You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Moving Curtain

Real Ghost Stories

Moving Curtain

 

First time I'm writing my story here.

So my brother passed away 21 may 2015 at the age of 18. I'm still mourning him and missing him a lot.

Last week the 17 june 2015 around 9 o'clock I was sitting with my family in the living room they were talking about my brother now whenever they talk bout him I always get emotional, I started crying and after a while I asked them to leave me alone for a while. So everyone went to bed so I was sitting alone in the living room. I was busy on my phone when I notice our curtain that was hanging over the mirror started moving I didn't take much note because I thought its the wind. But it was moving the whole time not fast but just enough for someone to see. So I was looking at the other curtains in the living room but that wasn't moving at all. So it stop so after a few minutes it started again. And it was very warm in the living room. I called my mom to come look so it was still moving so she said its the wind. But I asked her now why isn't the others moving. She didn't know.

And my grandmother can sometimes see stuff so she told me the morning when I left for work my brother was sitting on my bed so she just told him to go rest. I was very close to my brother and we were always sitting together in the living room. He used to sit next to me on the same couch, since his gone there's always warmness in our house. Some people told me that his spirit is still in the house.

I want to know was it just the wind or could've it be my brother showing his around? Would like to know. And comments would be appreciated thank you

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lovebite23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghosthunter9876 (67 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-25)
Condolences on your very sad loss of family. But keep faith that your brother is in the care of God until you two meet again someday.
lovebite23 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
Hi guys thanks so much for replying... I know it wasn't the wind because our other curtains in the house didn't move besides the one by the mirror. I think it was him because since his gone I keep getting this warmness by me. And I felt that when the curtain was moving normally I would freak out if something like this would happen to me but I wasn't afraid.

And the dream I had I'm going to try my best to expalin what happen. So before my brother passed away he always used to do something with his fingers in my neck and make a funny sound just to work on my nerves. So I was dreaming I'm sitting with my brother in the living room he always used to sit next to me but he had trouble breathing and right after that we were on a field so I saw a guy so I asked my brother who it is so he said its sheldon so I felt that fingers in my neck and woke up. Now I was sleeping on the floor because my brother used to sleep by me he never wanted to sleep by anyone else so I had trouble getting asleep on the bed that's why I slept on the floor and we don't have rats or mouses in the house so it couldn't been that hahahaha.
njms2687 (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
Hi lovebite23 condolences on your brother passing away. Would you please share your experience to my blog. I am collecting real stories to make a collection. Your stories will be customized with stock images. Please let me know my blog is ghostsaround.blogspot.com...please review it.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
Hi, LoveBite My condolence is with you... It's very hard to over come from this kind of accidental situation. It our culture it is said that soul roams in the house for few days. And these days they try to show their love to whom they loved most...

Thanks for sharing dear
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
Hello:

My deepest condolences on your tragic loss.
I have witnessed objects moving shortly after a death, and believe that a soul can choose to stick around, visit, be your guardian, or be involved in many different capacities.
If your brother is making his presence known, it doesn't necessarily mean he didn't "cross over" or is not "resting". It could be a choice. To pass so young must have caused great pain to your entire family and many friends. When it's my time, I certainly hope a God of love will allow me to help those I love through the grieving process, let them know I am OK, that I still love them and care about what happens to them, and perhaps help however possible.
Anne's advice about dreaming is a great suggestion. I have also had experiences with extremely vivid "dreams", and believe we can make contact this way. It takes patience, but is a skill that can be developed. I often have success through prayer prior to sleep, but have also researched some OBE techniques on the web. Some call it lucid dreaming; others OBEs (out of body experiences) or astral traveling. They are all worth defining and researching.
Many people keep a notebook (dream diary) next to the bed in order to write them immediately since they are so quickly forgotten.
You can always try speaking aloud to your brother to see if he responds in any way. I'm sure he's around to comfort, protect, and guide you. Love doesn't just die with the body.
Again, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Blessings,
Lynev
dellaunger (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
first of all, i'm very sorry for your loss. It must be so hard.

For me, maybe it was your brother. I meant, you miss him a lot and from my religion's perspective, if you miss someone so much they may come and tried to make a contact with you. Its not impossible that it was your brother.
amayanoelle (3 stories) (7 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-23)
Hi love bite! I am very sorry for your loss. It must be hard.

Since I wasn't there to experience what you did, I can't tell you if it was a ghost or not. And there is no physical evidence if it was a spirit or just the wind. All I can say is you have to decide for yourself. You know your brother very well from what I can see. Did this feel like him? Did you feel his presence in the room at the time? And if you believe it was him than your grandmothers vision is just validating what you feel.

In my opinion, I wouldn't be surprised if it was him trying to make contact. I hope this helps you some and again, very sorry for your loss.
bloodshoteyez (3 stories) (31 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-23)
Hi love bite,

With further description about the moving curtains we'll know if its just wind moving the curtains. Do please tell about the unusual dream, by the way too, my condolences. It is heartbreaking to lose a loved one but I hope you and your family is strong regarding this.

Good day to you
lovebite23 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-23)
Hey anne thanks so much for your reply...I'm also not certain if it was him... Unless I cudve seen spirits then I wouldve know what it was. It is very difficult dealing with him being gone. But I'll probably get used to him not being here someday.

I've had a really strange dream about him, but not sure what it means.
AnneV (2 stories) (3 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-23)
I'm very sorry for the loss of your brother. That must be so difficult to deal with.

None of us were there so it's hard to say with certainty if that was your brother moving the curtain, but it is possible. I think many spirits use dreams to talk with us. If you can, maximize sleep and ask him to speak with you in a dream. I've rarely been let down myself.

Thanks so much for sharing your story and I hope your brother makes contact.

Anne

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: