You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: Shadow In The Apartment Complex

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow In The Apartment Complex

 

In November of 2011, Me and my dad moved into an apartment complex called Candlelight, It's in Mt. Orab. Well, all the way from the time we moved in there until the day we moved out, Weird stuff happened. It wasn't really scary, just creepy. A month after we moved in, my aunt died. I am not sure if her spirit could have wondered to our apartment, or not. But after she died, Occasionally things would go missing, sometimes to reappear in a completely different place. Sometimes to never reappear at all. I really never thought too much of it, of course. Because I've never really fully believed in ghosts. (I kind of still don't. My mom says I just need to open my mind.) And there has been times where I would be in the bathroom, at the top of the stairs and feel like someone or something grabbed my ankle. At first, I automatically assume it's my dog brushing against me. But when I look, there isn't anything there. I just shrugged it off and continued with what I was doing. My dad recently told me that he has had the same feeling. (Like something grabbed his ankle in the bathroom.) I told him about me feeling it before and he said "Maybe it's your aunt sissy." I considered it, but didn't put too much thought into it. Some days there would be times where I would feel uneasy as if someone or something was watching me from my closet in my room, causing me to always check my closet and then close it before I went to bed. But I never had that feeling if I had a friend over. Almost like whatever it was watching me, Didn't when someone else was there. I always slept with the t.v. On. Even though I was 16 years old. A couple months ago, my boyfriend said while he was sitting in his car smoking a cigarette, He would see a shadow walk in front of his car. (as if it were someone walking to the laundry room.) And when he looked up, nobody was there. So he didn't think anything of it, Just thought it WAS someone walking to do there laundry. When he looked back down at his phone, he saw the shadow again. Not walking in the other direction, like someone was walking back to their apartment, but the same direction, like they were still walking towards the laundry room. And our apartments had a big light on the side of each building, to keep the parking lot lit. And my boyfriend said each time he was to see the shadow, the light would turn off then right back on. And he said he saw the shadow probably 5 or 6 times. I have also had weird dreams where there was something evil in the apartment complex. Particularly my building and the building right next to mine. I don't know if something is or was there. Or if there isn't anything and it's just all in our heads.

Other hauntings by Des_b_97

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Des_b_97, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Des_b_97 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
Tweed,
You may be right. It may be all in our heads. But my dad has believed in ghosts for as long as I can remember and tells me all the time about experiences he has had. I believe him when he tells me these things but I'm not sure myself if I believe in ghosts because other than one experience being a little kid, I have never really seen anything. I have seen books fly off of tables but I always thought maybe the books were poorly stacked to begin with. Not quite sure.
bloodshoteyez (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-05)
Hi Des

I'm relieved you and your family do not live in that apartment anymore. Your story is just creepy and ghosts can be involved with something disappearing but then reappearing on another part of the house (I never had an experience like this only heard about it)

But do consider Tweed's advice it might not be paranormal. This happened four years ago and only you by good observance can tell if this experience is indeed extraordinary or supernatural.

I hope an expert will give you his or her insight regarding this. Anyways this is one scary story I read in this site so far.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-03)
Hi Des,

It might be all in your heads. You're probably bothered by it because you've never really believed in ghosts. For most people who do believe in ghosts this kind of thing is pretty 'normal' and nothing to concern ourselves with. So it's probably just a case of adapting to it.
The light/shadow your boyfriend saw could have been the light flickering before turning off. The flickering could have produced what he perceived as a shadow of someone walking by.
Also grabbing your ankle, only you can judge this for yourself, but could it have been a muscle spasm? We all get these and they can feel like pressure is applied in the form of touch. But really it's just a physical sensation. Why would it be your Aunt Sissy? Is this the kind of thing she'd do? Grabbing someones ankle is pretty unique so I'm wondering if there's a back story to the ankle detail which made your Dad connect it with your Aunt.

All up I say don't worry about what you've experienced. If you feel uncomfortable or your gut tells you something is wrong look into a cleansing ritual.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: