You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: Shadow Abduction?

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Abduction?

 

Unlike my previous stories this is about something I think happened rather than something I know happened. Please continue to read and see what you think.

A few months ago I was suffering from a temporary bout of insomnia, I was having trouble sleeping due to giving up smoking (although I am smoking again now - c'mon guys its the only way I can sleep).

I remember one night laying there just watching the clock go round, 12midnight, 1am, 2am etc. Anyways, I must of dozed off or something as I woke with a start to see two dark figures creeping around my bedroom. A really tall one and a shorter one, both with no features just pure blackness in the shape of men? They were quite thin and had long gangly limbs. Either they had hair or hats but I couldn't quite tell as they were so dark and the room was dark too so I was literally just seeing shadows.

Now at this point you need to know that my husband and I sleep in separate rooms due to night noises (snoring etc).

Anyway, I remember sliding down under my duvet hoping they would be gone soon. I peeked out after a bit (prob 30secs) and they were still there. I saw the taller one point towards my bed and the shorter one moved towards the bed. I shut my eyes tight hoping it was not real.

I then felt something slide over the top of the covers like an arm or something. Before I could scream or anything the next thing I know I am being pulled from the bed by my feet (I saw the taller one holding my ankles) and the shorter one was pushing me out from the side of the bed. Then I remember shouting for them to let me go.

This was the most scary part, but here follows the weird part.

As I was being pulled out of bed I saw my husbands face flash past mine saying "hold on, don't let go". So I grabbed onto the bedcovers (all I could grab) as tightly as I could then felt a big BUMP as I landed on the floor of my room. I looked up and no-one/nothing was there. Safe to say that didn't help my insomnia as I was worried about sleeping for ages after.

Well I hear you say now, that was just SP and/or a nightmare and I fell out of bed.

But please can someone explain how, the next morning when I woke my husband (in another room) he said he had a dream that I was being abducted by someone he couldn't see (in his dream the person was a black shadow) and he remembered in the dream he told me to "hold on & not let go" whilst he was trying to rescue me.

Now I am not saying that these beings were physically in my room, although I will not exclude that possibility. Is it not strange that my husband and I had the same experience at the same time. Can anyone explain this?

Thanks for reading, I welcome any comments.

Sara xx

Other hauntings by MaybeADreamer

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MaybeADreamer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MaybeADreamer (4 stories) (58 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-10)
Hi All

Thanks for your responses, sorry for my delay I have had a hectic week so far.

Tweed - thanks for your message, I remember as a teenager me and a friend had a book about OBE and we were trying it out but I never managed to get anywhere with it. I have been fascinated by it but I haven't tried it since my teens (that was over 20years ago 😢).
This experience was a few months back (cant remember exact date) but I don't think much out of the ordinary was going on for me at that time other than not sleeping and being quite upset about not sleeping. But I do believe in the possibility it was an OBE, but then it may also of been a coincidental dream, i'm not really sure what to think myself.

Rook - thanks for your comments too. I can't say that my husband and I are as close and you and your wife sound. We are complete opposites mostly. What I would do this way he would do that way and vice versa. But it seems to work as long as only one of us does a project (if we work on a project together we may disagree how it should be done). We watch different TV programs, have different hobbies etc. But we work to our strengths, if he is better at something he will do it, If I am, I will do it (that's how we roll 😁). I think I am going to take your advice about putting all details in a diary so if anything similar occurs I can let you all know.

Hecate - Don't worry I don't think your comments are as far fetched as some might. I'm not saying "That's It" but its another possibility I am open to. I like to keep an open mind for all possibilities until facts are given.

If anything else occurs along these lines I will surely be back on here to let you all know. The more facts presented, the more chance of answers.

Gaya - Larkin - Giants - thanks for your input also.

Love, light and laughter to all xx
Sara.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-07-07)
Sara,

Everybody here is really going to put me in the "your thinking is off today" bin... But here goes...

Have you ever read anything about alien abductions? When you described the shadows as thin with long, gangly limbs, this is unlike most ghost/shadow people descriptions. I immediately started thinking alien. My first introduction to this is from a book by Whitley Strieber called Communion.

Https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communion_%28book%29

I, personally have seen several UFO's. But I have mixed views about why they would interact with us, in a way like you describe. Anyway, I may be scaring you to pieces with this, and that is not my intent. I am just trying to give you something to think about.

Hecate
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
9 years ago (2015-07-07)
Sara,

I would like to ask this question... (no disrespect meant just trying to establish some facts)

How close are you and your husband? What I am getting at is along the lines of... Do you find yourselves finishing each others statements? When out with friends and speaking of something that happened do you find that you not only finish the others point but you use the same hand gestures and or stand (or even sit the same way)?

I ask because my wife and I often do things like that and it tends to freak out our friends and family... But we can not help it. If you are that close you may have experienced a shared dream... Hard to say who entered whose... (please search mutual dreaming for basic information) which can happen despite the sleeping arangements (has the advice of a Doctor been sought for the snoreing? Sleep apnea can be... Well let's just say, not so nice).

So advice...advice? Please start a Journal... Keep track of any 'odd occurences', dreams, feelings you may experience... Then go back and check them for similarities... Time of day... Room experienced in...weather...can all be factors.

Please keep us posted and Welcome to YGS.

Respectfully,

Rook
GiantsFan (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-07)
I think you somehow experienced your husbands dream. I have heard about stuff like that before.
Larkin (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-06)
I haven't really ever heard of Shadow People being aggressive like this. And the fact you could move around rules out SP as well.

I don't really know WHAT to tell you.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-06)
Hi Sara, wow this is really fascinating/bizarre/odd!

Ok well let's first rule out SP as I don't think you can fall out of bed from this. We can maybe rule in sleep walking, during which you could have heard your husband call out his message as he may have called out in his sleep. Which coincidentally permeated your dream.

That's the only physically plausible explanation I got.

The only other is OBE. Did I read that you'd been trying to do this? Or maybe I'm remembering wrongly. If you have been attempting astral, perhaps these beings were there to help you achieve it. The fact one pointed to you when you were aware of them suggests they may have been trying to locate your husband, (his astral form, if they were the cause of him whizzing past you), and in doing so spotted you under the covers. Well I guess, from that, they weren't aware of your sleeping arrangement or had not visited your home much, if at all.

Gee, I think this is one of those encounters where it has to simmer a bit before it starts making sense!

Was there any build up to this? Apart from quitting and smoking again (no judgement, smoker here). I mean people quit and smoke again every day and no one gets hauled out of bed! So I'm wondering if there was any sort of feeling in the home days before, or something which was just ever so slightly out of the norm but just slight enough to not ping your radar of things to take note of.

Also, I know it's a stupidly obvious question, but do you keep your home filled with good/positive energy? With ye ole cleansing and the like?
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-06)
Looks like real shadow people and the fact that your hubby also dreamt the same thing means you both have seen the shadows in astral.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: