You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Cheap Room?

Real Ghost Stories

Cheap Room?

 

I was just turning 17 and started college for some reason I had decided to go to college in El salvador I had problems with my boarding so I ended up going to this small place called Guazapa with one of my college friends once there I was staying with her but I found out that about 10 minutes walking distance from her house there was rooms for rent and the best part was that for a single person the room was $30.00 a month with water and light included for me this sounded awesome so I moved in.

Well a couple of months passed and there was something not right about the room, I could not sleep in the day, there was strange noises on the ceiling day and night and worst of all at night sometimes you couldn't even sleep so I started to lock my window and door at night I even went as far as putting a towel in the gap of the door and the floor.

One evening my friend Fredy came over and we started having a pleasant conversation he had brought over the daily newspaper and I was playing some music on my laptop I heard my neighbor's dog whimpering pretty odd since he was a pretty big dog well there he was all balled up and whimpering and then I heard it for the fist time there was this noise it was like water or something more solid dripping maybe slushing down the fence and then it was quiet, I told Fredy to immediately close the door and I shut the window too but right when I was doing so the lights went off then closely after the laptop followed (my laptop had been connected all day so what happened to the battery?) well we were left in utter darkness and we were scared.

Then came a lady well at least that's what I thought it was because I heard heels clicking to my door and then it started knocking on my door. I was going to venture out when I remembered you needed keys to get into the place where I lived. There was a gate that had a lock so this person/thing didn't belong here. Since I didn't answer the door it started kicking the door then it pushed the toes of the shoes under the doo. It didn't stop there it started scratching the door and banging away and it lasted until 3 am. My friend couldn't leave and at 3am there was a lady that started screaming his name 3 times and then it stopped after that. I checked around turns out that the previous person in that room had been into pentagrams witchcraft and all of that maybe that's what had triggered everything I'm not sure.

I know after that I had a couple strange things happened and I moved. I found out after I moved that the room I had been given was the only one at $30.00 I wonder if the owner knew?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Snowiedcat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Snowiedcat (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-19)
hi Rook yes he heard it actaully he hated my room after that I would not sleep in it and yes he heard his named being called out and saw everything same as me had a neighbour experince something in my room too, now as for the couple that had the room before I am not judgemental I'm just writing what I was told after I left the room and I had found out who the prev tenants had been but the most intriguing thing is that I visited about two years after I left and the owner hadnt managed to rent the room again I'm not sure about now but when I went to visit and asked if anyone else had lived there after me and the said no the room was locked ofcourse bu other stuff happened there I will try to write about those experinces later on
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-06-19)
I am not sure about this series of experiences...

Not being able to sleep during the day may be do to our 'normal' schedule being based in the daytime... And trying to sleep out of cycle is difficult. As far as the noises in the ceiling... What were the schedules of those who lived above and around you?

Question (s): You and your friend actually saw these shoes poking under the door? Are you 100% sure someone could not have gotten in? How long did The knocking and scratching on the door last? Could this have been someone looking for your friend?

Now for something completely different...

Dong'master',

Your opinion is a wee bit off or perhaps you do not really understand the definition of atheist which is...

An individual who does Not believe in A GOD or gods...

An individual who worships something... Some being that aids them or that they draw strength from but CAN NOT be seen or touched kind of qualifies as A GOD or gods so your point is moot.

Respectfully,

Rook
DongMaster (guest)
-4
9 years ago (2015-06-18)
This screams of bad middle school fiction. There's plenty of explinations for everything but the ghost, which feels tacted on.

And the satan worshipers and witches? Give me a break. Most satanists are more atheists then anything else.
Lucas_mclerie (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-18)
this really does sound as though its made up... Although dogs do have a sixth sense which means that they can sense when someone is about to die, they can also smell cancer in humans and they can also sense ghosts.
stayoutofthetunacan (5 posts)
-3
9 years ago (2015-06-17)
This sounds like a really poorly written story.

You rented a "room", which implies it was some sort of community, complex, apartment, house, duplex or something.

It makes perfect sense you'd hear sounds or even water running. If the rooms were as cheap as you said they were, I am sure plenty of people would want to rent these rooms.

The thing with shoes squeezing under the door? Are you kidding me? Is the door fives inches off the floor? And I don't want to hear an excuse like, "it was a ghost", because if a ghost could squeeze it's shoes under your door, it would have been able to get in.

And this cheap thing with pentagrams and witch craft? Not all religions are bad or evil, many of them are very misunderstood, it sounds like something tacked on to try and justify the haunting.
Snowiedcat (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-17)
hey lissa well more stuff happened in the room will post more stuff about it well the person that had other rooms there were only 4 rooms in total said that prev to me there had been a young couple that had lived there they were supposedly satan worshipper and that they had promised the life of their baby to him in that room the baby was born the young lady the mon became a christian and after that they say the place stayed all spooky, I think the owner know becasue he hadnt been able to rent that out for a full year until I moved in
YLissaBearrY (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-17)
Haiiya, Snowiedcat. This really is a strange and intriguing story. I honestly have no idea what to think of it.

But, at first I thought it may have been a crazy ex of Fredy's that followed you both. Then again, that wouldn't explain the noises you're hearing in the ceiling...

Though I have a feeling that maybe the dog whimpering had something to do with that lady...Don't know about the water dripping though. It sounds like it's just a leak, but it would keep leaking if it really was, not just stop and go silent.

Really strange that the lights and your laptop went out when you were shutting the door and window. I think ghosts could possibly turn things off or on, or even cause things to malfunction. But in this case, it's just really strange and coincidental how all this was happening around the same time, especially how the "lady" came afterwards.

It's also really strange that this was the only room that was for $30 a month. I mean, it would make sense though, but what we want to know is--What exactly happened in this room that made the room only $30 a month, and does this room even have a history of these kinds of events? I'd like to know. 😁

But thanks for sharing your story.

Warm regards,
Lissa

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: