You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Eerie Silence

Real Ghost Stories

The Eerie Silence

 

Today I am going to share with you my worst paranormal experience. I don't know if it was paranormal or something demonic. This incident happened to me when I was in my village (again). It was summer holidays. My sis and I were at our village. My parents could not come as they had some work. In my village, we usually sleep on our house's roof during summer nights.

It was a full moon night (pooranmasi). After having dinner we were preparing to sleep. My grandma, sis and I were the ones who slept on roof. Grandpa didn't feel comfortable so he slept downstairs. While going to sleep I took my grandpa's phone to play game as my phone's battery was over. So, we went to sleep. Grandma made the bed and we laid down to sleep. I was sleeping in between my grandma and sis. One thing I forgot to tell you is that my grandpa has a habit of waking up at nights and taking small distance walks on the verandah of the house. So he always set an alarm in his phone to help him waking up.

Now coming back to the story, I was playing games in my grandpa's phone when I fell asleep. I woke up at night to the sound of the phone's alarm ringing. It was 2am. I switched off the phone and was about to sleep when I saw my sis standing at the edge of the roof, facing the other side. I was quite baffled to see her there at that time. I asked her to come back and sleep. She said she would come back just in two minutes. I was feeling quite sleepy so I turned around to sleep and got the biggest shock of my life when I saw her sleeping right beside me. I couldn't believe my eyes. I turned around and she was still standing there. I didn't know what to do. I again looked at my sis, she was sound asleep. But this time when I turned around the girl standing on the edge had disappeared.

I went to check, and as I came near the edge and saw down towards my garden I saw the most creepiest scene of my life. A woman in white saree was sitting on the swing which was attached to the mango tree in my garden and the swing was moving by itself. She wasn't applying any force and the wind was not strong enough to have moved the swing. There was an eerie silence everywhere. No sound, nothing. I came back to my bed and started praying to god that make this night end as fast as possible. I even doubted that night whether I would even be alive to see the morning.

Every night there used to be sounds of dogs barking, birds chirping and so on. But not tonight. It was as if this eerie silence had grasped the whole world.

Other hauntings by Abhinav_123

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Abhinav_123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Elina_ghostly (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-23)
This was really creepy experience abhinav. Thanks for sharing 😨
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-27)
Greetings, Abinhav:

I know you've gotten some great insights here, especially some of Tweed's ideas & questions. My thoughts turned to "OBE," also. Here is my question: let us suppose the individual on the roof had been your sister's spirit simply wandering around while her body slept (you recognized both her form and her voice), wouldn't the presence of the Saree-clad woman in the garden be a good explanation for her lingering by the rail? When you looked back the second time, and the manifestation if your sister had disappeared, perhaps she had returned to bed, just as she promised.

I'd suggest that sleeping in the verandah is perfectly safe for each of you. However, I'd recommend speaking with your grandparents and/or a local pandit* you trust for advice about the woman in the garden because she sounds sad to me.

Best,
-Biblio.

*I'm presuming you are Hindu, given the proximity to the Ganges; if I'm in error, I apologize.
Abhinav_123 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-26)
I also haven't slept on my terrace since that incident took place. Sheetal.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-25)
Yeah! I know Abhinav... At that time... Nothing comes in mind... Thanks for sharing this spooky story... I think I am not able to sleep on terrace when I'll be in my home town.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-25)
Abhinav_123
Something just came to mind. Do you have any dead relatives. One girl that looks like your sister and her mother on the swing? If you don't know ask your parents and grandparents. I just have a feeling that there is a link.
If there are no familial connection then maybe it is a mother daughter that looks like your sister spirits connected to the house.
Regards
Red
Abhinav_123 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
I don't know why I didn't scream sheetal. Even if I wanted I couldn't have screamed at that time. I can tell you that even you wouldn't have been able to scream. It was just an eerie situation
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
OMG OMG... Abhinav... This is tooo scary 😨 😨 😨 Why didn't you scream dear? If I was at your place I must have got a heart attack...
Did you tell 'bout this to your grandparents... What they said? Anyone also encountered the same?
Abhinav_123 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-23)
And yes the barrier is very strong and could easily took upon itself, the weight of my sister.
Abhinav_123 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-23)
I asked my sis next morning but she didn't remember waking up at all. When I told her that I saw her standing near the edge of the roof at night she was equally shocked. No, I don't often take my grandpa's phone as I have my own. It was just that my phone's battery was over so I took it. I don't know if he has the habit of sleep walking. As I have seen him walking many times and he seems to be awake. And about the moon phrases. Yes there is a saying and belief that at full moon nights and no moon nights the dark powers are said to be at their peak. And your words have really comforted me. Thank you. TWEED. Regards,
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-23)
Me again, I was just thinking about this and I'd now really like to know if you guys have a strong barrier on your roof to keep you all safe. This detail could throw a whole other light on your experience. For if there is not a strong safety barrier, your experience could have been a warning.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-23)
Ohhh, Miss I know this one!

Forgive me, I'm reminded of being in school and raising my hand eagerly to answer a question.

Hi there Abhinav,

I thoughtfully enjoyed reading your story and have a theory, which hopefully will make it less scary for you: An accidental out of body experience (OBE) brought on by being woken by an alarm! Eek, that doesn't sound less scary now that I type it. Well, if this is what happened, fear not, it's happened to me and was brought on by the alarm also. It's only happened once, and it was about a year ago. I switched the alarm off, saw a ghost (one I'm aware of), then went back to sleep. I had accidentally left the alarm set on the weekend, when I didn't need it.
It wasn't until hours later when my hubby made a comment about a ghost turning the alarm off that I knew something odd happened. He didn't see me turn it off and said I had stayed 'asleep'. So we can only assume that I had an accidental OBE.
It's possible this happened to you too, I suspect your sister was having an OBE too.
Soo...
I'm ever so intrigued by the night this happened to you. So much activity, with your sister and the woman by the mango tree. Perhaps the woman you saw was someone local, and she too was having an OBE.
Or it could all have been a dream you had and everyone slept soundly! Did you speak to your sister about this? If so, what did she say, did she remember standing at the edge?
Is there something about that night in your culture which brought about any particular energy? Or something about the moon phase on that night?

Anyway whatever it was, I say nothing to worry about. However, I am also interested about your Grandfather setting his alarm and not wanting to sleep on the roof. Perhaps there is a connection here. I got the impression this is because he sleep walks, is this right? I hope your roof has a strong barrier in place to stop anyone from falling.
Also did you often play with his phone before going to sleep? There's something about the phone which I can't quite put my finger on, more info would be helpful.

Take care and thanks for sharing, I hope you can find some comfort in my words. Look forward to your response.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: