You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: She Came To Say Goodbye

Real Ghost Stories

She Came To Say Goodbye

 

To understand my story I have to give you a bit of background. My husband and I were together when we were teenagers. I was 15 he was 17 we grew up in different states but met in Fl, through our fathers. When we first met he had a Blue Heeler named Roxy. She was so sweet and so protective of this boy I had just met. I never seen a bond between a dog and boy until I met seen this one. At first Roxy wasn't a fan of me, but we grew very close over the next year, and became very good friends. Besides my husband and his father, I was the only other person to be able to take care of the dog. She scared my step mother to death half the time. Well after so long due to situations out of our control we had to move back with our mothers and go to different states. And broke up. Seven years later we got back in touch and he informed me Roxy passed away a year before that. So after a few months I moved down to IL from PA to be with him. A couple weeks later we got married.

So one night when I moved into his mothers with him I was home alone with our dog Pierce one night while they were both at work. Pierce started acting weird, pacing, whining, staring at nothing. He then started to push his bowl over to where my husband still had Roxy's bowl, and he sat down looking at it. He then sat in the doorway of our room staring at the ceiling and just whined. I have never seen him do this before, so I got scared due to the stories I heard about the house being haunted. So my husband calls and I tell him what is going on with Pierce and he said its Roxy coming to see me, her and Pierce never ate without each other. He said to just talk to her and he will calm down. So I sat on the bed and called Roxy up to lay with me. AT that moment I felt a pressure on my leg as if a dog's head was there. I started to cry. I told her I was sorry I wasn't around and that I still loved her. After a few minutes and Pierce inching up closer and closer to the presence whining slowly almost as if he were crying, I felt the pressure leave and a warmth on my hand as if something was breathing on me, and just like that it was gone.

So about a week later, the same exact thing happened again. So when my husband called me that night I told him and of course he got upset, because Roxy never visited him. I told him it's time to say good-bye she needs to RIP. I put him on speaker he said he loved and missed her but it was time to go. When I got off the phone with him I said the same thing to her, I said I was sorry and I missed her a lot and we loved her. After she left this time she never came back. Since then I have never seen Pierce act like that before or after those two occasions.

I know this is long and kind of seems unreal, but I am really hoping that it was her coming to say good-bye I am happy she is now resting in piece. Hope you enjoyed this story.

Other hauntings by ahuff6513

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ahuff6513, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ahuff6513 (3 stories) (9 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-22)
The thing that gets me everytime I think about this is the time we spent apart... Even after 7 years this dog still had to come say goodbye... I cry every single time I think about this... It feels unreal to me because of the time frame... But it just proves that dogs/cat are smarter then what people think they do have a memory...

[at] Mac_Barbie93 I read your story and it is very simalar to mine and your right the bond never dies... My husband is still upset she never came to say goodbye to him she actually passed an hour after he left for work. I wish he could have been there with me during this experence 😢 ❤
Mac_Barbie93 (6 stories) (42 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-21)
Ahuff: read my story ' my cat came to say goodbye' I experienced something similar with my 17 year old cat that I lost to chronic renal failure. Her 19 year old companion cat would act as if he was seeing her in her spots and whine and cry especially at night. They grew up together and shared a strong bond. Maybe it was the same with your dogs. Like your incident, my cat did say a final goodbye to us and we longer feel her presence. We now have another kitten we got to give our 19 year old some company who exhibits the same traits that my deceased cat possessed. I don't think she has really gone anywhere. It's not just humans, I believe that even when pets grow up together they form strong bonds that sometimes even death can't break.:) it's good to know that you told her you love her and she should rest in peace. I think she missed you and wanted to spend time with you before she said goodbye.
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-21)
Hello:

I have also had experiences with my departed furbabies, so I certainly understand how touching and comforting this can be.
I don't find anything "unreal" or outlandish about your experience. I found that my experiences gave me closure and comfort to know that the bonds of love between humans or animals do not die with the body.
A very sweet story; thank you for sharing it.

Blessings,
Lynev
ahuff6513 (3 stories) (9 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-19)
Thank you for all your feedback. I also believe it was Roxy. The short time I had with her she made a big impression in my life, I can truly say she was one of a kind. ❤
pepsi_lumps (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-17)
that's a nice story. They say dogs are mans best friends for a reason, they know who they love... I like stories like this
Bela_10 (3 stories) (51 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-17)
It made me cry.:' (I hope our deceased pets will visit me also.

Thank you for sharing this story.:)
roxygirl (7 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-17)
This is such a beautiful story. I really enjoyed reading this. I believe whole heartedly that it was Roxy coming to visit you and say goodbye.

Thank you for sharing this with us. 😁
ahuff6513 (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-17)
I still tear up thinking about this.

Expecially since it was 7 years after the last time I seen her. She still means a lot to me.

Thank you
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-17)
Ahuff: this is such a sweet story!
There is nothing unreal about a pet coming to say goodbye to its human family after its passing.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: