You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Restless Nights After Doing Cleansings

Real Ghost Stories

Restless Nights After Doing Cleansings

 

For those of you who haven't read my previous story, Let me just fill you in briefly. The house my fiance and I are living in has been on the fritz lately. There has been a lot of somewhat negative energy in the house, most of which has been centered around our kitchen. We're not certain if there is one spirit or two, and whether one is good and the other evil, or just one that is angry for it's inability to cross over, or etc.

But we believed one, if not both, was the spirit of michael's grandfather who passed away quite a few years ago. Well, I took the advice of a number of people who posted comments about how I should deal with the situation I'm in, and the results have been effective in some areas, but seem to have worsened the situation in another sense. First and foremost we had an electrician come look at the kitchen light that exploded, and, not much to my surprise, the electrician could find no reason at all as to why it did that. The wiring wasn't freyed, and was up to date, and everything was "perfect" according to him. Michael and I decided to take action.

I had a Christian blessing done on the house at the request of my love, and it seemed to calm down the kitchen quite a bit. Objects stopped disappearing, coffee stopped making itself, and the overall negative feeling that was once present had dissipated. But a few days later, Michael and I noticed that the computer room had suddenly become the focus of our resident ghosts antics. Batteries disappeared overnight, the computer started turning itself on and off, and we'd wake in the morning to find papers and mail strewn all over the floor, while we are the only two living in the house and the dog sleeps in our room with us, we keep the door closed.

At that, I decided to have a professional pagan blessing done on our house. The results were similar, but lasted only a week before the antics started up again. Michael and I then began decorating our house with crosses, stars, and other personal religious relics that were meaningful to us. I was charging crystals and putting them in different areas of the house, we pretty much attempted putting up images that we thought might banish the spirit, or at least encourage it to move on, but, much to our dismay the results remained the same, a few days of peace and then more problems. I tried meditating and asking the spirit to leave, which did not work, possibly because I was only half able to focus due an unexplainable eerie sensation I had. I then decided to call a medium to come to our house and contact the spirit, or at least tell us whether it was two, or one, and figure out just what it was trying to accomplish in our house.

I was stunned by what this woman had to say. She told me that the spirit is michael's grandfather, and he chose not to cross over yet because he is waiting for his wife. He has been trying to carry on with activities he used to do when he was alive, like making coffee, moving things to where he thinks they would be appropriate, etc. She even told me where the batteries and kitchen remote were hidden.

But he's angry. Gram Elsie, his wife, had a stroke a few years ago, and since then her children have been fighting over who gets control over what assets and who will get what from the will, including her money her house and her car etc. While she's still alive! The most horrible part is that everyone is so focused on gram's money and belongings that no one is taking care of her, since the stroke she can't really talk very well, and she can't walk. The family has become "self indulgent and unconcerned with the well being of their own" that was what the medium said michael's grandfather feels like. Because of it he's been projecting negative energy into the house. I asked the medium to try and help him cross over, and to explain to him that michael and I DO take care of gram whenever she's over at the house, and that we would like for him to stop taking out his anger on us. So the medium preformed a blessing and talked to pap, asking him to please cross over because it was his time. Michael and I took pap's ashes, which used to be in our house, over to where gram was living, so husband could be with wife.

The occurrences stopped. But something's wrong. Although michael and I had an inkling that something was wrong before, and the physical oddities have ceased, something new has arisen and I'm not sure what to think. Not once in the entire time the medium was present did she mention anything about a second energy. But, now every time I go to sleep I have terrible nightmares, very very vivid nightmares that scare me ridiculously, almost to the point of not wanting to go to sleep. They started a few days after everything else stopped. Most of them revolve around me being chased, and there's a knife, although the dreams are enough to cause me to wake up sweating and usually holding my hand to my throat, the most I can remember is a knife and being chased.

Mike had a weeks vacation and slept on the couch most of the time because he said the room just made him feel uncomfortable, I asked him if it was the heat or if it was too cold, but he said neither, he just felt uncomfortable. And another question comes to mind, when mike was young he saw his reflection in the mirror brushing his teeth when he himself was not, and that was while pap was alive, so what caused that? And what about the shadows in the mirrors? And the evil looking face engrained on the back of our bathroom door? Something just doesn't add up.

And I'm worried that maybe we made a mistake in asking pap to move on. Should I attribute the nightmares to all the scary movies on television because of Halloweens approach, or is it something more than that? And if it is something more, what could it be, what kind of energy can elude a medium? I'm not sure what to do.

Other hauntings by scarlettwitch

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, scarlettwitch, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

illusionation (3 stories) (35 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
It could have been an evil entity pretending to be his grandfather, that's not uncommon, they can fool anyone, even mediums!
Maybe consult your medium and ask her if that could be possible...
scarlettwitch (2 stories) (20 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-02)
Goodness I hope you're right! I'll fill everyone in as to what happens when Rose and I meet again, thank you all so much again for your help! :)
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-30)
Hi Scarlettwitch, I bet the force isn't evil, just maybe not in the best of 'spirits' 😊. I think you guys are strong and caring yourselves and a powerful evil force would be repelled by you and wouldn't have the ability to tag along. I bet Rose on board now will change things in your favor! Bless You!
scarlettwitch (2 stories) (20 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-29)
Thank you guys so much for your suggestions and help I really appreciate it!, I called Rose (the medium who helped me before) and asked her if she could come check the house out again, so she's going to come next friday and check things out. She really is talented, and humble as well. If things get too intense between now and then, then I'll try calling on Michael. I really do hope, Athena, that this isn't something that has latched itself to me or my sweetheart, just because the idea that something seemingly evil can be drawn to me or my love really frightens me, but I do agree (as much as I really don't want to!) it's a possibility, there's a lot of possibilities, 😊
babylon (20 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-29)
i to have had experiences like you for many years, all in different houses, I would suggest just one simple thing that has kept me sane all these years, whenever you feel uneasy or scared, call archangel micheal say his full name over and over and over, he has never failed me, if when saying his name aloud or in your head, the attack or noises, increase instantly it may mean it is NOT a ghost but something more demonic, but don't stop saying his name he does and always will protect you, I am living proof. Hope this helps, take care.:)
ozone_baby (2 stories) (28 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-29)
Maybe Paps was keeping whatever is there now at bay, so to speak. Now that the medium did her thing, Paps has moved on and is no longer there to run interference.
It defenately sounds as if you have some kind of entity there that needs to be gotten rid of.
Good luck and God bless
Ozone ❤
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-28)
I would have to say go with what Martin has already suggested. Getting the medium to come back and check your home again. I am not sure if you have another entity or not or if it is just the void left behind by "paps" departure. Keep us informed please.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-28)
What Martin said. I hope you can reconnect with the psychic. Sometimes people and places/land can be psychic energy conductors. I get that you and your love are very psychic yourselves, maybe a being has latched on to you guys? I'm sure hoping things become manageable soon. 😐
lian01 (3 stories) (65 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-28)
Wow, your story is really interesting. I'm not really sure I can offer any help, it sounds like you have a lot of knowledge and experience in spirituality.
I'll have to agree with the others, it might be best to get the medium back. Something is obviously wrong, and if it's causing such tangible feelings as you describe, it's not just in your head.
I really hope you get things sorted, I'm off to read your other stories!
Good luck 😁
Annie (202 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-28)
I agree with Martin. Go back to the same medium. It seems that she was able to help before, maybe she'll be able to help again. Please keep us posted!
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-28)
I gotta say that's a seriously interesting story, I'm glad you came back with feedback on your situation, and I hope someone may help. That medium you consulted seems very talented to say the least. You know, they're not all-knowing, sometimes they focus on one presence while others are not in their field of perception at a particular time. I'd suggest going to her again, and again, if needed be (I hope she's not too expensive).

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: