You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Priest Pranks

Real Ghost Stories

Priest Pranks

 

Way back before we moved in a priest had lived (and died) in the house. He had crosses lining the walls and all sorts of church artifacts tucked up in boxes. My parents removed all of the stuff and sorted out the house so we could move in. I was only a baby back then so I had little knowledge of it. However, little things have been happening recently and I am staring to get more than a little anxious.

Firstly the fridge turned off by the plug; however, you have to physically move the fridge to turn it on and off. My mum's curling tongs were switched on and left on for three days even after she was adamant she had turned them off. Things being moved or disappearing completely, floorboards moving when there is no-one upstairs. Doors opening and closing of their own accord.

One particular incident completely threw me. Standing in the kitchen doing the dishes I felt something tickle my eyes so I took off my glasses to wipe them, only to see the letters RD scratched onto the lenses. I assumed that it stood for Reverend D, it panicked me really badly.

Also there is a feeling when you walk up or down the stairs particularly at night, the kind of stomach churning, run down the stairs with your hands over your ears kind of feeling. My mum says that the walls of the stairs were where most if the crosses were found. It panics me because none of my family feel or are bothered by it, it just effects me.

There are several other happenings but none of that magnitude and I don't know what to do?

Other hauntings by findingthetruth23

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, findingthetruth23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

findingthetruth23 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-15)
hi everyone,

The house that I moved out of has been abandoned for two years now and no-one will buy it.

I used the runes in the hosue asking only yes or no questions. I only ever got no. Even if I knew the answer was yes. (for example - did you live here?)

The crosses were plain and removed immediately.

Divination has been in my family for years. My grandma has a natural talent for finding and predicting things. She also has a friendly entity in her house and has told a malevolant spirit to leave her alone (never had a bad experience since).

I have a new problem, the landing of my old house was terrifying and now the landing in my new house has started feeling the same. The letters RD continue to pop-up (once in a coffee shop on the fog on the window). Not sure if this is a bad sign.

Again, we don't know anything on the priest who lived here, just that he lived and died there.

Thank you for your comments
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-07)
Greetings, Findingthetruth.

Your most recent response is the first time you've mentioned rune casting. WHAT message did they try give to you? How often do you do this? This does fall into the category of divination, an ability some people seem to have naturally, but often is more easily attuned through a focusing ritual and/or object. Think very carefully before you react: is your use of the rune set something a really fundamentalist Chrisian minister would perceive as "evil" or "demonic" in nature?

An additional --though troubling--thought is making my intuition itch. (I really hate it when I feel like this, because I'm REALLY taking a leap into the dark, I DO NOT have sufficient data to support the idea, and --most importantly-- I have no wish to add to your concerns with unwarranted speculation-based fear.) Is there any reason to believe the minister who owned your former home was an exorcist? The Catholic Church does still train pious priests to practice the ritual AFTER all likely medical and psychological causes have been ruled out AND the heirarchy have prayerfully considered IF they will permit the exorcist to minister to the family/individual. HOWEVER, that is one strictly-regulated ritual within one denomination of one religion that has built-in safeguards and close oversight as part of seriousness with which they view the extreme nature of the practice. This doesn't mean that a self-taught fundamentalist fringe minister, under the impression it was his calling, wouldn't start to do his own exorcisms and get caught up in the fervor of his belief, then take on a more-powerful entity than he was prepared to cope with. (The plethora of crucifixes in the stairway would suggest he finally realized the power he was contending with; demonic oppression and possession are recorded as manifesting physical ailments; if he died while still fighting with a powerful entity, there is also the possibility his spirit became trapped/enslaved by the entity, but I've only read of 3 or 4 cases in which this seemed to occur.) PLEASE REMEMBER that I stated this paragraph is highly-speculative, and it is intended to open a line of inquiry, not to be taken as fact until any research has supported or dismissed my intuition-fuelled leaps into guesswork. (Note: were the crucifixes plain crosses -more common with Protestant observance- or did they depict Jesus' death on the cross -as often preferred by Catholic iconography?)

Please respond so we, as a community of diverse beliefs, talents, and skills, may be able to suggest to you the actions best suited to your situation, and support you as you proceed.

Sincere best wishes,
Biblio.
findingthetruth23 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-06)
sorry for the long wait

We have since moved
However
During the moving process no one came forward for six months. Whoever did come would be keen until they came to look at it then they would refuse. I blame him.

The face was faceless,
Like someone pressing their face through a sheet and stretching it around their face.

I am part of a church but it is not routine.

My mum saw the letters on my glasses but not the string or the face. I doubt she would have believed me.
The priest left no hint about which church he attended or anything like that.
I did perform a cleansing jar ritual twice on both doors and a sage and white oil ritual on the windows but nothing happened. Also my runes didn't work in the old house. They started to but half way through they would just resort to their previous answer. Every time.
I am going to do some digging and find out what happened. Just a heads up ill tag you in the article.
Also in the new house lights flicker and things move. I think he followed me
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-10)
Findingthetruth,

Firstly I somehow missed your comment from a couple weeks back, sorry about that.
Part of what people do on here is try to look for reasons ghosts do things.
So far letters RD keep coming up.
What did the face in the mirror look like? Could you describe how it looked in the steam on the mirror? Did it seem friendly, angry, old, young, human, animal? Was it drawn in the steam, did it appear in the steam? Had you just used the shower/bath when you saw this face in the mirror? If so, I'm not liking this detail one bit, it feels to me as if this presence wants you to know it's there watching!

I'd like to repeat, no STRESS, what Rook and Val, even myself from months back said; cleansing/shielding or blessing a good idea maketh.

Please keep us updated.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-08-10)
findingthetruth,
I have a few questions. Did anyone else see the R.D. Scratched into your lenses or spelled out with the string?
Now this is a sensitive question, and truly not meant to offend, but does your family attend church, and do you also go? I have a reason to ask, but your answer will tell me if it's the right track.
You also state that " Things being moved or disappearing completely, floorboards moving when there is no-one upstairs. Doors opening and closing of their own accord." Does anyone else in your family witness any of this?
I suggest you do Rook's cleansing as well as keep a journal. You might also try and find out as much about that priest as you can.
I understand you're being scared. Have you voiced this to your parents?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-10)
Ok...From what you have shared with us I will hazzard a guess and say you still have not done a cleansing.

I understand your worried about your Family... But that is why it needs to be done...

Now you do not have to do it yourself... You say a priest lived and died in your home... Ask HIS Church to come in and Bless and Cleans the home. This will allow you and yours to not be involved AND begin the exchange of energies in the home. After this please try the Method I have posted on my profile... At least twice a month. This will help reenforce (sp?) positive energy within the home and keep negitive (evil) things out.

Please keep a journal... If after... Lets say 8 weeks (1 Priest Blessing... Cleansing and 4 'follow ups' you are still experiencing activity you can be fairly sure the spirit trying to communicate is either Positve in nature... With a message OR what you are experiencing is RESIDUAL.

Just a couple of ideas.

Respectfully,

Rook
findingthetruth23 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-10)
Ok update
The dining room is bad
Really bad
And
I have seen something
It might be nothing but I have seen the letters R, D again
On the floor made from string
Then a face in the bathroom mirror from steam
Now this could just be a coincidence but it is creeping me out
Help please
findingthetruth23 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-26)
sheetal? He died of a disease but we are not sure where. No I haven't yet tried to cleanse it but one of my friends is like me and is terrified to come to my house. She won't even step through the front door and she has told me too several times.
This is making me nervous, really nervous.
Tweed? My glasses were cleaned and the letters removed
However I still hate having my back to the dining room, that room freaks me out.
And as for the cleansing thing I wouldn't know how to and would it affect my family?
Seraphina? I have been trying to avoid the thought of a ghost but now, especially on a night time, I am getting freaked out.

Thanks for your help! X
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-22)
Seraphina, that's exactly the impression I got about the letters too. Very creepy.

Findingthetruth, I hope you are doing well and that you do respond.
Seraphina (7 stories) (147 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-06-20)
Findingthetruth, I agree with Tweed's concerns. And it strikes me that the initials were scratched on your glasses as a way of saying, "Don't pretend you can't see me!"
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-18)
Hi Findingthetruth,

If this is the Priest or not is unclear right now. I try to see the good in ghost activity but I am concerned about your experiences. There's something about finding the letters RD on your glasses which disturbs me. Are these letters still on your glasses?

There's a member here named Rook and he has a cleansing/shielding method on his profile. Many have used it to great success, me included.
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155
Give his method a try and please keep us posted on your progress.

Take care.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-18)
findingthetruth23 Welcome to YGS... Spooky experience you had. It's really interesting that a priest is troubling you. Some questions 1) The priest has got natural or unnatural death? 2) Did you tried to cleanse your house?

Please revert.

Regards,

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: