You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Girl in The Blue Dress

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl in The Blue Dress

 

I'm sure we all heard of stories of spirits being spotted on road-sides, and being picked up, and requested to be taken to their homes, only to find out that the person had died a long time ago. That's mostly what this one is about, except that it is different in another way.

It happened to a taxi-driver that my parents know, I think that he comes from the family, very distant though. He was driving home late one night, after a long day of working and taking people here and there, he didn't have the energy to really pay attention. He turned onto a road which led to his house, when he saw a girl by the side of the road, she looked like she was waiting for someone. She was wearing a blue dress, a very fancy one that you would probably use for a high-school prom or something, like I said, he wasn't paying attention, but he didn't have the stone-heart to just leave her there, all alone in the night.

He drove up the girl's side and asked her if she needed a ride, the girl nodded and got in the passenger's side of the car. The taxi driver drove along the road, hearing the girl's instructions on how to get to her house. Now, this part of the story might sound completely unbelievable but this is how I was told: the taxi-driver lives in this forest-like area, where there a lot of trees and plant-life, and at the moment he was passing the low part of the forest (or whatever) which means that if you were standing in the forest, you would have to climb upward if you wanted to get to the road, like on a hill. The man was not prepared for this next thing to happen, the passenger's car door was suddenly thrown open and the girl whom the man picked up flew out of the car and into the low part of the forest, the strange part was that he didn't hear the thumping noises from which should have been heard from such violent landing.

He stopped the car, ran out but no matter how long and how hard he looked, he couldn't find the body of the girl he had picked up. The taxi-driver gave up, and just went home, but questions were burning him inside, so first thing the next morning, he followed the directions the girl had given him and arrived to a house. He knocked, asked if any girl by the name of (whatever, I don't know her name), the bad thing was that the people said that the girl had died several years ago. When he asked them how, they said that she had been at a party, when time to leave, she left with her friend because she didn't have a ride. Half-way, when she was about to get home, the passenger's side door flew open and the girl slipped out of the vehicle due to the high velocity and speed at which her drunk friend was driving at, she rolled off the road and into the huge forest trench, a knock on the head from a large tree trunk caused her death several hours later.

Her spirit just reenacts her death, with anyone her has the heart to give her a ride...

Other hauntings by Janice

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Janice, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shobha (35 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-18)
This is similar to the story of Resurrection Mary a beautiful phantom hitchhiker who haunts Chicago' s South Side. She was buried in Resurrection Cemetery on Archer Avenue, which is where she gets her nickname. During the 1930s and 1940s, Mary was often picked up at dances by various people. She would ask for a ride toward Resurrection Cemetery, saying that she lived down that way. As people drove her home, she would yell at them to stop in front of the cemetery gates.
She would get out of the car, run across the road, and dematerialize at the gate.
Francois (220 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Dear Janice,

I have heard a similar variant of the story, except this time it was not a taxi driver but a person with a different occupation (I forgot what his occupation was), like the story he gives her a ride, but this happens several times in the variation I heard. Later on they become friends and the man starts to like the girl/ghost. He asks her out, she agrees but does not show up. He goes to her house, and gets a similar result as the story you have told us. The variation I heard has more of a heartbreak part though. Anyway... I like the story and perfect example of a residual haunting.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. I am looking forward to your next story, if one does occur. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-24)
I would have to agree with the others on here. Yes, all of them, because to have a legend it does have to start somewhere. This could be a residual haunting. It is a possibility.
I also wonder though, in stories like these ones, why is it that everyone seems to wait until daylight to check things out? I would like to think if this happened to me I would search until exhausted, call in whatever authorities are in the area, pray all night that nothing horrible had actually occurred and they just wanted out of the vehicle for whatever reason...
Thank you for your story.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-30)
Hey guys, I know, I was like "what, how can this happen?", when I heard the story but since my mom kept claiming it to be real, I decided to put it up. Hopefully, it wasn't just a waste of time for you guys. That's right Shane, URBAN LEGENDS!, FOAF(friend of a friend, of course, it makes sense but ok. I agree with all of you guys, I personally did not make up a story and I definitely would have thought of something better than that if I wanted to make it up, but it does sound to far-fetched to me, but yet who knows?...
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-29)
I to have heard urban legends that are similar to this one, however, in order for legends to begin nad continue, there has to some basis, don't you think?

It is possible that this poor girl had this tragic end to her life and is in a pattern of residual haunting.

God Bless!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-28)
Janice, interesting story. It does sound just like the others you mentioned in the begining with a little twist. I have heard similar tales over the years and almost all of them involved a girl in distress or seemingly lost. Urban legends? They could be, but who are we to know unless we do the investigations to debunk it or prove it real. Thanks for the story.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
scarlettwitch (2 stories) (20 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-28)
I kind of agree with melissa, this sounds a little like a moral story, like a girl got in the car with a drunk driver and died and now she has to reenact her death because of the bad choice she made, and I kind of don't understand how the passenger side door could just come open and her just fly out, was there a sharp turn or something? Wierd.
melissagrove2000 (4 stories) (43 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2007-10-28)
hmmm? I'm a little skeptical to the fact that this is actually a real story. Sounds a lot like the stories that have been told over and over in the haunted books that I read to my son! I don't necessarily doubt that it was told to you, but I don't believe that it really happened either. And what I really find hard to "chew" is that even if this did happen to someone your family knew, why would this cab driver just get up and go home (as you say)? Why did he not go home and get help. Like the police ?! Good luck with future stories.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: