You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost From The Past

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost From The Past

 

I just want to share what had happened to me growing up in a small village. I should tell you that I lived with my parents in a small, fisherman village in the north part of Sulawesi Island in Indonesia. Well, my parents are native in that small village and has been living there all their life. I too was a native there and always been living there until I have moved to the big city when I was 22.

The first encounter to the supernatural and unexplainable things happened to me when I was a little girl, this story actually being told by my parents. My dad told me that when I was about 2 or 3 years old I would cry in the middle of the night for no reason and when I started to cry there would this sound of, kind of a mix of bird chirping and woman laughs sounds coming from below my window. I would cry even louder when I heard the horrid sounds and nobody know what kind of sound that was. I mean my mom heard it, my dad heard it but when my dad went out to check there was nothing there, but the sounds continued. And the closer my dad to the bushes where the sounds was heard the more the hair of his back stood up but when my dad check the bushes there was nothing there but the sounds kept getting louder.

Having realized that this was something other than this world he rushed back inside, boiling some water and he pour the boiling hot water to the bushes outside my window and then the sound turned into some kind of woman yelled in pain mix with cat groan and after that the sound would stop and I would stop crying. It happened almost every night, I wonder how my parents survived that and still they didn't move out of the house.

One event that my parents told me and I actually recalled it is this events. It was an afternoon my dad just got back from fishing and my mom was with my dad in the kitchen and they heard me talking in my bedroom, they heard me saying, "But I don't want to help you" (I said that in my native tongue). I kept saying that while talking to whatever it was under my bed. My mom and Dad found me chest against the floor, talking to the blank space under my bed.

But I remembered that one event and I know exactly that I wasn't talking by myself or talking to the blank space under my bed. I remember precisely that I was talking to a wounded man, dress like an old time soldier and he was missing one leg. And I remember what he was asking me, he wanted me to pull him out of under the bed but I didn't want to help him because I thought he was so scary.

My parents told me since I was a little girl, I always talked but I didn't talk to people, I talked to a blank space. Sometimes I talked to the corner of the room and I would call whoever it was I talked to by their name and my parents told me their names was familiar because it was actually the name of my deceased relatives. That freaked out people. And sometimes they would politely said no to my parents when asked to babysit me.

One night my mom and I visited my grandma who lives with my aunt and spent the night there while my dad was in hospital, taking care of his sister-in-law who at the time was sick with cancer. And out of nowhere in the middle of the night I screamed and cried and called out to my sick aunt (my dad's sister-in-law) over and over again until few minutes since I started crying the home phone of my grandma's rang and it was my dad informing us that his sister-in-law had passed away.

That was the strange, supernatural things that I experienced when I was little. Some I remember some I got from my parents' recollection. And since then I sometimes would get a premonition about things and feels some presence but that would be on another stories.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DreamCatcher17, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-03)
Hey DreamCatcher I really enjoyed and trust your story... Good to read

Thanks for sharing:)
DreamCatcher17 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-03)
Thank you for all your supportive comment, I really appreciate it.

[at] Lynne2015: I agree with you, it's both blessing and a curse. The blessing would be that I grow up become a brave person not easily afraid but the curse I would say have more effects than the blessing. For instance, when I was a teenagers I lost the ability to seeing ghost entirely as the night terror reduce ceaselessly. But the problem is I still get the premonition and it making me sick, literally. I always got sick and recover quite longer than I normally would when I got the premonition. When I sick because of the premonition at night I would called out for the name of my relatives and I would cry for no reason until they phoned us the next day informing that my cousin have passed away. That always happens.

[at] Larkin: My parents are very supportive because they do believe in supernatural things. Actually the whole neighborhood does. You wouldn't even believe if I told you the story surrounding my cousin's death. It was too strange too be true but it is true. It make quite a shock to the whole village. Our village is surrounded by beaches and thick forest and our villagers believe there's something bad in the forest, the "something bad" sometimes follow my dad's home. But that would be in another story.
Larkin (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-02)
Something young kids can't always understand at the time is, even when confronted with the unknown, it's not always possible to move to 'escape' things.

As a child growing up with a lot of unexplained things, sometimes life, work and money prevents you from leaving, even when you desperately want to.

It's good your parents were able to handle it and protect you.

As for young kids talking to blank space? That could be anything really. Who knows?
Lynne2015 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-02)
Hi dreamcatcher17, I loved reading your story and I believe you. Some say, children can see what adults cannot see. At one instance, I also caught my daughter pointing to a blank space acting so weird and crying. She said some scared her and she held me tight she doesn't want to let go. You have a gift of seeing things, premonition they call it. Even those are already dead can communicate with you. I call it a gift and also a curse. You are also blessed that your parents believed in your stories when I have no luck about that. They call me crazy and they thought I was making up stories. Well, who wants to scare the hell out of ourselves, right? I would love to hear more of your stories. Take care 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: