You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Smiling Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

The Smiling Spirit

 

I have an experience to share with you guys and I hope you can give some advice or tell me your thoughts. The last time my mom and I saw my great-aunt was at my second cousin's debut, which was about 5 or 6 months ago. She died just yesterday in the hospital because of an ulcer problem, but the day before yesterday is not the last somebody saw of her.

Before I can tell you that experience, I'm going to tell you about my great-aunt's life and maybe that will kind of fill in the missing parts of the whole ghostly puzzle. First of all, she is my grandpa's sister (from my mom's side of the family) and she was born a very poor woman. She gave birth to 10 children, one of which was taken away from her because of the insufficient amount of money to bring her home (this was in Mexico, and you know how stingy everybody is over there, especially with money), so the remaining 9 children grew up with her but for some reason for which I have no knowledge of, they all abandoned her and refused to come back to help her with money or health.

In fact, some of the uneducated ones, thought stupidly that it was okay to sneak back to her self-made house and steal the only little money she had. My mom's aunt had to build her own house, out of cardboard and aluminum! Just because everyone refused to lend her at least a smile-building amount of money. I would have helped her myself if I had the money, well, let's continue the story. She was also born with a sort of mental disorder, which means she was a bit... (crazy isn't the right word... Especially not in this case) not all there, but because of that, she was always the life of every party, every debut, every family gathering. She was always that first one to start dancing when the music hit the air, there was always a smile on that calm, gentle face, and she had a HUGE heart. Everybody would always say, "she has so little, yet she shows us all how to be happy", and she really did show it. She reached her mission in life... To show us all how to be happy and keep a smile on our faces, no matter what the situation. So many people loved her, but yet, no one chose to lend a hand. She was always happy, she did anything to see a smile appear on the faces of her loved ones.

Okay, let's get to the sad part. She started having horrible pains yesterday to the point where neighbors had to drive her to the hospital, and she died there, a couple of hours later. Many people went to her funeral, and there they sang for her the way she had sang for other people at their funerals. Today, earlier, my grandfather was talking to one of my great-aunt's neighbors about her death. She then gasped and talked about how she had seen my great-aunt earlier standing in her usual corner and she died YESTERDAY. Well, we all see to it as the neighbor seeing the ghost of my great-aunt, standing, waiting... For her 9 children to... Return.

Other hauntings by Janice

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Janice, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Francois (220 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Dear Janice,

What a truly sad story this is. I could not imagine someone talking one's child away in place of money. Life is one thing, money can never buy, yet today the use of money to either hurt or in effect end an individual's life is all too common. I am sorry that you lost your great aunt; I can only offer my sympathy. Seeing one abandoned by her/his own children in his/her time of need is just unthinkable and inhuman in deed and in morals.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
CenterCore (guest)
+2
16 years ago (2008-01-15)
That's really sad Janice, I'm sure sorry about all that. It's been a long time since I was on here so I thought I'd comment your story and see what was goin on with everybody here. Talk to you later :)
- CORE
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-30)
hey guys, thanks so much for the comments. Yes, my great-aunt was a very happy person, she loved where she lived even if it was nothing more than cardboard and aluminum. She was very old though, that's the way I wish to live my life. Well, this happened in a little rural town called Nava in Mexico. I live in San Antonio, so you pass Eagle Pass, head down to Coahuila and to Piedras Negras and just a couple of minutes later, you get to Nava.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-29)
what a sad comentary to a persons life that her children weren't there for her through her life and especially nesr the end.

i am very sorry for your loss.

God Bless!
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-29)
😳 I meant to write she loved her home! What part of Mexico did this happen in?
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-29)
Hi Janice, I feel so bad for your great-aunt! I guess she loved her, she came back to it. That is interesting you didn't say "10 children". I wonder what happened to the child that was taken away. What a nasty/evil thing to do, take away someones child because they couldn't pay...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: