You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The 't ' Road

Real Ghost Stories

The 't ' Road

 

I have been a silent listener for the past 2 or 3 years to this site. Always interested in listening to real life paranormal stories and movies too but never wanted it to happen to me at any cost, loved this site, additive too. So anyway worked up the courage to write my first experience. I live in Chennai, south India in a place called mogappair. We moved in 10 years ago. I'm not sensitive to anything even close to being paranormal. This incident is about a particular road which leads to my street, a particular spot to be precise. In India especially south there are beliefs/notions that a spirits reside in neem trees and that T roads are always bad luck, no idea if either is true but usually hindus have a small temple where the roads meet and in neem trees.

So moving to the incidents, I work for a IT firm in OMR, its a long distance from where I live so always end up coming home late and usually the road leading to my street is deserted and though it had street lights it would be dark. A Neem tree was situated right in the intersection of the T road. One day I was walking home around 23:00 hrs, when I reached the T intersection all the dogs on the road started running towards the neem tree and started barking at the tree, It was quiet until then and all the dogs were minding their own business up until I walked near the tree. It freaked me out and I almost ran all the way.

A few months later I was going home late as usual, this time driving a car, road deserted as usual around 22:30 hrs, the moment I crossed the T intersection felt an urge to look back so I just glanced in the rear view mirror where I saw some one (looked like a young female) crossing the road slowly and just vanished when I turned around, freaked the day lights out of me, Stepped on it and never looked back until I reached home.

It doesn't happen during the day or when some one is with me, only during nights that I feel someone is in the car when I cross the intersection until I reach home. I don't walk much now since I have a vehicle so whenever I'm late and I get to cross the intersection until I reach my street I get the feeling of having company in the car.

Sorry for the long narration, I have never written anything this long even for a book report, Wanted to give a context on my culture to get a better picture. If still not clear, would be happy to explain again in the comments.

Not sure if its interrelated though or just me being a scardy cat with all the stories I've taken to my head.

Other hauntings by phd

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, phd, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

phd (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-02)
Hi Win,
Thanks for the concern, scared is just the usual me...I'm a christian and I believe God is already protecting me, sorry no offense meant
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-01)
Hello, Phd:

I think the only reason we all mentioned protection was because you expressed being frightened several times. It is only natural that we would want to help you to overcome this. We wish you only the best.

Blessings,
Lynev
phd (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-01)
Bish/Sheetal/win,

Thanks for the concern... I don't feel the need for protection now (no idea why though... 😢
phd (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-01)
SDS,

Tried it with my cousin, nothin happened... Cab at that hour is out of question... My mom is very much against autos and cabs (Indian parents sigh...) she thinks its too dangerous for girls...
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-30)
Hi, phd... Ghost on neem tree is new for me... In my village it is said that witches reside on the mango tree... Do you try to share your feeling with someone from your area? I know the myth behind T roads... It is also said that when you remove ghost from someone then you need to throw it on T road... So It could be the reason of ghost sighting.

Regards,
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-30)
Hello phd, thank you for the response. I know that place very well. I will try to go there and find out. I want to give you one suggestion regarding your feeling that you feel like someone is sitting on the rear seat. Just try to hire a cab to your house a few times and when you reach the intersection and through to your house, find out if you do feel any presence. Find out and respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
bishwanaren (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-29)
Hey man... Even I'm from mogappair and curious to see that neem tree you are talking about. Let me know if I can help you in locating it and atleast have the spirit let go in peace by putting some god photo in that place.
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-29)
Hello:

It sounds like you either picked up a "hitchhiker" or it may be one of your spirit guides protecting you from something in that area. Either way, you can always have a blessing done on yourself, your car, and your home to ensure that nothing negative is following you. So long as you word it correctly, you won't prevent your guardian "angels" or ancestors from helping you. You must be clear, so you are not left undefended spiritually.
You can choose from clergy or members of your faith, or you can look up something consistent with your beliefs and perform it yourself. There is an experienced member here named Rookdygin that has a generic blessing/shielding that many attest to. The blessing is under "About me" on the profile page:

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

Welcome aboard and thank you for submitting your story.
Blessings,
Lynev
phd (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-29)
Oh yes and about the place, if you have come around frequently, you have to come to DAV girls school once you take the road ask for pilliyar kovil mohan ram nagar...

Down the road second T junction with a vacant plot and neem tree...
phd (2 stories) (25 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-29)
Hi SDS,
I've been reading your experiences for quiet a long time and a fan too:)... Love the way you narrate... Kudos... Anyways I don't feel really threatened enough to walk up to random people and ask... You should know how weird it would be for a girl to walk up to strangers and ask about the history of their home in our chennai😨 but I did check with my servant and she said a girl had committed suicide due to her failing her 12th exams around 10 years back (the same time we moved in to this place) and I remember a woman committing suicide around 6 or 7 years back due to some problems with her husband but both were a few blocks down the road and not in that exact spot or close to it... I'm wondering why the dogs made it a point to bark up that tree right when I passed it...
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-28)
Hi phd, thanks for sharing your experience. It is really happy to know someone writing his experience, who lives in the same city and that too not quite far. I am reside at Saligramam and a frequently come to Mogappair.

I would advise you to do some research. I think IT companies are closed on weekends, Saturdays and Sundays. Because you are paranormal follower, who don't you just make some investigation or enquiries to people, who reside near that T-road. The T-road legend or belief, I also know. But as far as Neem trees are concerned, it is the other way around. They drive away the evil because Neem trees are supposed to be the favourite of Goddess Durga.

Do some research work and why don't you just give us the details of the T-road, perhaps it will be helpful for some of us, who live in Chennai to come and do some research work.

As far as your feeling that someone has been witting on the rear seat of the car, I feel that it might be a feeling out of your fear. But one cannot rule out the possibility of a presence in that T-road. A similar phenomena happened to me a long time ago when I was working at Coonoor. Please do read my experience in my narrative "The Mysterious Pillion Rider".

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-27)
You can also just say out loud, "you are not welcome in my car. You need to respect my space. Please leave." It sounds like you might not have to be more forceful than that. But if you are not too uncomfortable, then just continue being its taxi service. It is always unnerving when we realize that this dimension is real. I wish you the best. You might start noticing other paranormal things, now that you have tuned in a bit. Just giving you a heads up. 😊
phd (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-27)
Hey Hec, thank you... There has been no communication and I don't feel a threat... Its just like some one is sitting at the back seat of my car... And as rude as it sounds there is no way I'm going to make contact or let it contact me...I've never even slept alone in my room and I'm in my late 20's...not uncomman in India... Still I would never if I had the chance to... 😨 😨 😨
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-26)
Hi phd - aka silent listener. I, too, was a silent listener here before submitting stories. This is a great site for feedback and balanced perspective on these more paranormal things.

It sounds like you have a ghost on that road. As long as you do not feel it has any negative intent toward you, it seems to like to ride with you. I wonder if it rides with other people, too. Does it try to communicate with you, or simply ride? Does it follow you into your house? I recommend asking for protection all the time, but especially when you get the feeling that it is with you. Protection doesn't necessarily send it away. It keeps it from you if it is negative. It may be seeking your help, though.

Just some thoughts. Welcome to YGS, and thanks for submitting your story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: