience, overall. Thanks for sharing this with us, and take care. 😊
lakshit-rattan (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-10)
a terrifying story, Mrs.Stepharosem. Well, something is really really creepy inside that house. Glad that you changed it. Well, if it belongs to your parents, you should ask them if something happened in that house earlier, something terrible. Because the experiences you narrated are surely not natural. Thanks for sharing it. 😉 😉 😉

Regards:
Lakshiat

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: