You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Woman In The Field

Real Ghost Stories

The Woman In The Field

 

My mother is deaf so she in not as educated. She was also sent to a hostel of deaf children in the northern mountains.

She told me (in actions of course) that one day in the full moon night, it was half past 12. My mother went to the terrace to see the fireflies. There were no fireflies there. There was a barren field near the terrace which people said was haunted. Then she felt some cool breeze struck her face. She was surprised as they were the summer months. Then she saw a dim light coming from the field. First she thought it was a firefly but after some time she saw that it was not a firefly but it was a lamp.

After some more time there was a woman standing there, who was giving evil looks to her. The women had ground touching dry black hairs. She was wearing a very long white gown. Then my mum felt someone was there but there was no one but when she looked back to the field there was just the lamp there, there was no trace of the woman anywhere in the field.

After that her teacher came to take mum back. Then she told her friends about her experience. Her friends told her that these sights of a woman with a lamp in the barren field and then disappearing were common.

After that she never went to the terrace alone at night especially after 11 pm. Her friends told her that there used to live a peasant woman who was in a great loss so she committed suicide, after that her ghost comes to visit the field every full moon night.

Thanks for reading I am keen to read your comments about my mother's scary experience.

Other hauntings by miana16

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, miana16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-07)
miana16
Welcome to YGS. Your mothers experience was quite creepy scary. I'm glad she wasn't harmed physically or mentally.
YLissaBearrY
You wondered if this woman shows herself even if no one is around. I'm sure she does but I HAVE to say this jokingly. If a tree falls and there is no one is around to hear it does it make a sound?
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
Hi, Miana16... Quite a scary incident... 😨 😨 I am glad that your mom was not harmed by that entity...
miana16 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-23)
I was also shocked after hearing this from my mother 😨 I am glad I didn't saw one.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-22)
Hello miana16! It was quite an experience. As per our folklore, generally witches are seen/hovers around full moon nights. They drove power from it.
Your mother was lucky that the feminine spirit doesn't harmed her.
Thank for sharing it and welcome to YGS.

Regards
YLissaBearrY (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-22)
Wow, this is a pretty creepy experience. Also, especially how this ghost woman looks sounds creepy enough. I wonder if that woman shows herself even if there's no one around.

Well, this is a good short story. Thanks for sharing. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: