You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Items :: Ghost In My Old Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost In My Old Bed

 

This story isn't very long or interesting. It's not even really a story but here it is.

I don't trememer when this storages but my earliest memory is when I was in 6th grade. So I'm not sure if this happened before this time or not (probably not). It happened mostly at night until I was 17 years old. So from 11yrs-17yrs. Sometimes someone will be in bed with me but most of the time not or they were asleep. But the mattress would not move, but more like sink? As if someone had just sat/laid down on it. But when I looked no one was there, no cats, no nothing. Sometimes I would get the felling someone was laying next to me when no one was there the other side of the mattress would be empty.

At times I would think it was the cat & sometimes it was, but most of the time there was no cat around. My parents divorced when I was 15 & this happened at both of their houses & it also happened in the past 4 houses/ apartment I've lived in. So it wasn't something that could be blamed on "oh it's just the house" or "you just need a new bed or mattress" cause I have gotten a new bed & mattress in the past 7 years at the time.

What's even more weird it just stopped when I was 17 after I left for about 3 weeks to go to Arizona and hasn't happened since. I'm still waiting for it to start back up again but it hasn't yet. And it's never stopped & then started back up again.

But it never harmed me or did anything to scare me (it still did, no shiat) but never did anything intentionally to scare me.

Anyone had anything like this happen to them before? Please share or any advice?

Please ask questions. Or ask questions if there's any confusion so I can try to make it make more sense for you.

Other hauntings by gstories

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gstories, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

gstories (4 stories) (22 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-22)
Tweed-

I always thought it was a woman. It felt more like a woman than a man, but I was never 100% sure
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-07-12)
gstories: Sorry, we don't have a notification system. You just have to keep coming back 😆. If you'd like to see the comments on your story only, there are a couple of things you can do:
At the top of the page, far right, you'll see your screen name and under that account/profile/log out. If you click on account, you can see your new comments, or click on profile and click on your story.
gstories (4 stories) (22 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-12)
Tweed

At the time I had nothing bad going on in my life or any bad paranormal experiences.

Also can I set up a notification to my email on here whenever someone comments on this and for other stuff?
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-12)
There are many stories on here with ghosts sitting on peoples beds like this, when nothing bad ever comes of it. It's beginning to sound more like a guardian type figure. Given your age when it was happening, it may have been there to simply stop any potentially bad entity from getting through. Perhaps simply sitting on your bed was its way of doing this.
Did you ever have any bad paranormal experiences around this time? If not, maybe that's all its capacity was; protector.

As for the comments thing, you can't reply directly to people. Most people just address folks by name, in the case of a busy thread.
gstories (4 stories) (22 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-12)
Tweed

I don't know how to reply to your comment or if you can reply to other comments at all.

The weight felt more like a light-medium sized weight. Nope never saw anything or any indication on the mattress that showed that someone is/was sitting there. It felt like they just sat down on the bed or moved a little not like they just jumped on it.

It always freaked me out. But I never felt threatened or like it was going to hurt/mess with me because it never did.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-09)
Oh crap. I didn't mean to imply that whoever visited you was a 'devil'. I only said 'devil in the detail' as a turn of phrase. Just making that clear. We have a lot of people who run screaming at the first mention of anything unholy. It wasn't my intention to incite such nonsense.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-09)
Hi Gstories, thanks for sharing your story.

I think the devil will be in the detail on this. Could you tell, by the weight you felt in the impression on the mattress, any physically distinctive features of this unseen presence? Things such as height, build, gender, position, age, which way they were facing, did they 'land' on the bed, or did they 'climb' on the bed?
Pretty much any details you can think of will help give an indication of the why of it all. Just think back to how this presence 'felt' to you. You can tell a lot about someone by the way they move. If you describe it, maybe we can come up with some answers to build a clearer picture of your bed dweller.

Thanks again, and take care, oh and welcome to YGS!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: