You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: The Shadow In My Corner

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadow In My Corner

 

I'm still a teenager. A lot of people tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, that it's not real. I refuse to believe what those tell me. I know what I see and what I've always been able to see.

I moved into my new house just on the outskirts of Jesup. It's a large house with five bed rooms, it has four acres surrounding it. Next to it is the woods along with our small dirt road. It's only been a couple months since we moved in. At first I didn't feel the energy feeling I get like normal when in an area with a spirit.

My room is very dark due to I have one window but the tree blocks out all of my light. But soon I noticed weird shadows around the house but I ignored them because I felt no energy.

It all started really happening about four months ago. I was laying in bed and couldn't go to sleep. Just another night to me. I stopped breathing, I guess I'm odd like that. Then I hear across the room shallow breathing, that's not normal for me. I stare in that direction but yet there's nothing there. I naturally thought like any reasonable person said I'm just tired. Nothing's there.

So after week I started getting this overwhelming darkness in that one corner of my room. It was where I had my mirror, closet, and sink at. That night I stared off again in that direction but I see a shadow crouching down in the dark. It couldn't see any special details due to how dark it was. I got scared at first but it didn't seem mean. The energy coming from it was lost and sad.

For a long time until this recent month. I would stare at it until falling asleep just like the last three months. One night about two and half weeks ago I would wake back up around one and three am in the morning. I wanted to look over in that corner but I felt this aggressive energy right next to me. I could feel this thing staring at me wanting me to look at it again. I decided to look and I see this thing in the corner now next to my bed. The aggressiveness went away and a lighter feeling came back.

Every night it wakes me up at those hours. Well last week I got home super late and instantly went to sleep not looking at my shadow man. He woke me up again like normal but seem aggressive again. It was bother some and I was just too tired to deal with this.

I roll over and go back to sleep. When I wake up that next morning I had paper everywhere in my room. My hobby is to draw and I'm good at it. There were ripped drawings and ruined paintings on the floor. I was furious with the spirit but I wasn't going to confront by myself seeing that could be dangerous.

I go to my much older neighbor to seek advice as my dad and step mother don't believe in ghost and demons. She told me to be very careful, it obviously used the attention I gave it to feel like it existed. She told me to look at the spirit but don't give it what it wants all the time or that could be very dangerous. I guess the spirit is latched on to me. But as long as I never speak to it I should be fine.

I would like some of your thoughts on how to deal with it. I don't know how to not let it hurt me. Please help if you can this is scary for me and I need help as my family won't due to their non believing in ghost.

Thank you for listening me. Thank you for those who help.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Turtlegirlsocks, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-05)
Hi Turtlegirlsock,

Im not one who has had a lot of experiences with the paranormal like a lot of others on this site so my opinion may not seem as important or as interesting BUT I have read other peoples stories and comments and one imperticular stood out to me it was " treat spirits as you would treat another living person " to wich my following statement would be:

I agree with the comment, if a living being was pissing you of you would tell them... You said you didn't want to confront this spirit on your own but my opinion is give it a try...

If its pissing you off tell it its pissing you off, tell it you need your rest and you don't have time for its games and that if it wants to communicate in a peaceful way then its welcome to (if that's what you want) but be firm and tell it you are not here for it to scare and that you want it to leave unless it can be peaceful with you...

Only my opinion and advice and I do hope you resolve the issue.
missmeggelizabeth (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
What you're experiencing sounds like a spirit that wants to be known and wants the attention. My advice is similar to the others.
If you have a particular faith have a cleansing and blessing of the house. This should either help the spirit move on or prevent it entering the house again.
Take a moment at night to say something personal to you. I normally say something a long the lines of this is my space my own bubble, and no one shall enter without my permission. It calms me down and helps me to sleep, as I believe it protects your room for a short period of time.
I've had the same problem as you with a shadow man except nothing has escalated to it reacting. But when I do say that thing to myself on a night. For me it helps, but not a permanent solution as sometimes the entity can still appear.
If non of this helps seek professional help. You do not want to make this entity angry or distressed. As you don't know what it is capable of. Hope this helps and thanks for sharing as it must have taken a lot of courage!
Zander (7 stories) (146 posts)
-2
9 years ago (2015-07-12)
You are in the middle of a battle. This is a spiritual battle with an entity which is invading your space. What do you need in a battle? Defenses and arms. You need to create a sacred, protected space in your room. First off, cover the mirror with a cloth that you bless first, every night. Naughty entities can use mirrors as portals. What prayers hold power for you? There are Psalms for protection. Read Psalm 91 aloud in your room. Have the Bible handy and 'throw' this Psalm and/or Psalm 23 at the disturbance the INSTANT it returns. During the day, safely burn a white candle for a time and say "All that is not like love is banished from this space. I revoke any permission granted to any entity by me, my family or anyone else who has ever lived or visited here. Be gone in the name of Jesus Christ!' You must say this FORCEFULLY. Do not play curiosity driven 'patty cake' with this entity. Fight! If you need help, ask the neighbor to pray for you. Keep us posted. Contact Bill Bean if you feel you need an expert still. God bless.
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-11)
Hello:

I sympathize with you because you are young and do not have any anyone to help guide or support you. If this is an entity; in my opinion, there could be many reasons you are sensing it.
You may be sensitive to spirit, and just beginning your journey in learning how to deal with these things.
Or, this could be an earth-bound soul who passed in an unhappy or confused way, has not crossed over, may be trapped, and is making his presence known. I have known of a case where someone who is not particularly sensitive had experiences in a home where there was a suicide, but nothing since.
Of course, these are not the only possibilities but just the first ones that popped into my head.
Either way, you could do a house blessing (also called a shielding). Rookdygin has a generic one on his profile page that you can find by clicking on his name (in his comment), and then looking under "About me".
If you are of a particular faith, you can look up one consistent with your beliefs and perform it alone or with others from your church. A blessing is probably something your parents (or others) wouldn't object to. You don't have to share all the specifics of your experiences with everyone to perform one, if the paranormal makes them uncomfortable.
Another option is to try helping him cross over. A simple search will yield many methods, and you needn't address him specifically to accomplish this if you are not comfortable with acknowledging him. You can pray to God, guardian angels, or whoever you wish to come and help him cross over. Stress that God is love and there is nothing to fear, since the fear of judgement may be what sometimes holds them back.
There are other theories for this type of activity; like the manifestation of youthful energy as well as loads of others.
Personally, I always pray before I sleep to protect myself and my loved ones. I am also an artist and if something/someone unseen was destroying my work and disrupting my sleep, you can bet I would want them gone in a hurry!

Kind Regards,
Lynev
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-07-09)
A few questions...Oh, where are my manners...

Welcome to YGS, thanks for sharing... Now back to busniess...

A few questions...

(Not to pry) How old are you? (early teens or late teens will be a good enough answer).

How long did your home 'sit empty' before your family moved in?

Have you 'seen' this shadow man's 'shape? Is it indeed shaped like a 'man'? Or does it 'feel' masculine but 'look' different?

Do you know any history of the property or the former owners?

Just a few questions... 😉

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: