You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: My Ouija Board Experiences Two Hurt Friends

Real Ghost Stories

My Ouija Board Experiences Two Hurt Friends

 

I am always telling people not to use the O.B. Now I will tell you why. My mother bought one when I was around 17 years old. We were cautioned to ask for a white light of protection before using one. My friends would come over to ''play'' with it. I could always feel others push/pull the planchette around. I got fed up with it and told everyone fingers off. I told them they had to take it seriously and only I would have my fingers on the planchette. To make things interesting I told my friends to write their questions down and have my mother read them to herself. Everyone knows that the first question is are there any spirits around? If I had a negative feeling I would push the planchette to no then goodbye. The correct way to close the board.

We had some spirits come through but nothing disturbing or heavy. Until right after a friend of mine and Janet told us her mother died. We went to the wake but I didn't go to the funeral. A few nights later we did our usual O.B. Thing. Write the question, my mother read it, I answer it. The name Dolores came up. I said who the hell is Dolores? My friend told me our friends mother. Oh crap. I only knew her called Dottie by her husband so I had no way of knowing this. My mother wrote what do you want? The answer was take care of Vickie. I was getting a headache so I pushed the planchette to goodbye.

My big mouth friend Janet told Vickie about the O.B. Session we had even though we told her not to. Vickie understandably got upset and mad. She had never been to any of our sessions and didn't believe in the O.B. But called me and told me to bring it over to Janets. I told her I would that Friday. When I arrived she looked like a mad bull. She told me to take it out and use it. I told her the rules on how I use it. Of course her mothers name came up. She started crying, I asked her if she wanted to ask her mother any questions she could only shake her head no. Janet's boyfriend Vinnie and his friend Ralph were over and Ralph wanted to ask it a question, I said just think it. It answered knee surgery. He looked rather upset and I pushed the planchette to goodbye. It turns out his orthopedic doctor decided the next week he had to have knee surgery. There was no day-op so you were admitted the night before surgery and if all was well you went home the next day. I didn't know what led to it at the time but Ralph was put in the psychiatric ward for a couple of weeks. Evidently he was telling people a witch told him he needed knee surgery. When Ralph was discharged Janet and Vinnie visited him at home. Vinnie suggest they go out to celebrate. Janet said she would call me and we could all go out. Ralph got all agitated and told Janet to keep that witch away from him. He got so agitated that his mother had to call the doctor and Ralph had to go back into the psychiatric ward for another 10 days. After hurting 2 people I cared about I stopped using the O.B.

A psychic friend of ours told me that I didn't need the O.B. And showed me how to do psychometry. Holding a persons object and telling them the impressions I got from the object. Over the years I have asked to join quite a few psychic groups but I always turn them down because I didn't want to become 'that' psychic that made money off of people.

As a post script one day after school I noticed the O.B. Was not out in the open so I asked my mother where it was. She told me she was using it by herself and whatever spirit she was communicating with started using vulgar language towards her so she said goodbye and threw it in the garbage.

Other hauntings by RedWolf

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RedWolf, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

PurplePanda (18 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-20)
I sympathize with how hard it is to quit smoking. I quit decades ago and I still occasionally dream about it. What about e-cigarettes or nicotine gum?

Hope your problems will resolve themselves soon. Hugs to you.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-06)
Tweed
I agree with you and I do try to leave them in another room except when my husband is asleep (I keep them in my bedroom), if I am gardening, the best place to meditate, or if my daughter puts my stress level to 10 or more which she does on a regular basis. She doesn't have a job and claims she can't get one even though I've suggested to her that she applies to a school district to become a substitute teachers aide or hall or lunch monitor. That's what I did until I was in a car accident that lead to my last surgery
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-05)
Red, just a suggestion on quitting. Try putting your cigarettes in another room so they're not as accessible. I do this and it's helped me cut down considerably. Often times we light up out of habit or suggestion ie; seeing a pack of cigs lying around makes us reach for them.
Anyway just a suggestion. I'm not anti smoking nor pro smoking, each to their own is my motto. Everyone knows it ain't good for us. But if you're no longer enjoying it and the doctors need you stop so they can help you, well, seems like the universe is trying to tell you something. ๐Ÿ˜‰
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-04)
WiniPu
The psychic groups that invited me too join are the type that get paid by someone for their sevices or go out to places and charge people for readings. Although the extra money would come in handy NO psychic is 100% correct. People where I live (Long Island) love psychic readings and will pay a lot of money for a good psychic.
Like I said in another post John Edwards, Theresa Caputo, and Kim Russo are all from Long Island and I teased it must be in the water. But you notice that they all have leading questions so they can figure what to say next. That is what I meant about being ''that'' psychic.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-04)
This is a very cool 'community'. I am very grateful for everyone's affability. The genuineness is very affirming. Too many 'aff' words. ๐Ÿ˜†
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-04)
Hi, Red:

Why do you think becoming a developed psychic means having to charge for your services? I live close to the Spiritualist Camp in Cassadaga, FL. Although most of the ministers do earn their living from readings, I recall one very gifted female minister that NEVER accepted money despite all her training and schooling to become a certified Spiritualist minister/medium.
I would never consider taking money either for something I feel I was given to help others, but I cannot begrudge those who must make a living.
It's unusual that you & I both have titanium back screws (6-4" screws L3-5 for me), horrific frequent migraines, (and possibly more!) in common. And, I've been hooked on that darn gum for ages... No judging here! With all the pain, and seriously ill people in my life, I don't even recall the stories I read yesterday or most of my own comments. I have to save the ones with my comments to favs in order to remember to check back! Illness & pain definitely have an impact on our memory and moods. You can repeat anything you want and I'll definitely never remember any of it long-term.:)
My condolences on your furbaby's illness. Mine is my life. I just had to spend a BUNDLE on a root canal for her, after she broke her upper 4th molar last week. Ouch! I think most of us know how it feels when the crap hits the fan, and it does all seem to happen at once, doesn't it?
My prayers are with you, your family, and your furbaby.

Blessings,
Lynev
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-04)
Miracles & Rook
Thanks for understanding. I know what you are talking about Miracles I do the same thing with my moods. I think that I scare the young ghosts I have when I'm like that. Rook I'm allergic to adhesives. The reaction may be as simple as an outline where the bandage/patch was and have too use goo gone to get rid of the left over adhesive to skin ripping off. So I will have to try the gum if I can't quit by the end of the month. I don't even enjoy it anymore.
Thanks again for understanding.
Regards
Red
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-03)
RedWolf - no apologies necessary on my part. I suffer from migraines and a bad back. I know how quickly my mood goes from good to gone in a split second. I warn my kids when I am in so much pain that breathing hurts. I have no sense if humor when I'm in pain and snap at everything / everyone. Glad you didn't leave ๐Ÿ˜Š
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
9 years ago (2015-07-03)
Red,

Bless you dear... No offense here... I was worried that my comment had truly hurt your feelings and all because I was picking on myself. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I hope things will get better for you... Question about the smoking... Ha e you tried a nicotine patch... It might keep you from smoking long enough so they can fix the screws they need to... Heck maybe they will help you quit altogether (I am an ex- smoker myself... I know what it's like to try and stop...). It's a thought anyway.

Thanks for coming back... Your insights are a welcome addition here and YGS would not be the same.

Respectfully,

Rook
Larkin (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-03)
Red,

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. Ignoring your issues (I know what it's like to deal with very real pain and medical issues myself), it's easy to become emotional over something like this.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+5
9 years ago (2015-07-03)
To Rookdygin,Miracles,& everyone else,
I have to give you all my sincerest apology for my ''tantrum'' yesterday. Not only is one of my dogs is dieing but I have serious neck and back problems. The surgical type. I have to quit smoking for 3 months prior. The problem is my daughter stresses me out so much I can't,she stresses everyone in the house. So again I apologize I was being an idiot. I do not have any problems with Rookdygin nor Miracles I hope they can forgive me. My only defense is I was in pain and had a witch of a headache which I thought was from stress but it built into a migraine. Nobody here caused that. I have 2 broken Titanium screws in my neck, bad scoliosis and to really gross you out there are several screws in my lower back that you can see if I lift my shirt. They are just under the skin.
Again my apologies. Now I'm getting obnoxious. Sorry ๐Ÿ˜†
Regards
Red
ZulaGirl (50 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-02)
RedWolf, I'm glad that you are done with the Ouija board. If I had my way, they would be altogether gone from this world. The good from the few responsible (or necessary) rituals it can be used for is far outweighed by the bad brought about by inexperienced and foolish experimentation. Besides, there is no ritual involving Ouija where the ends accomplished cannot be achieved by other means.

These days, I see a lot of people running around in Ouija board shirts. I think there should be a shirt with a planchette and a red circle with a line through it superimposed over the planchette. Ouija is not cool, dark, forbidden sexy. It is dangerous and far too available to inexperienced users.

You can see that my frustration over this matter runs rampant! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-02)
Red, I'm hoping this comes across the way I intend it. I do understand how you took Rook's comment to be directed at you - but honestly, I really do believe that everyone else took it to be at himself. We all know (and he admits) he can be rather blunt at times. Now, think about that a sec. He doesn't pull punches, if he was making fun of you it would be obvious to everyone (and I don't see no bus pulling up, or any blankies out). And Miracles - well, she was just trying to assure Rook he hadn't gone daft and imagined he'd only read it before. But still, your feelings were hurt, and that's understandable because you are in a painful place right now. Sometimes, when we're hurting everything (especially words) becomes like barbed wire. Things that normally don't bother us at all will go straight to the heart. Because we are mired in heartache/worry/pain everything gets a bit slanted, I guess. I know with myself it does. Anyway, my point is, I get it. At least, I think I do. And all I can do really, is send you a big bear hug and let you know, you aren't alone.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-07-02)
Tweed - thank you for your support ๐Ÿ˜Š That is exactly why I posted the link to the comment and why I mentioned my Journal. I would be lost without it.

RedWolf - we don't have any filters that alert us a comment, almost identical to a story, exists. I wish we did. It would make misunderstandings a lot easier to resolve. We've had entire stories submitted by two different o/ps. Obviously plagiarism. But we don't know that unless we remember the first submission, or something nags at us that the second one just feels off.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-02)
RedWolf,

Thank you for sharing this story. It's great when people share their cautionary experiences with the OB. The more stories like this the better, because they just might make people think twice before they jump into something they don't understand.

I hope you are doing well and I can relate to going through caring for a sick animal. I was an absolute wreck when my cat was poorly. Hopefully, with a bit of time, you'll feel differently about Rook and Miracles. For what it's worth I didn't get the feeling they were attacking your credibility at all. Not in the slightest. Though, given what you're dealing with at the moment, it's understandable. Plus written word lacks tone of voice and can sometimes get misconstrued. I'm guessing you're probably lacking sleep right now, I know I was with my cat. I couldn't even tell you what 1 + 1 equaled.

In case it helps a bit, my initial take on Rook's comment was that the 'nanana' thing was his way of *bragging* he'd read it before anyone else. Because he's known you for a lot longer than many of the rest of us. Not that he was *discrediting* you with this statement.
Then when Miracles linked your comment, this was her confirming he *had* 'read it', but that she had done this only to *confirm* it. The varying details were her testament for the importance of a journal. But she wasn't saying this in a *flippant* or *aggressive* manner, but as further *encouragement* as a *general* rule of thumb for anyone reading here.
No one expects you to have kept a journal when you were a teenager honing your skills.

Sending loving thoughts your way, take some 'me time' away from all your concerns if you can.
One more thing, I really admire you not wanting to accept money for your abilities. I won't judge those who do, but I feel the same as you.
Take care.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-07-01)
RedWolf, When posted as a story, this site essentially copy writes your work for you. You own it. But not in comments. So, if you described something in a comment, you can still write it up in a story. No harm done. After the story is written, you are supposed to reference yourself if you talk about it or else you plagiarize yourself. I know, crazy, right? (so students cannot submit the same paper for two classes without asking...) But you did fine here doing your story.

I am sending you a big hug here. The pain associated with a very, very sick pet/family member is devastating and exhausting. Your comments are always well received, by me and others quite obviously. Please take good care of yourself and come back. We all have our own way of approaching comments, and Rook is very straight forward about his bluntness. When sensitive, that kind of blunt can feel directed. I didn't take the comments here directed at you this way. I hope you can do something nice for yourself this evening and come back refreshed with more, good RedWolf insights. I, too, am very sensitive and might need your help sometime , even in a situation like this. I am sending lots of positives to you, Jethro and your family. Please take good care.

Hecate โค
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-01)
Red Wolf - no offense was intended by my comment. That truly is why I keep my Journal. I have a hard time remembering an experience that happened two months ago. Don't even try recalling exact details from 3 1/2 years or longer. I sincerely am sorry if I hurt your feelings or made you feel as if your story was falsified ๐Ÿ˜ข
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-07-01)
RedWolf...The nananan's were directed towards myself and the fact it felt like I had read this experience before... I didn't remember you had placed it in a previous comment from 3.5 years ago.

I can, and will be blunt, as you and many members are well aware... But nothing in my orignal comment was really directed towards you or this expereince... Except for the fact it seemed really familure (sp) to me like a case of De Ja Vu (sp?). I apologize if I upset you in any manner, that was not my intention.

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-01)
Ohhhhh,

That's why... I knew I read it before...3.5 years... Not months... But YEARS? ๐Ÿ˜•

Anyway...Thanks for sharing RedWolf. This series of experiences shows that even when used properly something like the Oujia Board can affect even those who never touch it. Skeptics can not except what they have experienced and it overwhelms (sp?) them... In a non-paranormal way and to serious degrees.

Respectfully,

Rook
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-07-01)
Hecate
Thank you for the compliment but you may not see me or my comments for awhile, Thanks to Rook making me feel like crap. I thought he was a nice person but I may have to re-think that
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-01)
HecateO
This happened about 37 years ago and I have lost touch with these friends a long time ago. But I'm sure Ralph is fine

Rookdygin
To my knowledge this is the first time you commented on one of my stories. Yet you respond to this one in such a way it seems like you are making fun of me with the nanana at the end of the comment. Thanks for nothing. You made me feel like crap. Maybe I'll become a silent listener and not comment on anything anymore unless I feel like someone needs some help and no one else commented, or just not come on the site as much if at all.

Miracles
I forgot that I posted this story on someone else's
Story 3 1/2 years ago. This story was posted even though I wrote it in a comment? The reason there are some discrepancies is I wrote the story is because I wanted to warn people about the psychological damage it can cause to some people. I did change the mothers name by mistake her name is Doris. The rest of the story is how I wrote it except I forgot the board spelled out I will always watch over you and your sister. I have a near photographic memory but forgive my mistake because I have a dog with inoperable cancer so that is why I made some mistakes, my concern is my dog not some memory lapses.
If you want to remove the story I will understand. It is obvious you are not the mod that posted it.
I don't know how it got past the other mods, maybe whoever it was liked my story. Now I don't think it was such a good idea to write it.

Regards
Red
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-01)
I am very glad you do it... It makes it fun to come and post stories and comments here. It keeps the level of integrity of the comments up. We can only know more about all of these things if people are polite and respectful. I have been studying these things for over 30 years and I am loving how much I learn from people here. THANK YOU!

And thanks to all the people like RedWolf here, for her stories and wonderful comments.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-07-01)
You are very right and some days it doesn't seem worth it, to be truthful. But for the most part I enjoy it ๐Ÿ˜Š And I love my Journal. It truly is a necessary tool in this life ๐Ÿ˜Š
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-01)
Miracles, now you have me laughing. Google is our friend! The journal is a great idea for this, though. I always appreciate those of you who moderate here. Not an easy job. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Hecate
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-07-01)
Hecate - as much as I appreciate your compliment, I have to admit I didn't remember it. Google is my very close friend LOL ๐Ÿ˜†
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-01)
Miracles, I am VERY impressed. Good memory, even with a journal. Rook, too, for remembering from that far back. I hadn't read the first one. I am newer to the site. I'm glad she wrote it up as a story this time.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-07-01)
Although the details in this story and the previous comment are a bit different ๐Ÿ˜• Which is why I keep a journal LOL
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-01)
rook - this might help http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=14163

RedWolf posted her experience on someone else's story 3 1/2 years ago.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-01)
RedWolf, MODS, Editors and to whom it may concern...

This was submitted and posted near the begining of June right? I KNOW I have read this before... The part about the kneee surgery and the psyc ward ring bells ofr sure.

Anyway...this is NOT the same reply I made so I beat the De Ja Vu thing...nanana!

Respectfully,

Rook
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-01)
RedWolf, thanks for your story. I always love reading your comments. I worry that Ralph's problems were a result of his intense fear rather than OB itself. I agree, people should stay away from them. But this is because people are not careful. You guys were being careful, closing it as you should. I just think he had either psychological or unexplored psychic skills/abilities that scared him. Is he better now?

Thanks so much for sharing. Best to you and yours!

Hecate

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: