You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Cold Hands

Real Ghost Stories

Cold Hands

 

I was at my friend Larson's house having a sleepover. I always found the Larson's backyard to be pretty creepy. For instance at night You can hear rattling in the bushes (which is most likely raccoons) and at night, the backyard is usually pitch black. So at this sleepover, Larson and I wanted to eat lots and LOTS of candy so we could be energized and go outside at night and have a Nerf battle. We popped down what seemed to be millions of skittles and tootsie rolls, and got our guns ready.

Once we went outside we went to our bases which were just each corner of his backyard. We got ready and I was in charge of doing the countdown to signal when we start. "5!" "4!" I yelled. "THRE-" All of the sudden Larson screamed. I ran over there and saw Larson quivering in fear. I asked him what happened and he replied that someone touched him. "Couldn't it have been a branch?" I asked. "No, I felt five fingers, they touched my back!" I knew Larson wasn't kidding, because I heard him start to cry. That was when I knew we needed to get back into the house. Larson and I dashed into the house and shut the sliding glass door tight. Larson lay down on the couch while I kept watching the yard through the sliding glass door. Nothing there. I told Larson we should go investigate, and he replied "NO" in a firm voice.

After about twenty minutes Larson actually wanted to go investigate. We armed our Nerf guns and stepped outside. "Could it have been a ghost that touched me?" Larson asked in a worried tone. "Ghosts aren't real. Dude we're 12 we shouldn't believe that kind of stuff." I replied. But I wasn't too sure because of what happened.

Larson and I decided to split up. "Let's split up!" I said imitating Fred from Scooby Doo. Larson chuckled. I went into the woods of his backyard while Larson stayed near the house. Then, I felt it. Cold, cold hands had clenched my back. I felt sheer terror and shock. I tried screaming but nothing came out. The hand let go and I booked outta there! As I was running I heard a strange chilling voice say quietly "Ha." I told Larson what happened and we both ran into his house. I called my mom and she picked me up. I'm still scared of Larson's backyard to this day, and we NEVER go there at night.

Other hauntings by Sluge

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sluge, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
Hi, Sluge... Interesting encounter... Did you know the history of that backyard. Has anyone in his house experience the same?
Sluge (3 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-23)
Red wolf, yeah I'll actually probably do that that sounds fun lol
Sluge (3 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-23)
Well I'm kind of a newbie at this website so I have no idea if you could reply to comments so I'll just comment here xD. For the first comment, no. We never wanted to talk about this again, but I'll consider to do so next time we hang out. Second comment, this happened two years ago. I'm 14 now. For the third comment YEAHHh, we did NOT turn of our lights for any reason. And this is the first time this house has ever experienced anything out of the ordinary...
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-23)
Sluge,
Welcome to Y.G.S. Maybe someone died in those woods and either the body was never found or the spirit never crossed over. I doubt that it was a forest protecting creature as they tend to just be watchers and don't bother people who are just in the forest.
If you have a recording device on your phone you can go in the forest just before dark in the area that were touched. Ask questions like who are you where are you from etc.
Regards
Red
GeneShizen17 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-23)
Geez! It's creepy! But I'm so curious about that ghost in there backyard... Do you even asked Larson about the history at the backyard?

-sorry I'm not good at english 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-06-23)
Sluge - how long ago did this experience happen? The reference to Scooby-Doo LOL Big Scooby fan 😆
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-23)
Hi Sluge and welcome to YGS.

Wow, what an encounter! I'm guessing, being 12, you didn't think to turn the lights out while you were watching from the glass doors to the backyard. Would that be right?
I'm thinking whoever touched you both was probably watching you look out of the glass doors, while they waited for your return.
I wonder who or what it was. Has that family ever encountered anything else in the yard?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: