You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: A Hairy Little Monster

Real Ghost Stories

A Hairy Little Monster

 

My father is a pastor, so we are always moving to different provinces for my father's ministry. The last place we lived in is in this old Philippine National Railways building (built during Spanish colonial period in 1892). I was 8 years old that time. It was abandoned for many years, so my father's co-pastor lived in here and made this building a church few years before we moved here. There were two pastors who lived in here before us.

As a pastor's kid, I am not new to ghosts and demons. I know they are real because they are in the bible, and my parents have personal experiences about them. So this story is my own personal experience.

It happened when I was 11 or 12 years old. My siblings and I have a separate room from my parents, each of us has separate beds. It was around 2 or 3 AM and I had a difficult time sleeping. It was December that time so the temperature is naturally cold so we had to put jackets. I put my hands up (on the sides of my head) whilst laying in my bed with my eyes closed when suddenly something very heavy fell on my chest. Very shocked, I opened my eyes, and fear suddenly wrapped my whole body when I saw what it was.

It was small (probably a size of a ruler for its height and a half ruler for its width) with black hair all over its body. Even though the lights are turned off, I can see this creature because its hair is very shiny. I didn't see its face, but I can see its arms raised as if it's ready to strangle me. It was sitting in my chest as if riding a horse, face to face with me.

Despite of its small size, it was definitely heavy. I can hardly breathe. I didn't move a muscle, I just stared at this creature even though I couldn't see its face and I know it was looking back at me. I couldn't say a prayer because I couldn't even move my lips. So I just prayed in my mind and rebuked this creature (I know it's a demon) in Jesus' name. And it suddenly disappeared as well as the heavy feeling on my chest.

In the morning, I told this story to my family, and together, we prayed.

Since we moved in this house, we have many paranormal experiences. But among my family, I have the most numerous paranormal experiences inside this house. I will definitely share those stories to you, guys, next time. Thank you for reading!

Other hauntings by Bela_10

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bela_10, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bela_10 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-15)
SpottedCat, Thank you for reading my story and for sharing yours. ๐Ÿ˜Š When did you start seeing this creature and when did it stopped?
SpottedCat (5 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-07)
Bella,
I too have seen something like this on several occasions this year. At times, it looks like a grossly oversized spider with too many (scrawny) legs. The last two times, it morphed into a smallish monkey-like beast, again with too many legs. It has disappeared into the ceiling corners, the wall (if I'm chasing it) or thin air. I am not asleep when I have seen it.

The last time I saw this, I commanded the thing in a loud voice to leave in the name of Christ. It scampered on top of my bed canopy and stared at me with its mouth agape, as if it was surprised that I could see it (again, only in a very dark room.) It was intractable and I exhausted, so I prayed to God to send me an angel to remove the spirits (I had been seeing others) from my home. The next night, more spirits and more prayers for aid. Since then, I have only seen one spirit one time- black smoke in the shape of an angel. Nothing since.

Of course, I could have been hallucinating all that but haven't changed my Rxs so don't have any explanation for why I started or stopped seeing them. Just glad they are gone. Or seem so anyway.
Bela_10 (3 stories) (51 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
Bibliothecarius,

I once heard my father talking about demon babies. He said these "babies" are not actually babies, but rather demons. They take the form of babies or any other person (who died) to place fear in the people's heart.

Sad but true, how can people do such things such as rape? It really hurts me so bad whenever I watch news on TV. My father doesn't miss a chance to remind the congregation about turning away from sins and repentance. And I am really thankful that I have a father just like him. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks for spending time to comment, Biblio. I really appreciate it. ๐Ÿ˜Š

---Bela---
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
Bela, thanks for asking around and giving us the update.
๐Ÿ˜Š

I remember you said that your dad is a minister, so I have no wish to offend you, but the idea of innocent babies (medically aborted, spontaneously aborted, stillborn, etc.) becoming demonically-possessed/inhabited is abhorrent. Why would anyone's God or Gods allow such a thing to happen? I would recommend that you speak with your dad about the cultural superstitions that his congregation may believe in, including God punishing babies for dying!

Your dad is a minister, I would hope, out of a desire to do good in the world and to foster spirituality in others because he finds it rewarding and fulfilling to do so. If these local superstitions are working against his good intentions, perhaps he should think of a polite, compassionate way to address his congregation about "turning away from sin" and " showing kindness and compassion to all." (Imagine how awful it must be for a young woman to be the victim of rape, to wrestle with her conscience when she discovers she's now pregnant with her attacker's child, to have a traumatic -even taboo- surgery to restore some sense of sanity or dignity, and then having friends/family/neighbors whispering that terrifying night-demons are her fault for being raped!). I'm pretty sure that your dad wouldn't want such judgemental gossiping to be a part of his congrgation's beliefs!

Take care and be kind,

-Biblio. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Bela_10 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
Hi rookdygin and Bibliothecarius!

I have asked for the opinions of other people here, and the majority of them says that it was a "tyanak" or a monster baby (mostly the victims of abortion that turned into demon babies). Although for me, it was more likely an animal rather than a baby. I grew up in a family wherein folklore and superstitious beliefs are barely being talked about, so I am really eager to know the explanation of my experience, even if it's scientific or spiritual.

Again, thank you so much! ๐Ÿ˜Š
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-23)
Bela:

As you have described the setting and the sequence in greater detail, we can rule out sleep paralysis. I'm more inclined to lend credence to the idea of the entity being a supernatural creature of some kind. As I pointed out before, I believed your description, I was just trying to find alternate explanations for the events. If this thing disappeared WHILE YOU WERE WATCHING IT, then I'm ready to admit that it was not an animal.

None of the world's creatures capable of camouflage using chromatophores (octopi, cuttlefish, chameleons, etc.) is hairy; the sloth does blend in with its surroundings, but that's because it moves so slowly that moss grows upon its fur. A sloth would never be able to dash away quickly enough to be mistaken for anything else, and it would smell bad enough to get your attention in a confined space, such as your bedroom.

I wonder if there is any folklore or legend which would provide a similar narrative, indicating that whatever happened to you has got local precedent?

Best,

-Biblio.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-21)
Bela,

The stories... The folklore... Would not be about falling or jumping creatures but about entities that are similar in appearance to what you saw that night. Possibly nature spirits... Again Just a guess.

Respectfully,

Rook
Bela_10 (3 stories) (51 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-21)
Rook,

If that's the case, maybe it was caused by something we can't explain, or maybe there are other scientific explanations regarding that. It's hard to identify though. This world is full of mystery. ๐Ÿ˜

There are many folklore here, but regarding those creatures that falls on you from nowhere, I never heard of that before, except from the testimonies of the people from other countries. I hope it was just some animal wandering around our room, or it was just a sleep paralysis (but I know I was fully awake that time). Until now, it makes me scare. ๐Ÿ˜ข

Thank you Rook! โค

---Bela----
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-21)
Biblio,

Hummm...I suppose it is possible... Maybe something like sleep paralisis (sp?) A dream 'not remembered' but real enough the body reacts to the 'impact' of the creature and then the creature 'fades' as the wakeing mind catches up with the body... The only 'issue' with that is the O/P insists they were awake during the whole of this experience.

Bela,

Thanks...but uh... Contrairy (sp?) to scientific reseach this happens most often when I am on my back... A few times when on my stomach and once MAYBE twice when I have been on my side... Each 'landing' seems to be in whatever position my body is sleeping in at the time. I have placed it in the 'spontainious Astral Projection' catagory... Meaning I managed to Astral Project without planning to and the 'falling' sensation is my 'astral body' rushing back into my body as it wakes up...

That is my theory anyway.

From the added information your experience sounds as if it may have been one of three things... Either a small animal got into the home, landed on your chest and in the confusion and 'fear' of being jumped on you did not hear it make its escape OR something manifested and jumped onto your chest, running off just after doing so OR you had actually fallen asleep and experienced a 'vivid dream' which led to a sleep paralisis episode. Here is a question for you... What does the local folklore say concerning nature spirits in the area?

Of course this is only my opinion. Thanks for sharing with us.

Respectfully,

Rook
Bela_10 (3 stories) (51 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-21)
Hi Rook!

I also have an experience of dreaming of falling. There's a scientific explanation to that. We have a high chance of dreaming that we are falling if we sleep facing right or left. If our back is flat on bed, then we have a low chance of dreaming that we are falling because the brain is at balance.
Bela_10 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-21)
Hi Xlchanlx!

So I'm not that only one who experienced it. ๐Ÿ˜ I have watched so many testimonies from different people from different countries having the same experience as mine and your mom's.

Thank you for reading my story! โค
Bela_10 (3 stories) (51 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-21)
Hi Bibliothecarius!

Thank you for reading my story! I'm very impressed on how you analyzed my story. All the information you stated above are true. Philippines has more than 7,000 islands including the three major islands which are Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao. Tarsier are commonly found in Visayas and Mindanao, and rarely found in Luzon. I am from Luzon, Tarlac City, specifically. This place is far away from forests and we are in a city.

Regarding the ceiling, yes, we have a high ceiling. But my room back then was located in the first floor. We are living for almost 15 years here and all we see living in our ceiling are rats and bats. Our room back then was locked.

That creature fell on my chest just a minute after I put my hands up. I was not even asleep that time. And after that creature vanished, I didn't hear any sound. In a split second, it vanished, like a bubble. I knew it because I was just starring at it the whole time.

I hope I answered your questions. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Thank you very much! โค
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-21)
Hi, Rook:

Your idea makes a lot of sense, as you describe your whole body convulsing in reaction to the dream experience (I'm going to have to rely upon your description, as I've never had a falling dream; the few dreams I've had in which I'm airborne I'm flying because I've already died). Would it be possible to have such a dream, but to feel the impact ONLY on the chest, followed by witnessing the hairy apparition?

I was simply trying to troubleshoot the visual aspect of the narrative. If, for example, the OP's ceilings are plaster or sheetrock seven feet above the floor, or the bedroom door was securely closed, the majority of my suggestions are nullified by their failure to account for both the appearance and the disappearance of the entity.

I think we need Bela to clarify some of the details for us, so we both have a clear understanding of her situation at the time.

Thanks for giving me more to consider,

Best,

-Biblio.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-20)
Biblio,

Not sure if this counts but every once in a while I will have a 'dream' where I am falling and when my 'body' reaches about 6-8" above the ground... My body thinckness as I lay on my back or stomach... I startle awake and bounce off the bed... Almost as if I fell from a great height and landed on my bed.

So 'feeling' an impact, for the O/P, may have been due to how 'real' the dream they were haivng was... I AM NOT saying this is what happned... But simply a possiblity based on my own experiences.

Respectfully,

Rook
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-20)
Greetings, Bela.

As I was reading your account, it occurred to me that many people have hallucinated creatures, people, sounds, smells and touches, and I know that people have experienced sleep paralysis; however, you stated, "I put my hands up (on the sides of my head) whilst laying in my bed," then -in the same sentence- with no mention of the time elapsed between keeping your ears warm and the encounter (moments, minutes, hours?) you note that "something very heavy fell on my chest."

1) IF, just seconds prior to this impact, you moved your hands, then the rest of your experience is INCONSISTENT with the "Sleep Paralysis" theory. If more time had passed, then sleep paralysis is a possibility. **However,** sleep paralysis is an experience of pressure and hallucination combined; your statement that "something very heavy fell on my chest" would suggest that you felt an impact of this creature landing on you. To the best of my knowledge, (ANYONE: please correct me if I'm mistaken, here) while it is possible to hallucinate pressure or touch, people don't hallucinate IMPACT.

2) The data at the top of the page and on your Biography page state that you live in the Philippines. Now, one of my friends is a geomorphologist; he told me that the many islands (plural, hence a Single Country with a Plural Noun name) which constitute your homeland are the result of several different phenomena. Primarily, the Philippines are volcanic islands, archipelagoes, and the edges of tectonic plates pushed upward through the surface of the ocean (he'd get really excited about that last bit!). The point is that the Philippines are ideally suited to host a great variety of tropical species, thanks to the lush vegetation flourishing in the volcanic soil. However, some species are native to a few areas -even single islands- of the overall country, whereas others have migrated and spread across the entire area (I'm a nature documentary addict).

A quick internet search confirmed that several species could fall well within your description, and -disoriented by sleep and the dark- could be mistaken for a paranormal entity. While I believe that the Bornean Slow Loris is too small (and limited to the Sulu Archipelago: Jola and Tawi-Tawi, I don't know if the Lorises have made it as far as Basilan), the Philippine Tarsir is similarly too small and limited in range, there's an impressive variety of flying foxes in the Philippines (in the dark, their wings might give the impression of arms), the Philippine long-tailed macaque lives in the mangrove swamps of Palawan (Mimaropa), the Visayan islands, and Mandanao (depending upon your location, it's a possibility), though the most likely suspect is its relative, the crab-eating macaque. They're endemic to South-East Asia (Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam) and they have adapted to life around human beings (they're "synanthropes" like foxes in England, raccoons in the US, and rats everywhere).

3) You mentioned that you live in a converted building, so I'm curious to know if your room has a low ceiling, or if it extends up to the rafters. If the rooms have very high ceilings, it is possible that a creature seeking shelter was hiding in the upper areas of the room, and just happened to land on you (perhaps as much to its surprise as yours!) when attempting a descent to find food. This would account for its sudden appearance, its silence, its arms being outstretched -seeking balance- and then its departure when it felt your movement beneath the blankets.

As you can see, I'm not dismissing your experience; I've attempted to reconcile what you experienced with facts about your geographic location. If any of my data are flawed and can be dismissed by the introduction of new information, please let us know.

Best,

-Biblio
Xlchanlx (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-19)
Hi Bela, my mom had the same experience you had when she was in the hospital laying down after giving birth to my younger sister. She said something small and furry was on top of her and she was paralyzed. She was only able to move after the thing jumped off of her and then jumped out of the window. The thing was, she was like on the 5th floor of the hospital, so whatever it was wouldn't have been able to survive that fall. Also, my cousins mom had the same experience, except she thought it was her son that was laying next to her as she pet the head. Then realize something was wrong and when she looked at it, it ran away and off the bed never to be seen again. Just felt I needed to reply and share because the stories are so similar.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-06-19)
Bela, your entries don't need to be very long. Just a paragraph or so, and not even every day. Just when you've experienced something. Of course noting as much detail as possible is good. But, somethings just 'stick' with you. I know for myself, that dreams that are trying to tell me something 'feel' different then my normal dreams. Those are the ones I make note of as soon as I can.
But keeping a journal isn't for everyone.
Bela_10 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-18)
Val, I tried to keep a journal but I am not be able to continue writing because of my job. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-06-18)
Bela, I think that many of us who are sensitive to the spirit world, also possess other abilities. That's not to try and take anything from you, but to let you know, that in my eyes at least, it's kind of 'normal' ๐Ÿ˜‰. Doesn't make it a less special gift though. Have you tried keeping a journal? They can be very useful.
Bela_10 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-18)
valkricry,

I see. It means I have a sixth sense, wow! Thank you for the information.:D

Aside from seeing ghosts, I also have premonitions like seeing people in my dreams then seeing them in person eventually, or dreaming of something then it will happen.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-06-17)
Bela, the third eye is what here in the western hemisphere call the '6th sense'. It's said that the third eye is the gate that allows us to reach higher awareness. Personally, I do believe in a third eye, only it goes by many names. Observant, intuitive,empathy. All non-paranormal words, right? Yet they all refer to a heightened awareness.
Bela_10 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-17)
Miracles51031,

No problem. I had fun reading your comments though. ๐Ÿ˜
Bela_10 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-17)
valkricry, I am second to the youngest. Yes, I am more sensitive than the rest of my family members. I thought my third eye is open, but I don't know if third eye is true?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-06-17)
Granny - you take this shift and I'll relieve you in my a.m. Keep the coffee fresh and coming lol.
Sorry, Bela_10. We'll get back on track now with your story. Btw, I agree with val's thoughts ๐Ÿ˜Š
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-06-17)
Bela, I wonder if you are the youngest sibling? This could account for why you've had the most experiences in that place. The younger the more 'open' the mind, they say. Then, too, you might just be a bit more sensitive than the others.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-06-17)
Thank you Miracles, but I think we're at about 50/50 on the deletions LOL. Honestly, I could go all night. Coffee, anyone?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-06-17)
Stayouttofthetunacan - your comments in no way allude to your culture, so that is a moot point. As for granny deleting them, she didn't. I did. I haven't seen any advice from you that wasn't paired with rudeness. For the record, we don't have to explain why we delete comments. The guidelines are very clear. Again, if you have an issue, take it to the admin.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-17)
SOOTTC: Your comments had absolutely nothing to do with your "religion". Just so you know, every time a comment is deleted, the site administrator sees it. Again, if you have a problem with the moderation of this site contact the administrator.

I will continue to delete anything I deem inappropriate. Now, get on the topic of the story, please.
stayoutofthetunacan (5 posts)
-3
9 years ago (2015-06-17)
Granny, you have continued to delete advixe from me that are part of my religion, vampires, cleansing fires, this is all part of who I am.

You have shown no respect to my own culture, so I advise you to try and keep your personal bias to yourself.
Bela_10 (3 stories) (51 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-06-17)
zzsgranny and Miracles51031, thank you very much for responding in my email very quickly. I really appreciate it. I love you, guys! More power!:D

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: